Wedding Hair, Makeup, & Beauty Forums
Options

Lip for wedding!!

My makeup artist said to get a rose colored pencil and then a lipgloss/srick to touch up throughout the night. I have dry lips so need something that will not feel dry but has staying power!

Re: Lip for wedding!!

• Options
    I can't say what to get for a lip stick or pencil, but two weeks before the wedding, drink lots and lots of water and exfoliate your lips with sugar and oil.  This will help moisten them up.  I have horrible dry lips and if I don't drink tons of water throughout the day they start to crack.  So I was told to exfoliate.  Try it out and see if it makes a difference.
  • Options
    @klk111415, could you elaborate on the exfoliation a little bit?  What kind of oil, amounts of each, etc.  My lips are absolutely horrible, and it doesn't seem to matter what I use to soften them.
  • Options
    Try looking for a lip stain instead of a lipstick or gloss. That way the color will stay all night, and you can gloss over it with your favorite lip balm to keep your lips feeling nice and smooth.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    @natswild  http://everydayroots.com/homemade-lip-exfoliator

I saw that link.  I haven't decided what recipe I want to use but I think with proportions of sugar to coconut oil or olive oil, it's about trial and error.  

I've been trying out multiple products this winter to help combat the chapped lips. I usually put a layer of vaseline on my lips before bed which seems to help.  I've found carmex does a decent job healing really bad lips.  And a new product I found is bagbalm.  Look it up on amazon.  I don't mind the smell, it's not perfect but it has multiple uses.  Can be used on chapped lips, chapped skin, cracked skin.  Does a nice job healing my lips. It's kinda of like vaseline, but better. I can't stress enough drinking water though.  I'm so bad at staying hydrated, but after a week of drinking 11 cups of water per day or more, my lips are much much better.  Once the weekend hits, I fall off the hydration wagon and my lips are back to chapped and peeling.  
  • Options
  • Options
    edited March 2015
    Hi!
    Try to find a good lip moisturizer to repair your lips before the wedding. I love the Urban Decay Lip Pencils and Lipsticks! They stay on really well. I prefer lip sticks over gloss because it tends to stay on longer. Lip sticks can be very moisturizing.
    Steps to perfect lips:
    1. Exfoliate
    2. Moisturize
    3. Lip Primer
    4. Lip Pencil
    5. Lip Stick/Gloss
    You will be a beautiful bride!
    "If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything  until you get it".
  • Options
    blabla89 said:

Try looking for a lip stain instead of a lipstick or gloss. That way the color will stay all night, and you can gloss over it with your favorite lip balm to keep your lips feeling nice and smooth.

Sephora has really nice lip stains, the Sephora brand is nice and reasonable. The only downfall for me is because it's a stain, it gets a LITTLE dry, so I just put a little Vaseline balm over it. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards