Wedding Invitations & Paper

Addressing Envelopes

I'm not sure what is the right way to do this.  My parents would like their name and address to be on the RSVP cards.  I am unsure as to whose name should be on the outer envelope.  The invitation reads from both my parents and my finace's parents.  Should the outside return address on the envelope read from my parents or from my fiance and I?  There are some cute options with our initials and our address, or something nice with my parents name and address on it?

Thanks for the input!

Re: Addressing Envelopes

• Moved to invites and paper
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I'm not sure what is the right way to do this.  My parents would like their name and address to be on the RSVP cards.  I am unsure as to whose name should be on the outer envelope.  The invitation reads from both my parents and my finace's parents.  Should the outside return address on the envelope read from my parents or from my fiance and I?  There are some cute options with our initials and our address, or something nice with my parents name and address on it?

Thanks for the input!
    It depends on who is hosting your wedding. It sounds like your parents are hosting as they want RSVP cards sent to their house. For that reason, I would use their address as the return address on the outer envelope. 

If they want to be in charge of invitations, let them be in charge. Give them extra outer envelopes in case things come back undeliverable so they can re-send.
    *********************************************************************************

• My parents are hosting the wedding and will have the RSVP card go to them.  They will also have the outer envelope addressed to them.  I think it makes it really cohesive if both addresses are the same.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This is just a general question, but do any of you really pay that close attention to the return address/RSVP address?

I get that when you are the bride and are in the thick of it you want things to all be cohesive.  But really take a minute to think about it, how often do you look at or compare return addresses?

So OP, if your parents want to take charge of RSVPs and the invites then use their address for both.  If you want to be in control of any returned invites then use your address for the invites and their address for the RSVPs.  Really, as long as you get the information out to people and they send the information back, that is all that really matters.

• Who is responsible for mailing the invitations, counting RSVPs, and dealing with an address change if anything is returned? That's the person who should be on the return address and to whom the RSVPs should go.

• This is just a general question, but do any of you really pay that close attention to the return address/RSVP address?

I get that when you are the bride and are in the thick of it you want things to all be cohesive.  But really take a minute to think about it, how often do you look at or compare return addresses?

So OP, if your parents want to take charge of RSVPs and the invites then use their address for both.  If you want to be in control of any returned invites then use your address for the invites and their address for the RSVPs.  Really, as long as you get the information out to people and they send the information back, that is all that really matters.
    Funny story actually. My mom did actually make a comment on the RSVP address for a wedding invitation we received last week. I think it was more because it was going to the MOB who is married but the address label was Ms. MOB instead of Mrs.

Funny story actually. My mom did actually make a comment on the RSVP address for a wedding invitation we received last week. I think it was more because it was going to the MOB who is married but the address label was Ms. MOB instead of Mrs.
    Related to this - is the return address an etiquette thing? Do they have to be sent back to the hosts of the event?

I'm married and I'm Ms. I kept my last name. Also, there are women who change their last names and prefer "Ms". It's not incorrect or faux pas.
    *********************************************************************************

I'm married and I'm Ms. I kept my last name. Also, there are women who change their last names and prefer "Ms". It's not incorrect or faux pas.
    Ditto. Ms. is correct for any adult woman married or not.

I don't even remember what the return address was for the invitations. My parents were sent the RSVPs. I'm assuming they were also on the return address, but I'm not 100% sure.

However, I sent the invitations, and kept track of who was coming. My mom just called me and told me who had RSVP'd. It worked for us. 

I do notice who the RSVPs go to, though not the return address on the invitation. Usually the RSVPs for the weddings I've attended have been sent to the bride's parents but a couple weddings were the bride or couple, and one was the groom's parents (they were hosting). 

Ah okay, did not know this. Thanks! I just don't see it often or if I do I don't notice it when it does happen.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards