Registry and Gift Forum

Cheque with RSVP... Thank you card now?

So we sent out our wedding invitations for our May wedding and have received a few replies so far. In the reply envelope from my Mom's cousin was also a cheque for $200. 
She is coming to the wedding (and I believe a shower in early April) so I am not really sure why she sent the monetary gift with her reply. 
Do I cash the cheque now and send a thank you? 

Do I send another Thank you card after the wedding to thank her for attending? 

Any input would be greatly appreciated. Just want to make sure I'm doing the "right" thing :)

Re: Cheque with RSVP... Thank you card now?

• Yes, cash the check now and write her a thank you card.  Just don't spend the money until after you are married.

Unless she gives you another gift at your wedding then you do not need to write her a thank you note for just attending.  You will have already thanked her for that at your reception.

• Yes, you always write a thank you card as soon as you get the gift. You'll likely get a lot of gifts in the last few weeks before the wedding.

Cash the check now, but don't spend the money until after the wedding.
  • Yes. Write TY notes as soon as you receive gifts. 
    *********************************************************************************

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    For check gifts, I wrote a thank you card and sent it out a few days before cashing the check.

I didn't want the person thinking I took their money with no awknowledgement.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards