Chit Chat
Options

Hey, newbies! Come over here!

Re: Hey, newbies! Come over here!

• Options
    arrippa said:

It makes me laugh sometimes to see the people who think they're newbs or don't post a lot. I see you all the time! Surely that means that *I* spend too much time here, but still. Give yourselves some credit. We know who you are.

I counted like four or five answers from people who I wouldn't consider new *coughmagicinkcough*
    Well I'm pretty sure hers was a joke. :)

• Options
    arrippaarrippa member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015

arrippa said:

arrippa said:

It makes me laugh sometimes to see the people who think they're newbs or don't post a lot. I see you all the time! Surely that means that *I* spend too much time here, but still. Give yourselves some credit. We know who you are.

I counted like four or five answers from people who I wouldn't consider new *coughmagicinkcough*

Oh, I know. I just though it was funny she posted in the Newbie thread.

ETA: What's up with the boxes??

• Options
    I'm not sure what's considered "new", but I've been hanging around since late December, so I'll play :)

1) What is your favorite type of cheese?
    Oh goodness. It's so hard to chooseeee. I love fresh Mozzarella & pepper jack.

2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? 
    No, listen, I hate that shit. I hate it so much that when I was a sophomore in high school, my "friends" thought it'd be funny to get packets of it from the lunchroom & smear it all over my desk. It terrifies me to this very day. 

3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?
    I love a good top shelf margarita on the rocks, extra salt. And I pretty much love any juice+rum.

4) When is your wedding? 
    November 21st, 2015 (8 months! Yay!)

5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? 
    Going well: I just ate an awesome salad for lunch AND the restaurant gave me free pie.
    Bugging me: TOO many Friday meetings; and it's raining - blech. 

6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? 
    I'd call @MagicInk to come give us counseling. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    arrippa said:

arrippa said:

arrippa said:

Oh, I know. I just though it was funny she posted in the Newbie thread.

ETA: What's up with the boxes??

I'm coming up on my year of being on TK! Next month yo yo!

I just like filling out surveys. And giving bullshit answers.
  • Options

4forluck said:

I'll play!

Probably fresh mozzarella, brie, or maybe even cream cheese (that last one is kind of a random choice).
    I guess I'm pretty neutral on it.  I could take it or leave it.  Unless you meant Patti Mayonnaise, in which case, I am all of for her, because Doug was one of my favorite shows growing up.
    I love rum just about any way, but my favorite way to drink it is in a mojitio.
    4) When is your wedding? 
    June 20th!
    Just about everything about my workplace bugs me right now, but I gave them my notice two days ago, so that is cheering me up. 
    I'd probably stand there in shock with my mouth hanging open.  My daughter refers to him as our "fixist," so I rely on him to solve problems like this. 
    YAS mojitos!!! I grow a huge mint plant in my yard every year for this exact purpose. And also bust out the super big cup. mmmm mojitos. 
    I tried growing a mint plant too just for mojitos.  But sadly, I do not have a green thumb (which is super embarrassing, because my mom is gardener) and the plant died.  Guess I'll have to stick to buying mint from now on.
  • Options
    4forluck said:

4forluck said:

I'll play!

Probably fresh mozzarella, brie, or maybe even cream cheese (that last one is kind of a random choice).
    I guess I'm pretty neutral on it.  I could take it or leave it.  Unless you meant Patti Mayonnaise, in which case, I am all of for her, because Doug was one of my favorite shows growing up.
    4) When is your wedding? 
    June 20th!
    Just about everything about my workplace bugs me right now, but I gave them my notice two days ago, so that is cheering me up. 
    I'd probably stand there in shock with my mouth hanging open.  My daughter refers to him as our "fixist," so I rely on him to solve problems like this. 
    YAS mojitos!!! I grow a huge mint plant in my yard every year for this exact purpose. And also bust out the super big cup. mmmm mojitos. 
    I tried growing a mint plant too just for mojitos.  But sadly, I do not have a green thumb (which is super embarrassing, because my mom is gardener) and the plant died.  Guess I'll have to stick to buying mint from now on.
    Just plant it in a big pot with regular soil, put it in good sunlight, and water it whenever the soil seems dry. That sucker will grow out of control (that's why I put it in a pot, cuz it will choke out other plants and take over). I don't have much of a green thumb (I've killed cactus and other things that are supposedly impossible to kill). If I can do it, you can do it! 
  • Options
    So I've lurked for over a year, already had my wedding, changed my username once, but randomly post threads or comment. Mainly I'm a lurker b/c I fear my answer to question 1 will get me thrown out *hides*

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? I'm not the biggest fan of cheese. mostly b/c i'm very lactose intolerant, but i'll always try a small piece whatever it is, wherever we are. so, i have no favorites b/c cheese hates me
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? yummmm I put it on all my sandwiches & my mom used to make me a cucumber salad growing up that was... cucumbers, salt, cilantro, and mayo. yummmm!! i try to buy the olive oil kind to make myself feel like its healthier... shhhh..
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Margaritas!! a good wheat beer. Malbec
    4) When is your wedding? It was in July 2014
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? i finished my paper at 11:30 that was due at 12p! woooo. // our landlord just told us they refuse to make rent for our 1bdrm comparable to other 1bdrms in the neighborhood - we can get a 2brm for the same price. now we have to decide if we want to go through the effort of moving to get more bang for our buck, or just suck it up. and if we move then we cant go on an awesome vacation we were planning
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? let's be honest, i'd be the one who ends up stuck. But, if he did, I'd take a picture and laugh. a lot.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  • Options
    Hi guys! I've been posting here and there for a bit but I mostly lurk... I've never introduced myself though! Except on my wedding month board.

Mild Cheddar. But most cheeses are amazing!

I actually hate all condiments. Mayo is the worst though

Beer, but I'm biased because I work for a beer company.

4) When is your wedding? 
    May 24th, 2015

There are a lot of things bugging me today, it's Friday and I want to go home! What's going well? I got dressed this morning, so I consider that a win.

Rub butter all over him and make him wiggle out like a worm, then ask @magicink for advice since she has all the answers now!
  • Options

4forluck said:

4forluck said:

I'll play!

4) When is your wedding? 
    June 20th!
    Just plant it in a big pot with regular soil, put it in good sunlight, and water it whenever the soil seems dry. That sucker will grow out of control (that's why I put it in a pot, cuz it will choke out other plants and take over). I don't have much of a green thumb (I've killed cactus and other things that are supposedly impossible to kill). If I can do it, you can do it! 
    Mmmm... mint! I'm the process of growing an enormous batch of mint for my signature cocktail - mint juleps. Apparently May 30th is both my wedding day AND National Mint Julep Day!!! This made it really easy to decide what to serve as our signature cocktail. My dad has lots of little mint seedlings growing under a light in his basement right now. I've been teasing him that it looks like he's running an illegal marijuana operation. I will use leftovers for mojitos because they are almost as delicious as mint juleps.

Anyway, I will shut up now because even though I feel like a newbie here I've actually been around since... August I think? Maybe that still makes me a newbie?
  • Options
    @4forluck mmmmmm mojitos so good.  I've never tried making them at home though
  • Options
    kvruns said:

They're so easy to make at home! 

• First, take equal parts sugar and water, and simmer on the stove till the sugar is dissolved. Give it time to cool and/or chill it in the fridge. This is called simple syrup.  
    • Put some mint leaves in the bottom of a glass and muddle them (aka mash em up. You can do this with an actual bar tool meant for this purpose, or use a spoon, the blunt end of some other kitchen tool, whatever. Just mash em really good so it releases the amazing delicious leaf juice)
    • Squeeze in some lime wedges and muddle those a bit
    • fill the glass with ice 
    • pour in a splash of the simple syrup 
    • all the rum! 
    • club soda 
    Last summer I was out of club soda and REALLY wanted a mojito but was too lazy to go to the store. Instead of simple syrup and club soda, I poured in some ginger ale. Thus the ginger mojito was born. And it was delicious! 
  • Options
    I don't know if I'm considered new, but I'll play!

1) What is your favorite type of cheese?  Aged Gouda for the win:)
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise?  Grossest condiment ever invented. No thanks.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Wine :) Preferably a nice Reisling imported from Germany.
    4) When is your wedding?  It was February 7th :):)
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you?  the good - My boss is out so lots of internet fun time :) My sister keeps emailing me pointless emails because she is bored. Annoying.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? I would laugh. I would laugh so, so hard.
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Hello all you new and newish people!!

I'm not new at all, but I never introduced myself. I didn't even lurk really. I think I just dove right in and made my very first post whining about this woman in my WP getting on my nerves about bridesmaids dresses when I had ONLY asked her because I needed even sides duh!!

And then I got schooled here, got my life together, lurked some more, and posted more intelligently :) Congrats to you guys who were lurking before posting, and those that have introduced yourselves

Anniversary

• Options
    I'm new-ish, I guess...

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? All of the cheese.
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? It is the fucking worst.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? G&Ts
    4) When is your wedding? August
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? I got a new assignment in a practice area I'm SUPER interested in! My assistant is driving me nuts... she's taken multiple personal calls while I needed her to do stuff, and sent us a bitchy email that we should use hand sanitizer more because of her delicate immune system
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? After I died laughing? Probably call my friends to help me get him out. And definitely tweet photos.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

Seems like we haven't had an introduction thread in quite a while and I keep noticing some new names around here. 

New posters and lurkers who haven't stepped out yet, introduce yourselves! And welcome! 

Here are some very important questions: 

4) When is your wedding? 

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

1) Any cheddar...the stronger/older the better
    2) Love it most of the time
    3) I recently had a drink that was rumchata and spiced rum - best drink I've ever had. Also love wine/Sangria
    4) September 12!
    5) My parents are on their way to visit (yay!)...I got home from work and my apartment is a million degrees, not sure what that's about.
    6) Laugh uncontrollably...and then try to help him.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options

kvruns said:

They're so easy to make at home! 

• First, take equal parts sugar and water, and simmer on the stove till the sugar is dissolved. Give it time to cool and/or chill it in the fridge. This is called simple syrup.  
    • Put some mint leaves in the bottom of a glass and muddle them (aka mash em up. You can do this with an actual bar tool meant for this purpose, or use a spoon, the blunt end of some other kitchen tool, whatever. Just mash em really good so it releases the amazing delicious leaf juice)
    • Squeeze in some lime wedges and muddle those a bit
    • fill the glass with ice 
    • pour in a splash of the simple syrup 
    • all the rum! 
    • club soda 
    Last summer I was out of club soda and REALLY wanted a mojito but was too lazy to go to the store. Instead of simple syrup and club soda, I poured in some ginger ale. Thus the ginger mojito was born. And it was delicious! 
    Anything with more than 3 steps is not simple ha! Although that sounds delicious. Also thanks for the explanation of what simple syrup is..I always wondered.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    kvruns said:

I prefer to make them at home. I feel like when you order them out somewhere it's hit or miss if it's good.
  • Options
    redoryxredoryx member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I've been around a few months but never did one of these before 

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? I'll eat just about any kind except for bleu (learning the mold situation in middle school scarred me for life although I'm ever so slowly coming around if I eat it infrequently)
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Fave condiment next to ranch dressing
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? I like me an amber/red ale
    4) When is your wedding? NYE (edit: that would be the not yet engaged kind, not the new years eve kind)
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? I was only stuck at jury duty for 2 hours and now i'm all done and can't be called back for 2 years but then I came home and [insert long annoying story about city taxes being weird and dates and deadlines and estimates] I owe the city an additional $8 
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Laugh. I'd help after awhile but mostly laugh.
  • Options
    madamerwinmadamerwin member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

I'm not SUPER new, but I like answering questions!

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Goat. Or Brie. Soft cheeses.
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Good in moderation.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? IPA. Or Bourbon
    4) When is your wedding? 6/20/15 (THREE MONTHS!)
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: I'm off work in 15 minutes, today flew by. Bugging me: I have barely had time for dilly-dallying today.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Call 911, because we have a Tempurpedic that is resting directly on the ground. It weighs a ton, and if FI were under there he would be suffocating.  ETA: I would also be wondering why the FUCK he is under the bed.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    DarthV8rDarthV8r member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

Seems like we haven't had an introduction thread in quite a while and I keep noticing some new names around here. 

New posters and lurkers who haven't stepped out yet, introduce yourselves! And welcome! 

4) When is your wedding? 

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

1.My favorite type of cheese is hard cheese. Fuck brie.

2. Mayonnaise only taste good in moderation and mixed with something. Fuck eating it straight on tomatoes. Gag me with a spoon.

3. I love a strong margarita on the rocks.

4. My wedding is may 2016.
    5. I'm on my patio drinking chardonnay listening to Sade, my hair is bugging me.
    6.If my SO got stuck under the bed I'd lift the bed . Duh. What should I do? Ask him if he wants his dick sucked?

• Options

4) When is your wedding? 

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

I guess I'm somewhat new...

1) I have to choose one?  Umm... gorgonzola dolce I guess.  I love cheese.

2) I have nothing against mayonnaise, I enjoy it on a sandwich or in a good macaroni salad.  FI eats miracle whip though... ick.

3) This is another difficult one to choose as there's favorite drinks for different activities.  But I guess if I'm at a bar and just hanging out, I'll do soda and raspberry vodka (prefer Svedka for this).   If we're talking wine... my favorites are Montepulcianos or Oregon Pinot Noir.

4) 9/12/15

5) Well today... I had some good chinese food for dinner.  Annoying... people who don't realize that they are not our only file we are working on at work.  It's end of month, and I personally am working on 47 files (27 of which are scheduled to close in the next 2 weeks).  I work at a title company.

6) Butter.  Lots of butter.
    Married 9.12.15
  • Options

I'm not SUPER new, but I like answering questions!

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Goat. Or Brie. Soft cheeses.
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Good in moderation.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? IPA. Or Bourbon
    4) When is your wedding? 6/20/15 (THREE MONTHS!)
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: I'm off work in 15 minutes, today flew by. Bugging me: I have barely had time for dilly-dallying today.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Call 911, because we have a Tempurpedic that is resting directly on the ground. It weighs a ton, and if FI were under there he would be suffocating.  ETA: I would also be wondering why the FUCK he is under the bed.
    Yep. I know who I'm drinking with. 
  • Options
    @ibarfburlapandlace finally someone else dislikes brie. I hate brie. I'm a hard cheese girl.
  • Options

2. Mayonnaise only taste good in moderation and mixed with something. Fuck eating it straight on tomatoes. Gag me with a spoon.

5. I'm on my patio drinking chardonnay listening to Sade, my hair is bugging me.
    6.If my SO got stuck under the bed I'd lift the bed . Duh. What should I do? Ask him if he wants his dick sucked?

We are not friends.
    But lolo if we don't eat the brie there is more brie for you.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

We are not friends.
    Do you eat yellow Skittles?

• Options

MagicInk said:

We are not friends.
    Do you eat yellow Skittles?
    Nope I hate yellow and green skittles. Wifey likes them though. We can split a bag of skittles very happily. This is the key to a happy marriage.
  • Options
    anniewalkerxanniewalkerx member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited March 2015

ETA no box :(@ibarfburlapandlace

I feel sorry for your husband

Brie is like cheese butter!! What is better than cheese AND butter? I'm hungover.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards