May 2015 Weddings
Options

Honeymoon!

All of our wedding dates are getting so close!

Who has plans for a HM after the wedding? If so, where are you going and for how long? Is anyone delaying their HM until later?

FI and I are going to Barbados for 10 days, and I cannot wait. We were able to book a lot on points, which made the longer stay possible. Our wedding is a Saturday and we leave first thing Monday morning; it's an 8:30 flight and I had no desire to be at the airport at 5:30 the morning after our wedding! So we'll have a day in between to get home and pack and all that stuff.

Did anyone JUST realize that they haven't booked their honeymoon? :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Honeymoon!

• Options
    YAY honeymoons!!

FI & I booked ours on Sunday! We're doing a week in Aruba - we ended up booking an all-inclusive, which I didn't originally want because of all the awesome stuff in Aruba, but it wasn't overly expensive, um... UNLIMITED DRINKS AND SNACKS, and we can totally still go out to dinner if we want to. We got the honeymoon special, which wasn't anything extra, but guaranteed an oceanfront room, a candlelit dinner, champagne on arrival, and a bunch of other fun honeymoonish things. 

We're getting married on Saturday, and leaving on Tuesday morning. I figure it will give us Sunday to recover, and then Monday to get everything together, without having to rush. We're flying in & out of Boston (DIRECT on JetBlue, thank goodness). 

I'M SO EXCITED!!image

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    We're doing a week in RIviera Maya. I know it sounds awful, but I think I'm more excited for the trip than the actual wedding! After all the planning and stress I can't wait to just lie in the sun with a fruity drink in my hand :)  Wedding is Friday night and we're leaving first thing Monday morning
  • Options
    Our wedding is out of town, so we get married on a Saturday night and fly back from our wedding city on Monday. We then take a red eye flight to Bora Bora on Wednesday night, where we'll stay for 13 days before flying home. I'm so excited, and pretty relieved to have 48 hours to unwind from the wedding and then get ready for the honeymoon. 
  • Options
    Everyone is going to amazing places! FI and I will be spending 8 days in Jamaica.. We leave two days after our wedding. I can't wait for some all-inclusive sand and sun!
  • Options
    We're spending 8 days in Tulum in Mexico. We get married on Friday and we'll be leaving on Tuesday. Cannot WAIT to go. 

• Options

I love all the HM locations!

@same52915 - Yeah, I keep asking if we can just go NOW. Don't get me wrong, I'm so excited to marry this man and I know our wedding will be awesome, but I'm also really excited to go far away and be left alone for a while.

I bought 2 new bathing suits last weekend specifically for our HM and I was ridiculously excited about it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    We're doing a week in the Riviera Maya! Wedding is Saturday and we leave Monday morning.  We decided to go all-inclusive, since it gave us the most for our money, and the place looked beautiful! We figured we'd rather do something more relaxing after all of the craziness from the wedding, than a trip where we'd have to explore and sight-see.  We can't wait!!
  • Options
    Wow! Everyone is going to such nice places! Sadly the FI and I can't take too much time off after the wedding but I wanted to make sure we actually had a proper honeymoon so we are just flying over to Maui for 6 days (we live on Oahu so it'll be a small "getaway") we get married on a Saturday and will be flying out the next day in the afternoon.
    I'm not ashamed to say I definitely look forward to the HM more than the actual wedding day! Cant wait to just spend one on one time with the hubby after all the wedding madness ends ;)
  • Options
    I'm jealous of your tropical locations! They all sounds absolutely to die for! We're going to Gatlinburg, TN to spend the week in a cabin. We're also going to Dollywood, and some other touristy things. We're taking a day between the wedding and the HM for the same reasons previously listed.
  • Options

I'm jealous of your tropical locations! They all sounds absolutely to die for! We're going to Gatlinburg, TN to spend the week in a cabin. We're also going to Dollywood, and some other touristy things. We're taking a day between the wedding and the HM for the same reasons previously listed.

You must go to the Smokey Mountain Deer Farm, unless you hate all animals. FI and I were up there for Valentine's and I think he thought I was nutty saying I wanted to go to a petting zoo. It turned out to be our favorite and least expensive activity. 
  • Options
    We're going to Peru but not until September, as FI can't get enough time off work until then. Works out better anyway weather-wise for the Inca Trail so we're not too worried about it, but I'm not sure it really counts as a honeymoon at that point.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Riviera Maya for a week. Wedding fri night and we leave Sunday afternoon
  • Options
    We're going to Breathless in Punta Cana for a week! The resort looks gorgeous and is adults-only and I'M SO EXCITED.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Amsterdam! Wedding is the 2nd, but we're not leaving until May 19th. FI works for a law firm and doesn't have a ton of time off, so we're going over Memorial Day Weekend and coming home on the 25th.
  • Options
    I'm so jealous. I can't get my fiance to go anywhere. He hates traveling (not that he's ever been on a plane). I've stopped bringing up the honeymoon topic because it just frustrates me. We might be going to a cabin somewhere in the Adirondacks (New York).... He mentioned that the other night, but the wedding is in 3 weeks. I would have loved to have it booked already. Somewhere tropical sounds wonderful right now. I swear we're going to have snow on the wedding day! gah!

• Options
    emster86 said:

I'm so jealous. I can't get my fiance to go anywhere. He hates traveling (not that he's ever been on a plane). I've stopped bringing up the honeymoon topic because it just frustrates me. We might be going to a cabin somewhere in the Adirondacks (New York).... He mentioned that the other night, but the wedding is in 3 weeks. I would have loved to have it booked already. Somewhere tropical sounds wonderful right now. I swear we're going to have snow on the wedding day! gah!

We basically did not get off our butts on the honeymoon thing. I didn't know what our budget would be with us spending so much on our new house and the wedding. And then I tried to get FI to plan it, but that meant it didn't get planned. So we decided this week that we would just take the week after the wedding to do some driving distance travel - we are going to southeast coast spots, places like Charleston. I think that will be nice because the weather will be warm enough to get a little beach time, but also there are things to do and see. FI is not a huge beach person and doesn't love the hot weather. 

Maybe there is somewhere driving distance for you that you could do something similar? May will still be early in the season for a lot of beachy type places in the US. 
  • Options
    lilacck28lilacck28 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited April 2015
    We're going to Newport, RI for 5 nights, 6 days. We're getting married on a Sunday, and leaving on Tuesday. 

I LOVE the mansions, and haven't been to Newport since I was a kid. FI and I are so excited. I started making a loose agenda. They have boat tours of lighthouses and give you croissants and mimosas. Yes please. 

ps- @badbnagdway @emster86 We're from CT, so Newport is a pretty quick 2 hour drive for us, and definitely easier cost wise because of it. And since it's not quite their in-season, the prices in general are better. Plus, I'm not a big beach person either, because I end up looking like a lobster almost no matter what. I think any type of little getaway you do will be tons of fun and special, even if it's a night or two in a hotel a half hour drive away. A cabin in the adorondacks sounds pretty awesome to me. 
  • Options
    @Hummingbird125 that's where we got engaged!! We went last June and I absolutely loved it! You are going to have so much fun
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards