Military Brides

Venue problem: dinner

Hey everyone! So I need some advice for our reception's dinner.

We're getting having our ceremony and reception in an old barn. Since it's completely made of wood, the owners have specified that we are not allowed to have an open flame inside.

That being said, how should we serve dinner? I wanted to have a BBQ buffet, but I'm worried the food will get cold between set-up and supper an hour later.

Any suggestions?

Answers

• Does the venue have a preferred list of caterers? Or even just a list of caterers that have worked there before? If this venue hosts weddings on a regular basis, they should be familiar with what goes into a reception. I would ask them how other couples have worked this out and see what their suggestions are.

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • lyndausvilyndausvi mod
    First Anniversary First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Can't you have a grill outside?  Then they can bring food onto tables inside.  You can use sternos to keep the food warm on a buffet table.

If there is electricity then you can use hot boxes to keep food warm.  

Here is a picture of sternos.

You can rent hot boxes from a rental place.  You just plug them in.  Or some also use sternos.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards