Chit Chat

How's your weekend?!

What did you do all weekend?
Last night I treated my friend to dinner. She's getting married in 2 weeks and I was in Europe during her bachelorette party so I wanted a night out for us. We tried a new tapas place and it was AMAZING. There were like 50 options but we went with fried goat cheese, fried avocado, lemon garlic shrimp, braised duck leg, and churros. I haven't drank in years but her sangria was so good that I even got one! We're glad that we went together because my husband wouldn't have eaten any of that, and her fiance would have bitched that he was still hungry lol. 
Today, date day with DH to see Insurgent in 3D- it was so good. 

Re: How's your weekend?!

• Good, thanks.  I've been organizing and unpacking and stuff (I recently moved), I rewatched The Ladykillers last night, and did some homework this morning.
  • I love tapas places! I went to one last weekend, and got talked into trying rabbit. It was actually pretty good except for the fact it was still on the leg...I had some issues with that.
    My weekend is good. My parents are visiting, which is always fun. Last night we went to a minor league hockey game, and there were so many crazy fights, which is always awesome. Today we went and saw Cinderella, which totally brought me back to my childhood. (SPOILER ALERT kind of) I wish there had been some singing, and if one song was to be included it should have been Bippity Boppity Boo.
    Glad to hear Insurgent was good, I want to see that too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @doeydo Did you move out from your boyfriend or together? 

• @doeydo YAAAAAY!! so proud of you- hope your date goes well! 

• Thank you :D
  • Currently watching/listening to Interstellar. Had a house party yesterday and now some of the clean up begins... And the laundry. There is so much laundry. Who wore all of these clothes!?

And I had my bridal trial yesterday. That was awesome. I'm so happy with it. Final dress fitting tomorrow!! Yay!!

• @mikenberger I just watched Interstellar last week and it was the most intense movie I've ever seen! I was so beyond impressed. And yay for final fitting! 

• I spent the weekend with my sisters and mother and we celebrated my mom's birthday and got my niece her flower girl dress! She is ten but is rather tall and developed. She is basically in women's sizes but needs to be dressed like a kid. We ended up with this dress, my mom is going to alter it a bit and take the cups out. 

It's this dress, however it is much longer on her and the back doesn't show hardly anything. Also, the bottom part is poofy and has tulle under it. I know this is the dress but I can't help but think of false advertising. So weird.

We also found out that my FI's grandmother has been admitted to hospice. So we are going to visit tomorrow. It's been a long time coming and I'm ready for her to end the suffering. I've known her for 15 years and I love her like my own grandma. 

But let's focus on the happy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @larrygaga So sorry about grandma :( 

• @doeydo, I'm happy for you! Hope you have a good date!

Yesterday FI and I got a Costco membership and went shopping. I am officially a suburbanite. Then we ran some other errands and assembled our favors. It was a productive and surprisingly low-stress day.

I went to church today, and a couple of my close friends told me they're coming to the wedding. I had been really bummed about not getting a RSVP from them yet, because I assumed they would be busy volunteering at church event that weekend, so I'm really happy to know they're coming. Now I'm home and it's gross and rainy outside, and all I want to do is sleep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Busy, but fun!  Yesterday morning I went with my running group to visit patients of the oncology department at our local hospital.  At night my husband and I went to a friend's 30th bday party.  There were babies everywhere at the party!  I think we were literally the only couple there without a baby!  Today I went hiking with my sister and a friend.  We only intended on going for a short hike, but ended up being out for about 4 hours..it was such a pretty day!  I got home around 6 and my husband had dinner already going..yes!
  • H and I worked yesterday, as usual, so today was our first weekend day.  Today, we went to church and then he had to go to work.  :(  So I've been working on finalizing plans and working on invitations for my cousin's bridal shower. Also, cleaned up the kitchen and have meat thawing for making some stroganoff later.

Tomorrow, hopefully H doesn't have to work.  He might have to, but hopefully not because I want to have a fun weekend with him!
  • Went to a friend's housewarming party last night, and it was super awkward. H had a poker night so I went solo, and I only knew three people there. Then two left, so I only knew the host. Everyone else there had been friends since high school, and I was the only one not drinking. Awesome. I tried making small talk with some people, and one girl offered me a shot (of wine...?). I turned it down, she asked why, I said "I'm pregnant!" and she just got SUPER SAD and started telling me all about her baby fever. Oh. Uh. Excuse me, stranger, I need some more chips.

• I have been having the worst period, so I've pretty much been laying around all weekend. 

On the bright side, H said today he wants to move closer to work, so we're hoping to go look at apartments soon! They have bath tubs! We could get a dog!

...But we'd have to push back TTC for a little longer....

Anniversary
  • @lolo883 that is really awkward! I felt the same way at a girl's night on Thursday. I was the only one out of 6 girls who was not divorced and they were talking about tinder and hooking up and I just felt so out of place!!

• It's been a lazy but still productive weekend. We had a freak snowstorm on Friday, so I got let out of work early. We spent the rest of the evening hanging out on the couch, watching ST:TNG reruns, and eating leftover Irish food.

We slept in yesterday, then did some household things (grocery shopping and stuff for our work trailer) before going to a dinner for one of DH's volunteer groups. It was a really low turn-out (maybe half the people they normally get), but we ended up having an entire table to ourselves - super awesome since they serve the appetizers family-style, so we got whole bowls to ourselves. 

We got up this morning and had boozy brunch with @JCBride2015 and Mr. JCB before coming home to tackle mountains of laundry and more trailer stuff. I'm waiting for the potatoes to finish boiling so I can make more colcannon. The rest of the night will be spent cross-stitching Doctor Who themed things for my friend's baby due this summer.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• DH was gone skiing with the boys for the weekend.  My massage therapist offered me a 90 min instead of 60 since I couldn't get in for so long.  Most amazing thing ever!!!

Anyway, I was in La Senza (Canadian Victoria's Secret) buying 5/$25 underwear.  There was a Mom with her 5-6 year old daughter there too.  As I was leaving, they were heading to the cash desk and the girl points at a display and says, "Look Mom!!  Handcuffs!!!"  Mom was horrified and myself and the sales staff had to hold in the laughter.  They were all sparkly and blingy too.  

DH is now home and I need a dip in the tub after practice today.  

• I've left the house exactly twice this weekend - once to take (make!) Gus for a walk (he's still pissed) & once to go get a big ol' heaping pile of delicious frozen yogurt (peacon pie with lots-o-caramel topping). Now DH is smoking some meat for dinner & O just started watching season 1 of American Horrorr Story. Good times!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • @SmileDamnit I had ice cream twice today. Vanilla with m&ms at a boy scout banquet this afternoon, salted caramel truffle with strawberries, hot fudge, and caramel sauce at home this evening. It's good for babies. ;)

• We currently have a box of these in the freezer, and I am so excited even though I can't really eat dairy.

~*~*~*~*~

• OMG that food sounds amazeballs. Larry, I'm sorry about GMIL, I hope things go as smoothly as they can.

On Friday I did some required volunteering in the form of early childhood screening, which was fun. On Saturday I showed my horse to some potential buyers and I really hope that pans out, and that was super exhausting- sales is not my thing, and it's the end of winter and I had to literally scrub shit off my horse. 

Today lots of studying, and we'd like to start watching TWD but we have to wait for the ferrets to calm the fuck down or they will make so much noise it's impossible to enjoy it.  This always happens at WD time. 

Also, that screening reawakened my baby rabies really bad and I'm taking it out on my secret pinterest board for that kind of thing. 
  • Our weekend was pretty relaxing. Saturday I made chili beans for the first time ever, and they were delicious! It was definitely a crowd pleaser. Then we got to watch NC State upset Villanova....YES!

DH and I didn't leave the house at all yesterday. And I took a 2 hour nap.

• That sounds delicious!

On Saturday FI worked and I volunteered, both at the same place (local reading festival). I got to hand out free books to kids. It was tons of fun and I rewarded myself with a blackberry shaved ice afterwards. After dinner at Pollo Tropical we finally designed our save the dates with minimal arguing about fonts. They came out super good. We uploaded and ordered from Vistaprint and I can't wait until they arrive. In the meantime, I'm finally putting together a spreadsheet from the invited list I made on TK. I've heard horror stories from some of you ladies about that TK guest list.

Sunday we visited FI's family. I made sausage balls and they went over very well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Cookie Pusher, where do you get those ice cream sandwiches?!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:

Cookie Pusher, where do you get those ice cream sandwiches?!

OMG @hicoco how did you manage to tag Cookie?! She's been so evasive with that space in her name. Are you on mobile?

• edited March 2015
    @lolo883 , I am on a laptop but I just copied and pasted it! That's what I usually do..LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • hicoco said:

I found them at the super market this weekend near the Good Humor ice cream treat area. I think the national roll-out is supposed to be in April, though, so they may not be in every store just yet.

hicoco said:

OMG @hicoco how did you manage to tag Cookie?! She's been so evasive with that space in her name. Are you on mobile?
    Copy/Paste, I'd guess. But sadly, I still don't get a notification that I was tagged. I considered changing my username to get rid of the space, but.... lazy.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• Cookie Pusher, where do you get those ice cream sandwiches?!
    I found them at the super market this weekend near the Good Humor ice cream treat area. I think the national roll-out is supposed to be in April, though, so they may not be in every store just yet.

hicoco said:

Copy/Paste, I'd guess. But sadly, I still don't get a notification that I was tagged. I considered changing my username to get rid of the space, but.... lazy.

Weird. I can click the hyperlinked name and get your profile. But it shouldn't surprise me that the TK machine isn't smart enough to notify you.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards