Not Engaged Yet

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful for coffee.

I'm thankful for my husband. We started dating for 8 years ago in June and I still get flutters when I look at him. I hope that never goes away.

I'm thankful for my friends that I'll be with this weekend and for getting to celebrate @GoldenPenguin getting married!!!!!

H and I dropped all of our documents off with the CPA last night. He said he'll see what he can do but likely, it's because the tax brackets were reconfigured and we got bumped up to a new tax bracket due to H's raises last year. We'll know more next week.

Tonight I'm finally making ST shepherd's pie for dinner. I'll be gone all weekend and this way H will have leftovers while I'm away.

We finished The Jinx last night! So, so creepy.

Re: Thankful Thursday

• @swazzle fingers crossed everything works out with your taxes, it would SUCK to owe money. I love shepherd's pie but I don't think I've made the ST version (or I did a long time ago).

I'm just thankful it's almost Friday and the weekend.

I'm thankful I have coffee too, I stayed up late last night.

Last night I had my WW meeting, I was only down .2 lb but I'll take it. Monday I'm going to start working out again and stick with it. I haven't been drinking a lot of water either so that's probably not helping. When I got home I was starving and I had leftovers for dinner then watched Empire.

Today I just have work, then I need to buy shoes for @goldenpenguin's bridal shower. I also have to clean the house in preparation of @swazzle and @hummingbird125 coming over. I'm making skillet lasagna tonight which I"m excited for.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @swazzle - Isn't it an awesome thing to look at your husband and get those butterflies? The same thing happened to me Tuesday after work... I love him more today than I did the day we got married! (Also, we'll be together 7 years in June... anniversary twins!)

==========

I'm thankful that when my dogs knocked me down yesterday, they only sprained my ankle, not broke it like I initially thought.

I'm thankful that I have a PT appointment today to 1) get my hamstring back up and running and 2) maybe get an ace bandage for my ankle ;)

I'm thankful for friends and wine. One or the other makes any day a little bit better. Both together? Heaven.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• Today turned into a bit of a sad day for our family. It looks like we may have to put our family dog Cheyanne down. She developed Lymphoma and it has progressively gotten worse. My parents made the decision this morning. Even though we only got to spend a short time with Cheyanne I've truly come to love her. She is definitely one of the weirdest dogs I've ever met but definitely one of the sweetest. I'm going to miss her so much.
  • @buddysmom80 - Can't wait to see your face! Mouth kissesssssss

@cu97tiger - It's such a great feeling. We were sitting on the couch last night and I just looked over at him and melted a bit. I'm so glad you didn't break it!

@southernpeach89 - I'm so sorry to hear that about Cheyanne :( Sending you guys big hugs today <3

• @southernpeach89 - I'm so very sorry to hear that. Sending Cheyanne all my prayers right now.

• HAPPY FRIDAY EVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am first and foremost thankful that FI has a phone interview scheduled for tomorrow!!! The start-up he currently works for has been through so many ups and downs, and things are not looking good right now. I've been stressed out every day for the past few weeks worried that he won't have a job by the end of the month. I'm still stressed about it, but at least now we know that his resume is getting noticed! Who knows if this will turn into anything, but it's a step in the right direction and I know it will help keep him motivated in applying to new positions.

I am also super SUPER thankful for what an amazing partner FI is to me. I tend to over-think and over-stress about every little thing. A few days ago, I got really upset about the uncertainty with FI's job and I told him how stressed out I was. He told me "Let me worry about this one, ok?" and it instantly made me feel better. I'm a control freak, and still have the mindset that if *I* don't worry about/fix/plan/do something - no one else will. It still surprises me to realize that I don't have to worry enough for the both of us. I can (and should) just be supportive and trust that FI will do everything he can to make sure we're okay. I seriously love that man. 

I'm thankful that I get to spend this weekend with some of my favorite people in the WORLD celebrating @GoldenPenguin !!! I can't wait to see her open all of her gifts, and I REALLY can't wait to party with her, @Swazzle, @Csousa1, and @Buddysmom80, plus all of @GoldenPenguin's "other" friends (what? we aren't enough for you??!!)

I'm thankful that my meticulous meal-tracking, and pretty regular exercise has resulted in me just being 1.2lbs from the goal weight I set right after I got engaged. I can be super critical of myself, but I am really proud of actually accomplishing what I set out to do. 

I'm thankful for my little sisters. Both of them have recently ended long-term relationships and I know it took a lot of strength for them to do that. One of them was with a guy who did not treat her right, and it was really hard for her to break away from him once and for all. Now she's going away to her dream grad school in the fall and I couldn't be more proud. The other left a 5 and a half year relationship because while it was good, it just wasn't "great", and she's smart enough to know she deserves more than that. They are both smart, kind, funny, strong, and inspiring people, and I love how close we all have become.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I am thankful for my FI and his wonderful family. I <3 them.

I am thankful that I didn't hit any traffic today since I had to drive to work.

And I'm thankful that I'm generally an organized person who is staying on top of thank you notes. Unlike my co-worker, who said it took her a YEAR to send thank yous after her wedding!

-----------------------------------

So I went and got my hair done last night...and I don't like it. I thought I asked to stay darker and wanted the highlights to look fairly natural. This does not look natural. There's way too much contrast, and it just doesn't feel right. 

The girl could tell I wasn't feeling super happy about it and said they'll fix it if I'm not happy. I said I would sleep on it, and I think I'm going to call them and try to swing by tomorrow after work to get the highlights toned down. It just feels too bright :(

On the plus side, I got a couple RSVPs from friends at work yesterday, and my mom said a bunch came in the mail. I'm going over to my parents' tonight so I'll get to pick those up! And a couple of gifts arrived for us as well. Fun!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh no @southernpeach89 I'm so sorry to hear about Cheyanne! Sending you guys so many hugs today.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @SouthernPeach89 - Oh no, I'm so so so sorry about Chey. Hugs <3
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @southernpeach89 - I'm so sorry, lots of huge for you guys and Chey

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @Southernpeach89 - So sorry to hear about Cheyanne. Sending lots of T&P your family's way today.

@Imcooper86 - I actually like your hair! I completely agree through, if you are unhappy you should get it fixed. Nothing worse than feeling less than your best...especially when you pay so much to have it done.

I am thankful my mom is coming to visit in about 1.5 weeks! I miss her so much and I can hardly wait to see her.

I am thankful to have such a supportive and loving husband. He has been a wonderful partner through all of our happy and sad times...and I cannot imagine sharing my life with anyone else.

I'm thankful to have had a healthy and fairly easy pregnancy. I feel truly blessed to get to be a mom.

I'm thankful for wonderful friendships. Some days I just need to talk, and it's so nice to have a great network of women who are always there to listen and support each other.

• @southernpeach89 - I'm so sorry about Cheyenne.  Lots of hugs and puppy kisses from Bax and Bella.

I'm thankful my boss sent me home early yesterday.  I crashed and slept for a couple hours and feel a little better today.

I'm thankful that I made a ton of freezer meals for after surgery.  They have been a lifesaver!!

I'm thankful we paid off our student loans and my deductible this week and that we are debt-free, except for the mortgage! 
  • @Swazzle - Hopefully the CPA can make your taxes work and find deductions and stuff you didn't see.  Don't be stingy with the salt/pepper on the shepherd's pie... I was and had to add extra after the fact.

@Buddysmom80- congrats on the weight loss.

@cu97tiger - Hoe your ankle feels better!!

@southernpeach89 - Sorry for the news :( our pets really become part of our family and they are missed so much when they are no longer with us.

@Hummingbird125 - Hope your FI's interview goes well!!

@Imcooper86 - Hope they get your hair fixed!

-----

Hi Ladies!

Have any of you seen Potted Potter?  I was thinking about getting tickets but not sure if it's geared toward a younger crowd or if it's worth it (reviews are a little mixed).

Today I'm thankful for H - he always tries to help out (even when he makes a mess of thing).

I'm hoping I'm going to be thankful for my flexible job if they let me go home a little early.  I have enough hours in this week to leave an hour or two early - I just have so much stuff I need to get done I feel exhausted just thinking about it!

Anniversary
  • Good morning ladies!

@swazzle Hopefully the CPA can help you guys. I hate taxes!

@southernpeach89 & @labro I'm so sorry about Chey <3

@goldenpenguin You must be so excited for this weekend! I'm so happy for you!

I have had a wicked sinus infection all week. I think I have become immune to the medication or something. I'm looking forward to the weekend though. FI should be getting his truck back either today or tomorrow. It stinks that it's going to cost $1400, but it needs to be done. On Saturday I plan on designing our guestbook and cashing in on my groupon for a photo canvas. On Sunday we will have our tasting! I'm so excited to eat all of the food!!!! I also got 2 wedding gifts this past week. Super early, but I think they just wanted to buy these specific items before anyone else could. I got a silver kitchenaid artisan mixer and all of my dinnerware from crate and barrel. I don't know if I should keep the dinnerware in the 3 boxes it came in or open them and stack the dinnerware in smaller boxes in a safe place. The crate and barrel boxes are just ginormous and taking up too much room in my dining room. 
  • @labro and @sourthernpeach89, I'm so sorry about Cheyanne. Big hugs.

I'm thankful for my FI, who shares my sense of humor and tolerates my hobbies (read: obsessions).

I'm thankful for Ellie-cat, who has finally remembered who Mom is (she had a brief, torrid affair with FI - the cat was seriously head-over-heels in love with him, looked longingly when he left, wound around his ankles, and walked around me out of arm's reach). She snuggled down with me under the covers last night. As a side note, I'm thankful FI tolerates this, probably because she's shedding on my side of the bed anyway.
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

It's hard to feel thankful today because of Chey. But I did think of some things.

I'm thankful that my parents are able to tell that Chey is really ready to go and they aren't prolonging her suffering any more than they have to.

I'm thankful for Cheyanne. She has the weirdest personality quirks of any dog I've ever met. She had a great big golden grin, and she loved everyone so much. She gave all of herself constantly to anyone as long as you'd give a little love back to her.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

@lmcooper86 I actually really love your hair color. Give it a day or two to blend a bit and see what you think then. My highlights always seem crazy bright and obvious when I first get them. I agree if you still aren't happy though that the salon should fix it for you.

@cu97tiger I hope your ankle is feeling better today!

@CocoBellaF Congrats on paying off all your debt (I don't count our mortgage lol)

@Swazzle I'm keeping my fingers crossed your CPA can do some magic with your tax burden.

• @labro sending you so many hugs too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • @lmcooper86 - I am also on the "I think your hair is pretty" bandwagon.  :)  But it's your hair, so if you aren't happy with it, have them fix it!
  • @Swazzle BF and I have been together for 5.5 years and I still get butterflies too! It's nice :smile:
    @southernpeach89 and @labro sorry about your family dog, I definitely know what that is like.

I am thankful I have such great customers. One who is a mechanic is going with me to look at a car tomorrow and hopefully it's the one! I just called him up and asked and he said he would be happy to help and I am very grateful :smiley:

I am also thankful my coworkers haven't strangled me yet today because I got it in my head to just talk about ghosts all day and it's hilarious to me and fun for customers but at least one of my coworkers wants me to talk about something else already lol

And I am also thankful that BF and I can talk about engagement and marriage and joke about it without it being weird or pressure-y. We are slowly getting closer to an agreement on our timeline and it's just nice that we feel comfortable talking about it with each other.
  • @labro & @southernpeach89 - *big hugs* I'm so sorry to hear about your dog ladies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm thankful that it's raining today! I love the rain so it puts me in a good mood.

I'm thankful it's slow at work today.

I'm thankful I'm getting a pretty good sized tax return this year!

I'm thankful that my moving date is less than a month away! I'm so excited for my new apartment and I'm thinking of using some of my tax return to splurge on some new furniture I've had my eye on once I move.

• @CocoBellaF - Congrats on being debt free! That's fantastic! But please slow down and take care of yourself okay? Health before work!

@KeptInStitches - Oh man...FI tolerates my cat because he loves me, but HATES the shedding on the bed. I've never cared about letting him sleep on my bed, but when FI stays over Gambit decides that instead of curling up at the foot of the bed he should climb up and snuggle in between us. I think it's hilarious, but FI is counting down to us having our house and a bedroom door to keep the cat out at night (I have a studio apartment, so we can't keep him out).

@labro - Sending separate hugs to you, I'm sorry :(

@ everyone re: hair - I don't hate it, it just isn't what I was going for. It's frustrating because this is something that I would have done a year ago, or might do a few months after the wedding, but I don't think I want this much contrast right now. They said it would be really quick to tone the highlights down, that I could just call ahead and swing by without actually making an appointment. I can't go tonight anyways, so I'll see how I feel about it tomorrow.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• AlPacinaAlPacina member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

@Hummingbird125 - I'm sending your FI "good luck on the interview" vibes! Also, that is great news about your sisters! My sister stayed with a terrible guy for 10 years, and we were all so proud of her when she finally found the strength to kick him out.

@CocoBellaF - That is so awesome, being debt free!

@Dignity100 - I have not even heard of Potted Potter! Let me k if you go see it, and what it's like.

@southernpeach89 and @labro - I'm so so sorry to hear about the pup. Sending you guys lots of virtual hugs today.

@Swazzle - Did you finish season 3 of House of Cards yet? I really want to talk to someone about it! No one seems to be finishing it!

-----------------------------------------------------

I'm thankful that this final season of Glee is much better than the last two. I know only one person on here has mentioned they watch it (I think @cu97tiger maybe?), but they've toned down the "over the top", and I'm glad I can finally enjoy it again right before it finishes.

I'm thankful that there are still a few good songs popping up on the radio every once in a while. It seems to be becoming fewer and fewer that I actually enjoy, but Sia's Chandelier is pretty awesome to listen to.

• @alpacina - Yep, that's me! I have enjoyed this season, more, too. 

• @southernpeach89 @labro So sorry to hear about Cheyanne but it is good to know she's not suffering. My aunt had to put her kitty down this week too and I was so sad, I loved her but it was definitely her time to go.

@hummingbird125 sending good interview vibes for your FI!

@swazzle I really hope that tax payment is wrong- I would cry if I owed that much :(

I am so thankful for my mom, she has always been my go to person for advice and I've been calling her constantly whenever I'm stressed out with wedding stuff or just need to vent. I honestly don't know what I'd do without her.

• @southernpeach89 and @labro - I'm so so sorry to hear about Chey. They really are a part of the family and it's so heartbreaking when you have to put them down. When my parents had to put one of our cocker spaniels, Molly, down in Dec 2013 I was so broken. I was also still in NY and while they were going to wait for me to come home, they couldn't hold out because she was in so much pain and they put her down two days before i went home. I still get teary eyed when i see cockers that look like her on the street. You just have to focus on the good times you had with her and realize that she won't be in pain anymore.  Sending you both lots of love and hugs!

--------------------------

Today I'm thankful for FI for putting up with me when I'm at my worst. I've been seriously PMSing this week and the prozac isn't helping much to alleviate the PMDD symptoms (it normally works well, but I think not sleeping and all the excitement of the engagement has thrown me off). We had a massive blowup yesterday because I melted down over the the wedding budget, which he didn't even realize up until then I had been so concerned about. But between my therapist calming me down yesterday evening, FI and I having a tough heart-to-heart last night before bed, and having taken the medication my shrink prescribed to help me sleep, I feel like a new person today.

However, I'm NOT thankful for Mother Nature!!! 3-5 inches of snow tomorrow in NYC!! AGH!!
  • @nycgal85 - I'm sorry you had a WR-meltdown yesterday. I think I had two, both relating to the guest list (and thus, budget), and they are not fun. Try to be as open as possible with your budget concerns because I think a lot of men believe that their fiance WANTS to handle all of the planning/budgeting/decisions/etc., when we would really love as much help and input as possible.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @nycgal85 Ugh, figuring out the wedding budget is one of the most stressful (if not the most stressful!) parts of wedding planning. I'm sorry it's causing you so much stress! :( I'm glad you guys talked it out, and hopefully from here on out you'll work together on all aspects of planning. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards