September 2015 Weddings

OMG...If one more thing......

Ok ladies....I hope that no one is in the same boat that I am in at the moment. I am ready to cry (ok...I did cry twice today).

I found out 2 days ago that the designer that was going to do my invites has decided that she has to many new clients to do my invites. But she thinks she can "do them" since we talked a few months ago. I really like her but don't want anyone rushing some that is so important to me.

Then I found out today that my cake baker is going to retire and July is her last weddings. She is mailing my deposit back to me!!! REALLY!

FI and I had just a small fight about the fact  I really don't want to sell my house....but we cant keep both....his is in a nice area. He does not understand how I feel about giving up my "financial security" by owing my own home. We are going to go on a walk and talk about it this weekend.

I think it has all snowballed for me since I am working about 40 hours of OT this time of year....any other time of the year I think none of the above would be bothering me.

Thank you for reading and Thank you all for letting me vent...it is nice to know that there is a place that I can feel comfortable crying on your shoulders

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: OMG...If one more thing......

• Hang in there. Working long hours consistently takes its toll.  I have been working 14 hour days for the past two weeks and working on the weekends as well.  The least little thing can bring me to tears.  I am so tired  and the stress of it all just intensifies any situation. 

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I'm SO sorry! Luckily, you have plenty of time to find a new baker and new invites. I hope the talk w your FI goes well and you come to a conclusion that pleases you both.

Good luck! Oh, and it's definitely OK to shed some tears throughout the planning process!

• @tj&cw, have you considered renting out your home? I just rented mine for the very same reason; we decided to move and I didn't want to sell it.

Property managers will only take between 8-10% of the monthly rent to manage it for you (don't add the stress of being a landlord to your plate while wedding planning!) and you can write off most, if not all, of the income tax free. 

Everything will work out!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Ditto the renting! If this is possible I would recommend it, especially if you can get a property manager to do all the leg work.

I ended up having to sell my home when FI and I moved north and I really wish that I had been able to keep it and rent it out. There were just no options for management and I obviously couldnt do it from far away.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards