Chit Chat

What are YOU procrastinating right now?

I've got work that's built up and needs to get done by Monday at 3:30... 

It can wait till Sunday. FI is coming into town and we're going to get some sushi. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: What are YOU procrastinating right now?

• Uh, all of work. No motivation today. Tra-la-la...

• I need to put together a training plan for my team....

Yeah, no.

The Knot and eating sweet-tarts is much higher priority at the moment.
  • paper due friday at noon. 

i did write the intro though. So there's that? I keep telling myself that I need to write one more section before giving up for the day b/c i really only have thursday to finish it, buuuut.... maybe I'll eat some more cake (even though that's all I ate for breakfast.... mmmmm cake)
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • I need to finish a project for work that requires reading line by line through an Excel document - all 200+ pages of it. I'm procrastinating hardcore on that right now.
  • Work. Knowing I'll be putting my notice in next month makes it hard to give a damn, but wanting to keep working until mid-June means I need to get over this procrastination.

• Oddly enough, nothing. I'm in the slow part of the production cycle so I'm stretching my work out so I don't sit all day with nothing to do.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• I have less than 500 words left to reach my daily word count goal. Even if there's some kind of crisis I have to suddenly handle, I could still probably knock it out before I leave for the day.

Instead, I'm drooling over the menu for a potential rehearsal dinner restaurant.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Furniture tetris. Comic story boarding

Anniversary
  • I'm getting paid to procrastinate. Work is so slow, I'm trying to spread things out.

• Doctor. I always wait until there's no other options left. I cut my armpit while shaving over a month ago and it hasn't healed and got worse and bigger. No matter what I try it wont go away! So seeing this made me realize I need to just call the doctor! I booked a physical first and they said my last one was in 2008.... oops!

Anniversary
  • finishing wedding plans

work

finishing unpacking from moving 9 months ago

• Doctor. I always wait until there's no other options left. I cut my armpit while shaving over a month ago and it hasn't healed and got worse and bigger. No matter what I try it wont go away! So seeing this made me realize I need to just call the doctor! I booked a physical first and they said my last one was in 2008.... oops!

I'm the same way. I'm an odd duck in that I'm constantly calling my mother to see if X or Y symptom means I'm gonna die, but I won't actually see a doctor until things get horrible. I once got a bug bite that I assumed would heal on its own, and I didn't go see a doctor until it was so big you could see it through my pants.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I'm procrastinating going home. . . how lame is that!  I'm so addicted to TK I'm drinking tea and scrolling through the boards ><

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• Expenses. I hate doing them but it needs to get done.
  • KatieinBkln started that puppy gif thread. Now I'm in a beautiful, black hole of puppy gifs. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Homework.  Lots of it.  I just have to take one more class after this semester and then I graduate!  But in the meantime, I've got major senior-itis.  Could also be doing productive wedding planning, or laundry for that matter.  Instead, I've spent most of my day trying to track down the one dress I REALLY want to try on.  Of course, it's being discontinued and the closest one appears to be 2 states away.  Boo.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Cleaning at home. Admittedly, we've lost control of our lives lately and my boys (DH and The Kid) have been useless lumps when it comes to getting things done lately.  A close friend is staying with us in 2 weeks and we need to get a handle on things. There isn't a huge issue of filth but the clutter is killing me.

My goal has been to clean a different room every night but there's always tomorrow...
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Work, in general.
  • Cleaning/staging my house to get it ready to sell. Its so much easier to just chill on the couch. But I must do it sometime
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Getting off my ass to help get the final things ready for tomorrow's home inspection. Eating something besides a cupcake and jelly beans for dinner. Laundry. Packing.

• I pretty much got no actual work done at work today- I've been putting off writing a performance review for one of my staff. Work time is pretty much my "get wedding shit done" time. I feel guilty.

I'm also procrastinating about FI's 30th which is in 2 weeks and I have nothing done, no gift, nothing. I'm so awful :(

• I should be studying for my calculus midterm but I'm sleepy/lazy. I know most of it...
  • Everything. Actually, I'm pretty proud of myself because I made a bunch of phone calls to pay a bunch of bills I'd been putting off forever. 

But the homework and studying has not been getting done. In my defense, it's spring break, but it still needs done. 
  • Homework. Blaaaah.
  • Exercising, packing (I leave for NC tomorrow!), and showering/doing my hair.

I'd MUCH rather go on Pinterest and look for good cake recipes for FHs birthday next week.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Bed.  I should have been asleep 20 mins ago, but it's just so much effort to go brush my teeth.  Gonna be tired tomorrow.  

• TTC. I am sick and feeling terrible. I may do it anyway, but it will be as enjoyable as a trip to the dentist.
  • Getting off my ass to help get the final things ready for tomorrow's home inspection. Eating something besides a cupcake and jelly beans for dinner. Laundry. Packing.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with this dinner.
  • Well, I'm at work, so... yeah.

I found out yesterday that my surgery has been scheduled for March 30th, which means that I get back from my week of training next week and go for surgery - which means that my two days of work I was scheduled for that week before holidays are now going to be booked off sick... which means that tomorrow night is my last night of (actual) work until the middle of April.

So I should be doing stuff and things and working down files and sending tasks to coworkers for favours while I'm gone and writing a search warrant... but instead, I Knot.

**The OMH formerly known as jsangel1018**
  • I've bee procrastinating packing for my NOLA trip and now I have to leave my apt at 4:30 am and won't be home until 10 tonight so that's fun.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards