Wedding Party

MOH gift idea

My MOH mentioned once that she wanted T25 but it was really expensive. I'm tempted to get it for her as her thank you gift but would it be weird to get someone an exercise program? If it were me I'd love it but I'm curious about other opinions. Thanks!

Re: MOH gift idea

• Its a little out of the ordinary.

Are you sure she wont be offended by this gift? Like you are suggesting that she needs to loose weight?

But if she has asked for it, I think you are okay.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • KatWAG said:

Its a little out of the ordinary.

Are you sure she wont be offended by this gift? Like you are suggesting that she needs to loose weight?

But if she has asked for it, I think you are okay.

Yeah that's what I was wondering. She did talk for a while about how she wanted it. She is really laid back but I could see her saying something like, "oh good I need to lose weight". And I would feel awkward because that isn't why I'm getting her the gift, I'm getting it because I KNOW it's something she wants. I was just curious I have a while to think about it.
  • If it's something she said she wants and you know she won't take it the wrong way, you should be ok. 

I told FI I wanted a gym membership for Christmas. It wasn't something i felt like spending money on, but I really would've liked to get it as a gift and I genuinely wanted it. He ended up not getting it for me cuz he had more personal gifts in mind. No big deal. If he had gotten it for me, though, I would have been really excited and appreciative cuz it's something I said I wanted. 

If I gained a bit of weight and he gave me a gym membership out of the blue, I might take that the wrong way. 
  • I would mention it again before buying it to see if it was still something she was interested in, since for some people getting on a diet/working out is a short lived idea sometimes (like I don't need to eat that chocolate cake, but I WANT IT). Maybe mention that you saw a commercial for it and ask her if she ever got around to getting it, since you heard her talk about it before? That way, if shes over it you'll know and won't be getting her a maybe risky gift, you'll know her current feelings about it. 
    FWIW I've done T25, best program they have. I'm currently doing their 21 day fix which I also love for different reasons, but your friend picked a great program!
  • Eh…I'd personally stay away from giving a workout program as a bridesmaid gift, and I would rather not receive one as a gift. This is coming from someone who is a workout nut--I've done T25. Not only is it expensive (prepare to drop about $150 on it), but you may be able to find other gift options that she'd enjoy more.

That is just my opinion, though. If you feel she *really* wants it, then go for it. 
                                     Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards