New Jersey
Options

Photographers

TaTrToT45TaTrToT45 member
First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
edited March 2015 in New Jersey

Hi Everyone!

How did you all end up deciding what photographer/ company to go with? I'm honestly so tired of looking at portfolio's and requesting price quotes from people I'm about to pull my hair out lol. Anyone have any good idea's or suggestions on how I should pick? We live in PA, FH and I are originally from Jersey moved to PA last June so going to Jersey every other weekend isn't going to work to have face to face's to get a feel for all these people. HELP!!!! haha Thanks :-)

Re: Photographers

• Options
    Could you Skype or Facetime with these photographers.  I feel you have to have a connection with them personally because they will be with you the whole day.  Good Luck!
  • Options
    I only met with photographers that I was truly interested in.  We met with the first one he was just ok and didn't really fit what we needed.

The second photographer we met with (The Artist Group) we loved and hired him on the spot.  They're from South South Jersey/Philly area.  We met half way in Woodbridge on a week night.  He was really accommodating being that I lived in north Jersey and H at the time was living in Brooklyn. 

I'm sure most photographers would be willing to make an appointment via Skype of Facetime.  I was supposed to have a face to face meeting with my photographer the week before the wedding but we couldn't get our schedules to work out so we finished via a phone call.  They offered to Facetime but we both wound up taking the call in the car lol
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We went with a company called Enchanted Celebrations and they are located near Philly (West Creek, NJ I believe). Jen, the sales manager, was willing to come to us (we live in North Jersey) when we scheduled a meeting. They had many photographers to choose from within their company and you are able to look at their portfolios on their website. All of their work is amazing and fit our style. They are very courteous and prompt in answering the 489573894349 questions I had for them. Everything can be sent online via their planning site as well, so it was an extremely easy process to book and send shot lists and timelines. Here is their website: http://www.enchantedcelebrations.com/

Good luck in your search!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    amt6amt6 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    I totally understand how you feel! My FI and I live in Connecticut so planning a wedding from two states away when everyone wants to "sit down and talk about our options" is really difficult. We fell in love with our photographers portfolio online (The Markows Photography, highly recommend them!) and "met" via Skype. After talking with them for over an hour, we were done. Technology is your friend when wedding planning a wedding from far away. We have chosen our photographers and officiants this way!
  • Options
    karinaesco24 I actually was looking into Enchanted Celebrations. Did you have two photographers? I see they only have the price for a package with just 1 photographer so I'm curious.
  • Options
    @TaTrToT45 They honored their special package price which was around $1500 when we booked with them. We decided against videography, so we added a second photographer for $800 more. Overall, we paid a lil over $2,100 for two photographers for the entire day, plus the book and online hosting and rights to all of the photos and all that. I couldn't be happier with our choice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    TaTrToT45TaTrToT45 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited March 2015
    karinaesco24 Thank you very much :-)
  • Options
    You're welcome @TaTrToT45! Glad I can help :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Hi,

We chose a photographer based on if they fit in our budget & depending on whether or not we liked their photography & style on their portfolios on their websites.  If we liked their photos, we asked for their pricing if it was not already available.  We met with a photographer via skype & a few in person.  It was important for us to have a boutique photographer because we wanted to meet who exactly would be present at our wedding before we signed a contract.  Also, if they owned their business, they would care a lot more about the photos that they would be producing.

Hope this helps!
  • Options
    @FutureMrsN3312 we are also using The Artist Group! We had also met with another company that was ok and booked The Artist Group immediately. We had a great initial meeting, my photographer is always quick to respond to emails, our engagement session was a lot of fun, and the pictures came out great.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    @jlr92588 they were so awesome. I had all of my pics within 2 weeks. And our video after 2 months. I can't recommend them enough. We had a blast with Matt during our engagement shoot and the whole group the day of our wedding.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    We looked at several online, emailed with a few and spoke with a few, we only visited our top 2 choices.  I loved our photographer, he was worth every penny.

Anniversary

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards