Chit Chat

Can someone talk some sense into me, please? Re: hair

2»

Re: Can someone talk some sense into me, please? Re: hair

• YOU DO YOU, BAE!

For serious, you'll look fantastic no matter how you do your hair. And in my experience, the "specialness" of a bride's look comes from within. Your joy will make you look special, not your hair do.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I think your hair down looks great with your dress. You are only covering a very tiny little bit of the detail. And there's probably just a clasp under there anyways. 

And I think if you do a side-swept style it will look great. But if you have it down I wouldn't move it for the ceremony. I think it looks nice under your veil (in the picture) and it might look strange if you move just your hair and not the veil. Just my opinion.
  • Your dress is fabulous!

I guess I wasn't special enough, because I wore my hair down.  Seriously, you should know not to listen to your mom by now.

• Your dress is fabulous!

I guess I wasn't special enough, because I wore my hair down.  Seriously, you should know not to listen to your mom by now.
    Thank you! And yeah, I need to work on that. The rational side of my brain is all, "Ha, mom. You're bananas. Stop talking." But then the other side of my brain is all, "Ah what do I do?!" Sometimes I'd like to jab that side with a q-tip to see if it shuts up. 
  • I wore a bridal clip in my hair and had it lightly curled. I'll post a pic when I get home. I feel more beautiful with my hair down. That's all that mattered.

I'm also really glad I did a trial because I wasn't really happy with the trial, so I did something completely different for the wedding.

Don't listen to your mom, or even your FI (even though he agrees with you). Do what you'll feel confident rocking. FWIW, your hair is beautiful. I don't think you should hide it in an updo.

Anniversary

• I rocked faux hawk on my wedding day. Per the Wedding Industrial Complex it was not very bridal. But my wife looked at me like the sun shined out of my ass, so I count it as a win.
  • Stop worrying, dumbass.

But really - there is nothing empirically more beautiful or feminine about an up-do vs. having your hair down, so stop listening to your mom. Don't tell her your hair plans, and if she brings it up, just say "thank you for your input, I will take that into consideration."

The back of your dress is beautiful, but it's not like your hair is a steel curtain that will prevent people from seeing the back. BUT - one other option would be to do it down, but pinned to the side. Like half-way between down and a side ponytail...?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited June 2015
  • First of all, you are rocking that dress like crazy!  I've been having the same dilemma about hair up/down.  My dress also has a back that I'd like to show off, but my fiance has been vocal about wanting my hair down.  I usually feel more "put together" and formal with my hair down, so I'm not opposed to it, but I always have thought of an updo as more "wedding-y."  I feel like the day is special and extraordinary, so I should feel extraordinary. I haven't done hair trials yet, but I think my love for the back of my dress is going to outweigh my desire to wear my hair down.

EITHER WAY.  You're going to look and feel gorgeous, but don't do something with your hair just because your mom talked you into it.  My mom and FMIL have been talking throughout all of mine and FI's wedding planning that they got talked into stuff they didn't want by their mothers.  And they've been wonderful by not wanting us to make the same mistakes. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Holy SHITBALLS your dress is gorgeous!!! 

Sugargirl1019 posted and actually saved it for inspiration. lol. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Thank you, ladies! I appreciate it! :) 
  • I didn't read all the comments so sorry if I am repeating! I also had an open back dress and wanted to show that so I did a "side up do" maybe something like these will give you the feeling of it down while it is up and still special;

Anniversary
  • I didn't read all the comments so sorry if I am repeating! I also had an open back dress and wanted to show that so I did a "side up do" maybe something like these will give you the feeling of it down while it is up and still special;

Yes! This is what I was trying to describe in my comment.
    BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards