Snarky Brides

Wow how ~*~edgy~*~ you are

hellohkbhellohkb mod
First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
edited March 2015 in Snarky Brides
I've been meaning to snark on this wedding for the longest time, but decided to do it now because Buzzfeed caught on to their wedding and did an article on it. I'm all for offbeat rock n roll weddings, but this just made me roll my eyes. All the underwear shots and "Vegas Cunts" sign were horrible. However, I will admit that I loved her dress and hair. And the tattoos were kinda cool. AND I'm kind of a sucker for Elvis officiated weddings.

And of course they're so speshul and important, they just had to have an anniversary photo shoot in which they laid around trying to pretend they don't care. This definitely confirms that they are indeed try-hards.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: Wow how ~*~edgy~*~ you are

• Holy hell, they took pictures for SIXTEEN HOURS?  They definitely are try-hards. 

• levioosa said:

Holy hell, they took pictures for SIXTEEN HOURS?  They definitely are try-hards. 

This. That's beyond extreme. They seem like AWs. I hated that I barely saw the bride's face because it was always covered by her hair and sunglasses. I liked her hair and the tattoos. I don't know what the point of the underwear shots was. And WTF with the Vegas Cunts sign?

• yogadevil said:

I always loved the saying "the louder the concert, the quieter it is backstage." I feel like this couple is trying so damn hard to prove they're edgy (16 hours of photography for an anniversary!?) But they're probably sitting around at home listening to Coldplay and watching paint dry....all the while instagramming how rock and roll they are.

I dig the Elvis though

ETA I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

Totally agree.
  • Holy try too hard Batman. Be yourselves, kiddos.
  • yogadevil said:

I always loved the saying "the louder the concert, the quieter it is backstage." I feel like this couple is trying so damn hard to prove they're edgy (16 hours of photography for an anniversary!?) But they're probably sitting around at home listening to Coldplay and watching paint dry....all the while instagramming how rock and roll they are.

I dig the Elvis though

ETA I can't brain today. I have the dumb.

I loled. They probably are!

• Looking at that, I also bet they are super boring IRL.

Anniversary
  • That was.... interesting? I'm in love with her dress though! 
  • redoryx said:

If that's not one of the most AW-ish things I've ever seen, I don't know what it is. Like, just the idea of hiring a photographer for a one year anniversary photo shoot that lasted 16 hours and then to be all "Oh we're totally doing a 2nd anniversary one, too." 

NOBODY CARES

Also, those names are about as hipster as hipster can be. I love them separate, but together it's just too much for me. Ainsley + Sebastien sounds like an indie band.
    That's the best part.. apparently over 300,000 people DO care!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I don't think I've ever see anyone put so much effort into looking like they don't care before. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • This amount of insecurity is just sad.

Anniversary

• Nothing says "wedding photoshoot" more than pissing on a fence.

• And the fact that he was Canadian sealed the deal... because nationality is SO important. idk these try-hards were almost too much for me to handle. This whole "Oh, he's cool enough for me," attitude that she projects is lame. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • redoryx said:

If that's not one of the most AW-ish things I've ever seen, I don't know what it is. Like, just the idea of hiring a photographer for a one year anniversary photo shoot that lasted 16 hours and then to be all "Oh we're totally doing a 2nd anniversary one, too." 

NOBODY CARES. 

Also, those names are about as hipster as hipster can be. I love them separate, but together it's just too much for me. Ainsley + Sebastien sounds like an indie band.
    Ha this was the very first thing I thought of when I read the website URL.  
    Married 9.12.15
  • welp.....
    I though it was dope... lol
  • What the crap nonsense. If it were just a photo shoot I don't think I'd have so much of an issue, but that is all just..yeah no.
  • This showed up on my Facebook feed and they are super annoying!! Agree with everyone above! I hope I never find myself sitting next to them on a transatlantic flight. 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • larrygaga said:

You do what you gotta do when you marry the lost fourth member of ZZtop

Story time:
    I met ZZ Top and they grabbed my butt.
    That is extremely disturbing that they did that O.O Unless you wanted it, then heyyyy girl heyyy!

• larrygaga said:

You do what you gotta do when you marry the lost fourth member of ZZtop

Story time:
    I met ZZ Top and they grabbed my butt.
    Awesome
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• mj8215 said:

This showed up on my Facebook feed and they are super annoying!! Agree with everyone above! I hope I never find myself sitting next to them on a transatlantic flight. 

Lucky for you, they'd probably only watch indie films on their iPad and refuse to talk to you because you weren't cool enough. 

The only time you'd hear them talk is when they were complaining about the snacks served and how the lighting isn't "working" for them.
    I'm guessing they're the type to lecture random strangers about
    intrastate conflict in sub-Saharan Africa and how badly the Ugandans
    need the ICC to catch and prosecute Joseph Kony. Then when you point out
    that the US has veto power in the ICC but is not subject to its laws,
    and is actively arming the brutal authoritarian government to battle
    Kony, you get greeted by a blank stare and change of subject.

Remember all those self-righteous d-bags who saw that stupid Invisible Children documentary and thought they were experts? I'm guessing many looked like this fine couple.

Anniversary

• edited June 2015
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards