Chit Chat
Options

Makeup

13»

Re: Makeup

• Options

I'm looking for a good brand of makeup remover wipes, if anyone has a recommendation!

Okay, someone probably responded but when I saw your post I immediately thought Mary Kay. Their makeup remover is amazing! I think it may be just for the eyes but I have used it on other parts of my face (foundation from Mary Kay as well) and the makeup comes right off. I really like it and I recommend it. You might be able to get a hold of a free sample because that's how I got mine.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I suck at makeup but have a few things I love right now:

1. Clinique mascara primer. I love this stuff- it lasts forever!

2. Mary Kay black mascara. I'm not a big MK fan but a friend started selling it so I gave it a shot. I like the mascara. I was using that stuff in the pink/green container (Maybelline?) but this flakes less. It works well with the primer too.

3. L'Oreal True Match foundation. I have @larrygaga's complexion but it works.

4. I like the BB cream from Mac. I don't think it's any better than cheaper brands but the color is better. It works for me in the winter but I can go with cheaper options depending on the season.

5. I like the pencil larrygaga mentioned as well but don't love the texture. I just tried a new one from Boots at Target that I like. I've only used it twice though.

Try as I might, I can't figure out how to put on blush without looking like Iggy Stardust. I have a pretty Clinique one, a few things from Benefit, etc. but can't make them not look stupid.

Also, my cousin was getting me lots of free Clinique (and other Estee Lauder companies) products and I've used most of it up. It makes me sad.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I might have to try some of your "for ghost" foundation suggestions! I've been getting mine custom made for about 4 years now because everything turns me orange. But it means I calling the dermatologist every 6 months.

I love brushes and the IT Cosmetics kabuki style brushes are my favorite! There's about a gazzillion hairs and they feel amazing. 

I'm a lips when I'm going out person. MAC's Flat out Fabulous with Social Season Cremesheen Glass is my favorite look. It's essentially a pinky-plum with a hot pink overlay. And Laura Mercier stick gloss in Poppy is my other go-to.  

I have this problem with liners that primers haven't solved...I open my eyes...and it ends up on my brow bone. Doesn't happen with shadows, just liners. But if any one has any suggestions of liners or tricks I have 2 days off and an apartment to myself!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    This thread has inspired me to get all the pretty makeup and face products! I got BB porcelain, eye lotion, foundation brush, and a eye liner shaper. I also got a face mask, so the pampering will start tomorrow. 
  • Options
    bellaluna290bellaluna290 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    Late reply, but ashley8918, You can go into Sephora and they can skin match you for any of the brands that they carry. I have never really been able to find a color that worked for me, but they nailed it. You can ask for samples too.

Latest obessions: My beautyblender and Cruella from NARS.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Because I'm totally drunk on cold medicine (ok and maybe vodka) and don't have the energy to do anything but fuck around on TK right now, here is a photo from when I tested wedding make-up. Full-on BECCA foundation (forgot to put any on my neck but to me there's not that weird color difference) and it's full-coverage so that neon-red zit that was on my chin is invisible. Just to brag some more about my new I'm-in-love-with-it-cuz-I'm-super-pale-and-it's-so-hard-to-match-me foundation. Dd that even make sense?

ETA please ignore the fact that I had too much blush on. It's a work in progress.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards