Chit Chat
Options

Hey, newbies! Come over here!

Seems like we haven't had an introduction thread in quite a while and I keep noticing some new names around here. 

New posters and lurkers who haven't stepped out yet, introduce yourselves! And welcome! 

Here are some very important questions: 

1) What is your favorite type of cheese?
2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? 
3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?
4) When is your wedding? 
5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? 
6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? 

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

Re: Hey, newbies! Come over here!

• Options

I've been around since some time at the end of last year but never did an intro so I will play along:

1) What is your favorite type of cheese?  Pepperjack on a sandwich or those little cubes at parties
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? I never put it on anything but if the restaurant wants to I won't object
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? It changes.  Sometimes I just want beer, other times what we refer to as island juice (something fruity like oj/pinnapple juice with rum - so basically what I made in college a lot). Don't drink much straight, I don't want to taste it
    4) When is your wedding?  5/29/15
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you?  Got to work early so I can leave early; It's bugging me that I still have to be here another 4 hours, just not feeling it today
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? I would be impressed, mostly because almost my entire shoe collection is under the bed, and while its a king size bed I don't think there is any room for him. If he did get stuck, I'd laugh, take pictures, and probably go in the other room and see if he can get himself out.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Okay, I'll step out of the shadows. I've been lurking for quite some time, but I realized it felt kinda weird to know stuff about you regs without you knowing anything about me. So I guess this is my attempt to remedy my internal awkwardness!

ALL THE CHEESE. Except bleu, makes me want to gag. But if I had to choose one, it would be a Fromager d'Affinois with garlic and herbs.

Eh, don't feel strongly either way. But I don't keep any in my fridge, so maybe that says something? I'm much more passionate about my mustards.

Scotch. Neat. Preferably Ardbeg or Laphroaig.

4) When is your wedding? 

September 20, 2015. Six months to go and I'm way behind.

Uhh, work is pretty quiet so far, so that's good. But my future ILs are visiting and meeting my parents for the first time this weekend so...yeah.

Laugh. Maybe help. But mostly laugh.

JK, sounds delish!

• Options
    Ha! It's amazing. My venue is letting me bring in a wheel for the fruit, cheese, cracker/bread table during our cocktail hour.
  • Options

Ha! It's amazing. My venue is letting me bring in a wheel for the fruit, cheese, cracker/bread table during our cocktail hour.

What is it? I have never hear of this kind of cheese. Is it creamy? Hard and you shred it or slice it? Salty? I'm so curious. I LOVE cheese (which sucks for my poor lactose intolerant stomach).

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Not new to TK, but major lurker on Chit Chat. I always feel weird posting since I'm basically a stranger here. I said that months ago and then kept being a lurker.

Anyways:

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? All the cheese! But mostly feta and goat cheese.
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? An excellent addition to sandwiches and burgers.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Wine and ceasars
    4) When is your wedding?  May 9, 2015!
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: It's Friday (duh) and I got 17 RSVPs this week. Bugging me: my FI's best friend will not commit to a time to leave for a concert tonight and it's making me crazy.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? I would ask him how the hell he got there, laugh, ask him to check for any undiscovered cat barf and/or cat toys, and then see how long it takes him to get out on his own.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    It's like a brie, but richer? And the garlic and herbs are in the soft rind so those flavors are subtle.
  • Options
    Casadena said:

So, I don't'know that I would call myself "new" but I don't post often, mostly lurk, and have never done one of these intro threads!

1) What is your favorite type of cheese?  Anything at the store that says "cheese" on the label.  
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Gross on it's own, ok in sauce mixes (ranch, spicy, magical fry sauce at burger places)
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? At home: wine  Out: champagne cocktails
    4) When is your wedding? Already married (I used the Knot for a wedding website but didn't find my way to the forums until about a week before the wedding....have been "lurking" for the last few months)
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well:  My apt is super clean and my parents are coming to visit this weekend  Bugging me: I recently got laid off and have applied for approximately a million jobs in the last 6 weeks but have only heard back from one about an interview.  
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Get him out and then discuss getting one of those "guards" like they have in hotels so NOTHING can get stuck under the bed.  
    I feel you on the bolded.
  • Options
    Well I'm not brand spankin' new, but I want to play!
     1. Pretty much any cheese ever.  But if I have to choose, havarti with dill.
     2. LOVE mayonnaise.  It's unhealthy (both physically and mentally).  I order Jimmy John's with extra mayo.
     3. I actually really love all alcohol too.  My go-to is usually wine or a bourbon old-fashioned.
     4. Friday the 13th!  November, 2015.
     5. Today is Friday and the first day of spring, so that is wonderful, but I have a cold and I have to go to work later, boo.
     6. Check to make sure he's okay, laugh, take a picture, help him out.  (Possibly laugh first, unless there was blood.)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    twoleighs said:

I'm not fresh off the boat new, but I've only been here since Christmas.  

Mild cheddar.  Boring.
    Couldn't live without it.  It belongs on/in everything.
    Wine.  And more wine.
    4) When is your wedding? 
    May 8th, 2015
    Going well is FI comes back from LV today! For a "business trip".  ;) I got my invitations printed and they look beautiful!  Sending them out tomorrow.  :)
    Bugging: It's raining.  I want to be at home snuggling my cat drinking hot cocoa.  
    1. Make sure he's not dying. 2. Probably laugh.  3. Then help him out. 
    Your wedding is the weekend after mine! 

kvruns, yay! Another May bride! 
  • Options
    Not new, but I feel like a stranger still because I don't post that often (only really on Bachelor posts, haha!)

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Brie, parmesan, old white cheddar, marscapone
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? It's okay on sandwiches sometimes...
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? glass of Riesling or gin and tonic
    4) When is your wedding? N/A
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: It's Friday! And I've gone to the gym every day this week, woo! Bugging me: I woke up late today and didn't have time to wash my hair and now I feel like everyone notices..
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Make sure he's okay, then take a few pics. Maybe help him.

Formerly martha1818

• Options
    Ummm cheese... I think that says it all.

It's growing on me... Haven't always liked it.

Red wine, Cognac, Tito's vodka and soda.... Well, ok anything with alcohol 

4) When is your wedding? 
    July 5, 2015

5) What's going well today and
     what's bugging you? 

It's Friday!!!

My FI is home and not feeling well after a minor medical procedure..  Feeling sad that he is still in pain.

Write a song about it and sing it as often as possible...  Maybe help him out eventually. 

• Options

twoleighs said:

I'm not fresh off the boat new, but I've only been here since Christmas.  

Mild cheddar.  Boring.
    Couldn't live without it.  It belongs on/in everything.
    Wine.  And more wine.
    4) When is your wedding? 
    May 8th, 2015
    Going well is FI comes back from LV today! For a "business trip".  ;) I got my invitations printed and they look beautiful!  Sending them out tomorrow.  :)
    Bugging: It's raining.  I want to be at home snuggling my cat drinking hot cocoa.  
    1. Make sure he's not dying. 2. Probably laugh.  3. Then help him out. 
    Your wedding is the weekend after mine! 

kvruns, yay! Another May bride! 
    YAY!! Congratulations!  We're almost there! :D
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

• Options

4) When is your wedding? 
    July 5, 2015

what's bugging you? 

It's Friday!!!

My FI is home and not feeling well after a minor medical procedure..  Feeling sad that he is still in pain.

Write a song about it and sing it as often as possible...  Maybe help him out eventually. 
    I hope your FI feels better fast. And I love your answer to him getting stuck under the bed! haha 
  • Options
    I'm not really new, but I mostly just lurk!

I just love cheese (except feta). Top three would be (in no particular order): brie, chevre, and sharp cheddar

Not a fan. 

Hard to pick, because I do enjoy beer, wine, and cocktails. But a gin & tonic is always good.

4) When is your wedding? 
    May 9th, 2015! getting close now
    I get to drive up and see my fiance today! He's in school 3 hours away. 
    I really need an ingredient to start a new project and our production staff is dragging their feet on bringing it to me

I'd be pretty surprised, he's quite thin. Probably laugh and then help him. Our dog did manage to get stuck under the bed last weekend in the middle of the night and he had to pull her out!
  • Options

4) When is your wedding? 
    July 5, 2015

what's bugging you? 

It's Friday!!!

I hope your FI feels better fast. And I love your answer to him getting stuck under the bed! haha 
    Thanks I appreciate the well wishes!  I have a musical montage that runs trough my brain on a regular basis...  Every once in a while I burst out into song lol.

• Options

It makes me laugh sometimes to see the people who think they're newbs or don't post a lot. I see you all the time! Surely that means that *I* spend too much time here, but still. Give yourselves some credit. We know who you are.

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I need to get a life, maybe? I need to get a life.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Options

It makes me laugh sometimes to see the people who think they're newbs or don't post a lot. I see you all the time! Surely that means that *I* spend too much time here, but still. Give yourselves some credit. We know who you are.

I was just thinking the exact same thing.

I need to get a life, maybe? I need to get a life.
    lol put me on the list of people who spend too much time on TK. Whatev. 
  • Options

I'll play!

Probably fresh mozzarella, brie, or maybe even cream cheese (that last one is kind of a random choice).
    I guess I'm pretty neutral on it.  I could take it or leave it.  Unless you meant Patti Mayonnaise, in which case, I am all of for her, because Doug was one of my favorite shows growing up.
    I love rum just about any way, but my favorite way to drink it is in a mojitio.
    4) When is your wedding? 
    June 20th!
    Just about everything about my workplace bugs me right now, but I gave them my notice two days ago, so that is cheering me up. 
    I'd probably stand there in shock with my mouth hanging open.  My daughter refers to him as our "fixist," so I rely on him to solve problems like this. 
  • Options
    4forluck said:

I'll play!

Probably fresh mozzarella, brie, or maybe even cream cheese (that last one is kind of a random choice).
    I guess I'm pretty neutral on it.  I could take it or leave it.  Unless you meant Patti Mayonnaise, in which case, I am all of for her, because Doug was one of my favorite shows growing up.
    I love rum just about any way, but my favorite way to drink it is in a mojitio.
    4) When is your wedding? 
    June 20th!
    Just about everything about my workplace bugs me right now, but I gave them my notice two days ago, so that is cheering me up. 
    I'd probably stand there in shock with my mouth hanging open.  My daughter refers to him as our "fixist," so I rely on him to solve problems like this. 
    YAS mojitos!!! I grow a huge mint plant in my yard every year for this exact purpose. And also bust out the super big cup. mmmm mojitos. 
  • Options

I counted like four or five answers from people who I wouldn't consider new *coughmagicinkcough*
  • Options
    arrippa said:

I counted like four or five answers from people who I wouldn't consider new *coughmagicinkcough*
    magicink is new... relative to like the beginning of time ;) 
  • Options
    edited March 2015

I'm "newish", December I think?  Combination Lurker/Commenter.  Thank you for the opportunity to introduce myself!

Gun to my head, Blue but I celebrate diversity when it comes to cheese.

Yuck.

Red Wine, with Bourbon a close second.  Again, *refer to cheese line, I do not discriminate and have gotten tossed plenty of times on cheap free airline/hotel wine. 

4) When is your wedding? 

May 30, 2015

Going well: First day feeling really well after confirmed Influenza virus, and closed a huge deal at work.  
    Bugging Me: A client who is insisting on making the easiest process incredibly difficult and time consuming (actually 2 clients doing the exact same thing)  AND booking an international work trip 3 weeks before wedding.  

I would immediately consult @magicink, would tweet about it, start a thread on here but in a bizarre plot twist would turn it into justification for a PPD (if I couldn't get him out in time to get his suit), then I would DD my OP and all the comments & throw up the Bat Signal.  

Happy Weekend, Y'all!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards