Wedding Invitations & Paper

Return address on invites?

What's the standard for this? The last wedding invite I received didn't have one at all, but that concerns me if one needs returned?

I am addressing and mailing the invitations from my address in Arizona. The RSVP cards are being sent to my parents in Ohio (they are hosting the wedding). No inner envelope, just invitation and the rsvp card and little addressed envelope for that.

Do I put my return address, my parents, or none on the main envelope?

Re: Return address on invites?

• Since you are dealing with the invites and will presumably have extra envelopes and invites at your home, then use your address for the return.  For my invitations I put the return address on the back flap, but you could always put the return address in its typical spot on the front in the upper left corner.

• haleyk620haleyk620 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Anniversary
    edited March 2015

Since you are dealing with the invites and will presumably have extra envelopes and invites at your home, then use your address for the return.  For my invitations I put the return address on the back flap, but you could always put the return address in its typical spot on the front in the upper left corner.

I also put the return address on the back flap when addressing my invitations. I've ready that if you are going to put a return address on the outer envelope you should be using the same address you have on the RSVP. I would just make sure if you do this your parents are able to take care of any invites that are unable to be delivered. Hope this helps!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would put your own address, so you can deal with any returned ones in a more timely manner than your parents could. Just be prepared to communicate back any RSVPs that mistakenly get sent to you (which I think would be rare).

• I think it's easier if you put your address rather than your parents'. That way, if your parents don't know the people, they don't have to contact you to try to get a phone number to call them.
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • My parents were hosting and were listed on the invitation.  So we kept it traditional and their return address was on the invitation as well as RSVPs sent to them.  I think there was only one straggler that we needed to follow up with, and DH did that because it was his friend.
  • I think I'll stick with my address. Otherwise it might seem strange to have it postmarked Arizona, and the Ohio return address. 

Thanks!
  • cgss11 said:

I think I'll stick with my address. Otherwise it might seem strange to have it postmarked Arizona, and the Ohio return address. 

Thanks!
    Honestly, very few people will even notice this or even care.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards