Chit Chat
Options

Hey, newbies! Come over here!

Re: Hey, newbies! Come over here!

• Options
    MagicInk said:

MagicInk said:

1.My favorite type of cheese is hard cheese. Fuck brie.

2. Mayonnaise only taste good in moderation and mixed with something. Fuck eating it straight on tomatoes. Gag me with a spoon.

3. I love a strong margarita on the rocks.

4. My wedding is may 2016.
    5. I'm on my patio drinking chardonnay listening to Sade, my hair is bugging me.
    6.If my SO got stuck under the bed I'd lift the bed . Duh. What should I do? Ask him if he wants his dick sucked?

We are not friends.
    But lolo if we don't eat the brie there is more brie for you.
    Do you eat yellow Skittles?
    Nope I hate yellow and green skittles. Wifey likes them though. We can split a bag of skittles very happily. This is the key to a happy marriage.
    I'm so happy to hear that this is the secret to a happy marriage. I eat the red, orange, and yellow. FI eats green and purple (I especially don't like the purple ones). But they're all better than the tropical skittles - I find banana-flavored candies personally offensive to my taste buds.
  • Options

MagicInk said:

1.My favorite type of cheese is hard cheese. Fuck brie.

2. Mayonnaise only taste good in moderation and mixed with something. Fuck eating it straight on tomatoes. Gag me with a spoon.

3. I love a strong margarita on the rocks.

4. My wedding is may 2016.
    5. I'm on my patio drinking chardonnay listening to Sade, my hair is bugging me.
    6.If my SO got stuck under the bed I'd lift the bed . Duh. What should I do? Ask him if he wants his dick sucked?

We are not friends.
    But lolo if we don't eat the brie there is more brie for you.
    Do you eat yellow Skittles?
    Nope I hate yellow and green skittles. Wifey likes them though. We can split a bag of skittles very happily. This is the key to a happy marriage.
    I'm so happy to hear that this is the secret to a happy marriage. I eat the red, orange, and yellow. FI eats green and purple (I especially don't like the purple ones). But they're all better than the tropical skittles - I find banana-flavored candies personally offensive to my taste buds.

I whole heartedly agree.

Also, I have found that another key to a happy marriage is for no one to hog all of the bagel chips in the chex mix. House rule for us is to always offer your partner one bagel chip anytime you are eating chex mix and said partner is in the same room.
  • Options
    I don't like the bagel chips in chex mix. Wifey gets all of them.
  • Options
    So glad to see so many who dislike mayo and love cheese!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I've been lurking for a while, but I've only posted a little bit (trying to be more active!), so I think I'm allowed to play.

1) What is your favorite type of cheese?
    I love ALL the cheeses, but right now I want some Cowgirl Creamery Triple Cream Brie. Delicious and reminds me of my time in grad school. I also love smoked Gouda or cheddar. Or burrata. Burrata is so good with some quality balsamic and a little salt and pepper.
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise?
    Maybe the best condiment. Could put it on basically anything.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? A jalepeño margarita on the rocks with salt. Or, schramsberg brut rosé.
    4) When is your wedding? Was March 14, 2015--last Saturday!
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you?
    Going Well: H and I are in Paris, and today we 1) went shopping, 2) got the best gelato ever, and 3) had sushi for dinner.
    Bugging me: I have been sick since the wedding and I just want it to go away. My whole face hurts from the congestion.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed?
    Die laughing. This would happen to him and I would probably be worthless in terms of helping him.
  • Options
    Hello! I am new here! This is the first time I ever posted on a forum at The Knot! Here we go...

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Such a hard question, because I love just about all cheese... But if I had to pick a cheese that I could eat large amounts of, it'd be cheddar. 
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Depends on what I am eating. I do love mustard though.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? All of the wine. And all of the beer.
    4) When is your wedding? 12/31/16... still got a long while to go!! Just hoping to get a lot of planning done ahead of time so I am not super stressed before the wedding.
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well? Ran 5 miles at the gym. Bugging me? Hmmm..... nothing really. I am more of a go with the flow kind of person and nothing really bugs me for too long. 
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? I would be extremely confused, because it is a very small space to fit into. I would also tell him to clean up while he is down there, because dog hair collects like crazy. 
  • Options
    mrsdee15 said:

So glad to see so many who dislike mayo and love cheese!

Mayo is evil and should not exist. Cheese is amazing and makes everything in life better!
  • Options

Seems like we haven't had an introduction thread in quite a while and I keep noticing some new names around here. 

New posters and lurkers who haven't stepped out yet, introduce yourselves! And welcome! 

Here are some very important questions: 

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? - creamy/soft cheese with dried cranberries or pineapple around it
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Thought I loved it, but haven't had it in 17 days due to the Whole30 (I know you can make you own, just haven't) so I guess I don't care too much about it.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? BEER all the way
    4) When is your wedding? July 25, 2015
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? We confirmed our officiant today and March Madness is on TV so that's pretty awesome. Bugging me that we live 6 hours ahead of everyone back home so therefore I won't be able to watch my dear Badgers play basketball tonight.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Giggle for a bit and then I suppose I would help him out.

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

I've been lurking and occasionally posting for a little bit now, but have never introduced myself. Thanks for the thread novella!
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

That makes me very sad for you. But lucky wifey getting to have all the bagel chips. I am jealous.
  • Options
    allispain said:

MagicInk said:

That makes me very sad for you. But lucky wifey getting to have all the bagel chips. I am jealous.
    They're just too crunchy and hurt my teeth.
  • Options
    I lurk a lot and am still pretty new. 

1)  Mozzarella. I put ricotta on a lot of things too. but mostly all cheeses. 

2) Nope. Never. Not in stuff, not on stuff.

3) Any. I'm not picky. Wine and tequila are my go to drinks

4) May 2017? June 2017? No solid date planned. Just a lot of ideas.

5) Today a group of us were scheduled at work for an event that didn't exist. Instead of releasing us to other areas or letting us go work on projects, managers made us stay with them. So 2 departments were understaffed and had to drop content while the four of us sat around and did nothing "just in case". It's annoying because this happens every week. 

BUT! I'm doing really well in my bracket pool (my theme is nature upset), FI left me some of the bacon broccoli pizza we made last night, and we've found some really great options of places to move this summer! So who can really be mad! 

6) Make sure he was ok, maybe take a picture or two and then get him out of there. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

Seems like we haven't had an introduction thread in quite a while and I keep noticing some new names around here. 

New posters and lurkers who haven't stepped out yet, introduce yourselves! And welcome! 

3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage?
    4) When is your wedding? 

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

I want to play! I'm definitively not new, but I hardly ever post...

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Smoked Gouda
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Meh. I'll eat it or go without it
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? All the red wine, please (especially pinot noir or cab sav)
    4) When is was your wedding? June 7, 2014
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: went to out for brunch with DH and friends and then to hockey game. Bugging me: I still have to do homework tonight and I'd much rather relax.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Ask him to clean up all the dust bunnies on his way out, wish him good luck, and then send my two beags in after him.

• Options
    Wow there are more new people than I thought. Hi! Thanks for posting :)
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

allispain said:

MagicInk said:

They're just too crunchy and hurt my teeth.
    I detest ALL chex mix.
  • Options
    I am decidedly NOT new, but imma do it anyway. Fight me.

How about I give you my top 3?
    Butterkase
    Smoked Gouda
    Brie

MAYO4LYFE
    Wont eat a sandwich without it

Tequila
    Anything not too sweet

4) When is your wedding? 
    It was 10/12/14

Welp, I got drunk at Olive Garden.

Take pictures and immediarely post them here. He can get himself out; he is a big boy.
  • Options

Well I'm not brand spankin' new, but I want to play!
     1. Pretty much any cheese ever.  But if I have to choose, havarti with dill.
     2. LOVE mayonnaise.  It's unhealthy (both physically and mentally).  I order Jimmy John's with extra mayo.
     3. I actually really love all alcohol too.  My go-to is usually wine or a bourbon old-fashioned.
     4. Friday the 13th!  November, 2015.
     5. Today is Friday and the first day of spring, so that is wonderful, but I have a cold and I have to go to work later, boo.
     6. Check to make sure he's okay, laugh, take a picture, help him out.  (Possibly laugh first, unless there was blood.)
    goblue111315 I think we may be the same person...

I've been around for a few weeks at the point. Just got engaged last month. Mostly lurking around, but have posted a few times and am trying to be more active. :)

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Dill Havarti. So good.
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Mmmm...yesss...
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? A well made Manhattan
    4) When is your wedding? April 23, 2016
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Well, I'm off work! Yay!! As for what's bugging me, I work mids, so I have to go back tonight, and I'm always too tired to work out anymore...sigh...
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Laugh, take pictures to post to facebook, continue to laugh, eventually help him. It's funny because our bed is *just* high enough off the ground to actually get stuck under.

• Options
    Not really new, but I realized I never gave an introduction, so what the heck...

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? Pepperjack maybe?
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Unless I'm making mac. salad, potato salad, or deviled eggs, I have no use for it. 
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? No strong favorites, but I enjoy craft beers from micros 
    4) When is your wedding? May 23...coming up quick!
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Enjoying a nice big pot of coffee here, so that's a plus. Too early in the day for anything to bug me yet. 
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Laugh uncontrollably, take a picture, then help him out. 

ANNNNDDD...... GO! 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    erinkelsey3erinkelsey3 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Hellooo! I've been lurking for about a month or two. Y'all have already saved me from some dumb wedding mistakes :D

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? I'm lactose intolerant :( But when I'm feeling masochistic I like nacho cheese!
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? I enjoy mayonnaise in moderation. 
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Honey whiskey and sprite. Freaking delicious.
    4) When is your wedding? September 5, 2015
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: fiance made me scrapple and bacon and eggs for breakfast <3  Bugging me: I still haven't bought a wedding dress and I'm starting to freak out a little.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? My first thought was to crawl under there with him and launch a tickle attack? Idk. Maybe rescue him. Maybe.

Can anyone advise on how to change my profile pic thing?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Hellooo! I've been lurking for about a month or two. Y'all have already saved me from some dumb wedding mistakes :D

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? I'm lactose intolerant :( But when I'm feeling masochistic I like nacho cheese!
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? Honey whiskey and sprite. Freaking delicious.
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: fiance made me scrapple and bacon and eggs for breakfast <3  Bugging me: I still haven't bought a wedding dress and I'm starting to freak out a little.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? My first thought was to crawl under there with him and launch a tickle attack? Idk. Maybe rescue him. Maybe.

Hi! What's scrapple?

I'm not 100% sure about this cuz some things have changed on this site, but I think to change your avatar picture you just click on the little person icon in the very top right of your screen (there's a globe, then an inbox icon, then a star, then the person) and click on preferences. From there, you should be able to change it. But sorry in advance if I end up being wrong!
  • Options

Welp, I got drunk at Olive Garden.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    OOOH can I play? I am decidedly un-new but I'm bored, doing laundry, and FI's at work.

The kind I can eat, generally. I looooooooove brie. Also cheddar. And pepper jack. Um.

In tiny bits, on a hamburger? In general though, it kind of looks like... well. It's gross looking so if I don't have to fool with it I'm okay but if I have to fool with it I generally pass.

I don't like beer, but generally everything else is fair game. I like vodka- and tequila-based cocktails best.

4) When is your wedding? 
    October 24th, 2015! Weeeee are getting closer. So that's good stuff.

I'm doing laundry. That would be the response to both.

Fly MagicInk out to act as mediator during our discussion of how his under-bed stickage is affecting me and damaging our relationship.

....or laugh my ass off. Of course, I'm the one more likely to get stuck under a bed - I'm a cat. If it fits, I sits.

• Options
    I too have been lurking for a while and recently started posting more as my wedding is getting closer... you sure are a group of classy ladies! 

1) What is your favorite type of cheese? I love cheese and could definitely survive on cheese alone for a while. If I *have to* name one single one I would say Gruyere is my long time classic favorite and Midnight Moon is my current cheese of the month (I know, that's two. Oh well). 
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? I never know what to do with it. I have it in my fridge but don't really use it much. Although its good with fries (I'm European). 
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? I'm pretty inclusive when it comes to alcoholic beverages. Favorite White - Pinot gris; Favorite Red - Malbec; Favorite Gin - Bombay Saphire; Favorite Vodka - Hortiza (its Ukrainian); Favorite drink - Aperol Spritz. 
    4) When is your wedding? 8/2/2015! Getting real! 
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you? Going well: I worked out today which makes last week pretty good with 6 'active' days out of 7, yay me! Bugging me: I have a big exam in June and I really have to study and I don't want to :/ 
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? We have one of those heavy beds with linen drawers in the bottom so he would have to break the laws of physics to get under there. If he did that, I'd call Steven Hawking and be like whoah, guess what!!  
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • Options
    I've been lurking for a few months and since I feel like the regs are my BFFs (who have taught me several things and saved me from stupid wedding ideas), it's probably time to stop lurking.

1. Monterey Jack
    2. I thoroughly enjoy mayo, though ketchup is my #1 condiment.
    3. Wine- I've been on a Malbec kick lately
    4. October 10, 2015
    5. Going well- It's not snowing as predicted.
    Not going well- I hate my job and am dreading going to work tomorrow.
    6. Someone mentioned asking them to clean under there which is a great idea.  Also, laugh.
  • Options
    I'm also newish- I've been lurking since September, commenting since December.

1)What is your favorite type of cheese? Pecorino
    2) How do you feel about mayonnaise? Such a waste of calories! I don't hate it, but it doesn't add anything to my sandwich.
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? wine
    4) When is your wedding? August 22, 2015
    5) What's going well today and what's bugging you?  I FINALLY figured out my BM dresses! 3 of my bridesmaids were in town yesterday and we went shopping and they offered the PERFECT amount of insight and input to make me feel like I was making a good decision. I've been really stressing about asking people to shell out the money. AND I am thrilled that I was able to find the dresses on Weddingshoppeinc.com for about 40% cheaper than the shops I was in yesterday. I actually used to live in MN, so I am familiar with their brick and mortar store and love them. What is going bad? I am hungover as fuck due to wine drinking last night with said bridesmaids. My poor FI, we were up talking and laughing loudly to 4 am. He had to get up at 7:30 for work today. He was not a happy camper.
    6) What would you do if your significant other got stuck under the bed? Lather him in lube and try to pull him out?
  • Options
    @kao2015 you got married on my birthday! So recently- congrats!! Have a super great time in Paris! 

• Options
    I think I kind of new! Maybe... 
    Brie! Yuuuuuuuuuum!! 
    I enjoy a dab on a sandwich but not in any "salad". 
    3) What's your favorite alcoholic beverage? A local winery makes an apple cinnamon wine that I really love. A 7&7 is my go to when I go out to a bar.
    4) When is your wedding? October 1st, 2016
    Going Well: Grade cards are done for third quarter! Wohoo!
    Bugging me: Laundry. 
    I would wait until I stopped crying from laughing so hard and then pull him out from there.
  • Options
    All cheeses. I am non-discriminate in my love of all things cheese.  
    I'll pass. I like to pretend I'm a healthy eater because of this.
    Once again, all alcohol. :)
    4) When is your wedding? 
    No idea. I'm engaged, its happening, but PhD programs have me waiting until I have an idea of what my life will even look like for the next few years.
    I work for a University, so tomorrow is my first day back after Spring break off, so Monday is gonna suck. Just got back from a NOLA trip so that was fun!
    Take a picture, post it everywhere, probably barter some kind of deal for his freedom. 
  • Options

Hi! What's scrapple?

I'm not 100% sure about this cuz some things have changed on this site, but I think to change your avatar picture you just click on the little person icon in the very top right of your screen (there's a globe, then an inbox icon, then a star, then the person) and click on preferences. From there, you should be able to change it. But sorry in advance if I end up being wrong!
    Scrapple is a mid-atlantic thing. It's a breakfast meat, sold in loaf form, which you then cut up and fry. You're better off not knowing what it's made of, but it's delicious! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Scrapple is a mid-atlantic thing. It's a breakfast meat, sold in loaf form, which you then cut up and fry. You're better off not knowing what it's made of, but it's delicious! :)
    Philly area born here....will second the fact that ignorance is bliss.

• Options
    I just got here today!

1)What is your favorite type of cheese?
    Anything but blue cheese, and feta cheese.
    Only for my french fries.
    I don't drink.
    4) When is your wedding?
    September, 2015
    I just got to work, so, hopefully everything goes well...but, I'm at work, so, something is bound to go wrong.
    I'd laugh. Then I'd wonder why he was under there. Then, I'd laugh some more.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards