Moms and Maids
Options

Yes another Bridesmaids' gifts question

First off I am planning on getting all of my BM something small and more personal as their official gift.  I want to also help them financially because several of them are young and have just started their first jobs out of college. I am torn between paying for part of their dresses or paying for hair and makeup. I know the dresses are definitely more important to have but I also thought paying for hair and makeup would mean that everyone could feel pampered on the day of the wedding and my younger maids would not feel left out if they could not afford it. As a BM which would you prefer?

Re: Yes another Bridesmaids' gifts question

• Options

This is going to be different for everyone, because everyone has different comfort/skill levels with hair and makeup.  Personally, I am comfortable doing my own to a wedding level, so I would more appreciate having my dress paid for.

I paid for my bridesmaids' dresses.  I also asked if anyone was interested in having their hair and makeup professionally done.  Some wanted both, some wanted one or the other, some wanted neither.  Whichever service people spoke up for, I paid.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • Options
    Why not just ask each girl separately?  Set an amount you are willing to pay and put that money towards hair/makeup or the dress depending on what each BM chooses.

• Options
    I say dresses. Some people may have their own hairstylist do them, and some may do it themselves. :)
  • Options
    Everyone's culture is different, my family has always covered expenses for bridal party. I am paying for two dress changes and mani & pedis. Bridesmaids will cover alterations, hair and makeup. I agree with everyone else, the dress is most important. Good luck!
    "If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything  until you get it".
  • Options
    MrsKrisia said:

Everyone's culture is different, my family has always covered expenses for bridal party. I am paying for two dress changes and mani & pedis. Bridesmaids will cover alterations, hair and makeup. I agree with everyone else, the dress is most important. Good luck!

Why two dress changes?  If you are mandating hair and makeup you must cover the cost for those as well.  BMs are only required to show up on time, in the dress, in good spirits, and sober. 

• Options
    @levioosa
    My fiance is Vietnamese and traditionally both bride and bridesmaids have dress changes. They wear traditional Vietnamese dress, Ao dai then bridesmaid's dress at reception. I am not requiring hair and makeup. If the bridesmaids want to do their own hair and makeup they can. I am just leaving it up to them on how they would like to wear their makeup and hair. I didn't realize it came off that way.

"If you really want something you don’t stop for anyone or anything  until you get it".
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards