Wedding Invitations & Paper

Invite / Inserts wording check

I need some help with the wording of my invites and inserts: Let me know what you think?!

Part 1. Invitation
Mr. and Mrs. loro929
request the pleasure of your company
at the marriage of their daughter
loro929 Last Name
to
loro929FI Last Name
son of Mr. loro929FI and Mrs. loro929FI
Friday the Seventh of August
Two Thousand Fifteen
at Six o'clock in the evening
Venue | City/State of Venue

(Formal)** reception to follow

------------------------------------------------------------------------
Some background info - ceremony is in a garden and reception is at same location as ceremony.

** Do I need to include the word "Formal" before "Reception to follow", it could be considered a Black Tie - wedding, but I don't want to force anyone into a tux in case they don't already have one - so I didn't know if I should specify at least that the Reception is formal? I am not sure of the etiquette on that one - help?

Part 2. Inserts

My venue is providing me with a directions insert and the accommodations are also at the venue. FI and I have worked pretty hard to make a really exhaustive website and rather than put in several inserts would like to direct our guests to our website. So, that in mind, we want to include 2 inserts - a general information insert and an RSVP insert.

The first insert will have the following wording:

~*DETAILS*~

Please join us immediately after the ceremony for cocktails, dinner and dancing at VENUE.

For more information regarding accommodations, directions and other guest information please visit our website: www.loro929andFIswedding.com

The second insert will be the RSVP insert:

~*RSVP*~

kindly respond by the 15 JULY**

M ______________________

___ Persons accept with pleasure
___ Declines with regret

** As you probably noticed in the wording of the invitation - the wedding is on August 7.
Should I send out the invitations the 1st or the 2nd week of June?
Is the RSVP date acceptable? We need to provide a final head count to the venue 14 days before the event.

Thank you so much in advance for your help - it is really appreciated!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Invite / Inserts wording check

• loro929 said:

I need some help with the wording of my invites and inserts: Let me know what you think?!

Part 1. Invitation
    Mr. and Mrs. loro929
    loro929 Last Name
    to
    loro929FI Last Name
    son of Mr. loro929FI and Mrs. loro929FI (Are they married?  If so, did she take his last name?  If both are a yes, then it should be Mr. and Mrs. John loro929FI)
    Friday the Sseventh of August
    Two Tthousand Ffifteen
    at Six o'clock in the evening
    Venue | City/State of Venue

(Formal)** Reception to follow

------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Some background info - ceremony is in a garden and reception is at same location as ceremony.

** Do I need to include the word "Formal" before "Reception to follow", it could be considered a Black Tie - wedding, but I don't want to force anyone into a tux in case they don't already have one - so I didn't know if I should specify at least that the Reception is formal? I am not sure of the etiquette on that one - help? You should never specify anything regarding attire, which is why you want to include "formal" in your invite.  The way your guests will determine the level of formality of your wedding is by the invitation, time and venue.  Unless your wedding is truly a black tie event (yes, there are specific requirements) then do not state that it is.  But you should state "Reception to follow" at the end of your invitation since your reception is in the same location as your ceremony.

Part 2. Inserts

My venue is providing me with a directions insert and the accommodations are also at the venue. FI and I have worked pretty hard to make a really exhaustive website and rather than put in several inserts would like to direct our guests to our website. So, that in mind, we want to include 2 inserts - a general information insert and an RSVP insert.

The first insert will have the following wording:

~*DETAILS*~

Please join us immediately after the ceremony for cocktails, dinner and dancing at VENUE. This is not necessary since you will be putting "Reception to follow" on your invitation.  The only reason you would need a separate insert regarding your reception is if it were taking place in a different location.

For more information regarding accommodations, directions and other guest information please visit our website: www.loro929andFIswedding.com

The second insert will be the RSVP insert:

~*RSVP*~

kindly respond by the 15 JULY**

M ______________________

___ Persons accept with pleasure
    ___ Declines with regret

** As you probably noticed in the wording of the invitation - the wedding is on August 7.
    Should I send out the invitations the 1st or the 2nd week of June?
    Is the RSVP date acceptable? We need to provide a final head count to the venue 14 days before the event.  Invitations should be sent 6-8 weeks prior to your wedding so I wouldn't send your invites any earlier then 7 June.  Your RSVP date is perfect because it allows you some time to contact any individuals who may be a bit late getting their RSVPs in.  I think it may be a good idea to include a line on your RSVP card about your guests indicating any allergies or food intolerance.

Thank you so much in advance for your help - it is really appreciated!

• @Maggie0829 FIs parents are married but FMIL did not take the last name of FFIL. So is using the format: son of Mr. loro929FI and Mrs. loro929FI-Maiden alright?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @Maggie0829 Also, Thanks so much for your help!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Since she didn't take his last name then I believe it should be Ms. First Last, but if she prefers Mrs. then I would just use that.

And you're welcome!

• Mr. and Mrs. Bridesparents

Bride's First Middle
    to
    Mr. Groom's Full Name

Friday, the seventh of August
    two thousand fifteen
    at six o'clock
    Venue
    City,State

Reception to follow

There is no good reason for the parents of the groom to appear on the invitation unless they are hosting.  The invitation is not a family tree, and it is not an honor to have your name on it.  If you absolutely MUST put their names on your invitation, it is "Ms. Jane Maidenname and Mr. John Groomsfather".
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards