Chit Chat

Prayer Request (XP with The Nest) -- Updated in Thread

AprilH81AprilH81 member
First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
edited March 2015 in Chit Chat
I debated whether or not to post this, but I don't want to be one of "those people" who posts everything to Facebook to be an AW so I'm going to post this here to get it out of my system.

My dad is in ICU awaiting open heart surgery tomorrow morning.  It will most likely be a triple bypass, but that could change once they get in the OR and see exactly what is going on.  He has been in ICU all week after going to the hospital on Monday for a heart cath and stents.  They couldn't do the stents and they put in a balloon pump to help his heart rest and get more oxygen flowing.  

He is in good spirits but we are all tired and worn down.  I'm worried he won't survive the surgery, he is 78 years old and has had a stroke about 10 years ago.  I know this is a common surgery and his chances are good, but I'm still worried.

Please pray (or whatever you believe in) for my Dad, the surgeon and the medical team who will be working on him tomorrow.
photo composite_14153800476219.jpg

Re: Prayer Request (XP with The Nest) -- Updated in Thread

• My thoughts will be with you and your family.
    Anniversary

• You and your family are in our thoughts.
  • Saying prayers for your dad and your family.
  • T&P coming your way

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Sending you my thoughts and prayers.

• Hope everything goes well for your dad!
  • Sending good woowoo your way!
  • Praying for your dad and his medical team.

• Thoughts and prayers. If you need anything let me know! Xoxo
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Thoughts and prayers for your dad!
  • Sending good vibes to you all! Hugs. I'm sure it will turn out well. 

My grandpa had a quadruple bypass in his late 80s and his health was not good by then. He came through it just fine and recovered even quicker than we expected. Modern medical science is a very amazing thing! 

Just stay positive, and try to get some rest. 
  • Best wishes for you and your dad! My own father had a quadruple bypass following a heart attack 12 years ago. I was absolutely terrified at the time, but all these years later he's still going strong. The surgery has held, he's much healthier than he was, and hikes mountains with me in the summer. So happy endings do happen - stay strong!
  • I'm definitely praying for you, your family, your dad and the surgeons as they perform the surgery. Hugs!

• Thoughts and prayers for you and your family.  My dad has managed to survive many massive heart attacks and stents and his most recent (heart failure) last month.

I know how terrifying it can be and I'm here if you need to talk <3
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • You've got it!

• Sending thoughts and prayers to you and your family!  Sending vibes that the surgeon and medical team are all on their A game, too.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• I am so sorry. Internet hugs. Don't forget to take care of yourself, while you are helping your family.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Sending love and support your way! 
                                    Daisypath Wedding tickers

• I'm so sorry! You, your dad, and your family will be in my prayers.

• Prayers for your family!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• T&P for you and your family!
  • I'm sorry to hear this. I am sending many positive vibes your way.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Sending good thoughts your dad's way.

And FTR, I don't think Facebooking this kind of thing is AWish at all. (Unless you also ask for prayer requests for your goldfish who has been looking sluggish every other day).
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • My thoughts are with your family.  My dad had open-heart surgery about a year and a half ago, waiting to hear how it went was one of the slowest days of my life.  All of the creepy internet hugs to you!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • What great news! So happy for you and your family!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • That's great news! Wishing him a speedy recovery!
  • WooHoo! That's great news :relieved:
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• Awesome! So glad to hear he's okay
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Great news! Hoping for a quick recovery!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards