Connecticut

Roll call - who's here?

edited February 2015 in Connecticut
Hi everybody. This board seems a little too quiet. Any brides grooms, parents, wedding party members, wedding guests who'd like to introduce themselves? Share a little bit about your wedding?

Re: Roll call - who's here?

• Bride- Inn at Middletown - Dec 2016!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Hi!  I'm planning a May 2016 wedding at Cobb's Mill Inn in Weston. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for answering @larad75 and @Blackbird230.

I joined TK as an MOB five years ago, met lots of interesting people on the boards so I stuck around.

DD was married at Harford City Hall and had her reception at Hartford Society Room, during Hurricane Sandy.

• May 16, 2015 bride - Mystic Arts Center! I'm in double digits!! 99 days to go :)

*******************************************************************************************

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• June 24th, 2016 bride - the Pavilion on Crystal Lake in Middletown! Seems so far away. Keep telling myself it will fly by :)

I'm always dissapointed when I jump to this board - it is very quiet. Let's get it going!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • cjr3561 - the beginning stages of planning are filled with lots of things to do. There's a lull after you get the major stuff out of then the mad rush at the end. It will be here before you know it.

• greenleightgreenleight member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited February 2015
    8/29/2015
    Bride (WoodWinds)

Hi everyone!

I've found this board to be so helpful in my planning through searching for various topics. We've literally chosen our venue, officiant, florist, hair/makeup artist, and tuxedo rental, all based on past threads and recommendations from CT knot brides - especially because I'm currently living in the Bronx and can't do as much in-person searching as I would like. I'm sad there's not much activity currently, but am hoping we can get more going! This is such an amazing resource!
  • Hi! Bride, 8/15/15 Wickham Park ceremony and Adams Mill reception!

• I'm getting married at Woodwinds 11/21/15. I think we're pretty behind in planning right now so we'll be playing catch-up in a couple weeks after I take the bar exam. Time has gone SO fast since we got engaged last March. 
  • Lurkie loo from RI board, it gets slow over there and I live on the CT line, anyhoo.  9/18 Crystal Lake in RI
  • slyleonard401 - neighbors are welcome here, too.

• November 14, 2015 bride at the Farmington Club. We are getting ready to send out our save the dates next month (a lot of out of town guests) and so far that has been the part of planning that makes me the most excited! Time is flying! 
  • Hi there! April 2016 bride, we are getting married at St. Anthonys in Prospect and the reception will be at Aria! So far we have the venue.... And that's it haha we are hoping to narrow down photographer and DJ options over the coming weeks so we can finish booking the major vendors Best of luck in planning fellow CT brides :)
  • Hi everyone!!

Can't wait to see what everyone has to share!  

We are getting married 7/30/2016 at the Eolia Mansion at Harkness State Park and I could not be more excited!

Has anyone ever been to a wedding there?  

XOXO
  • 6/13/15 Bride at Lighthouse Point in New Haven! Less than 4 months to go, and I am SO excited!
  • 6-28-2014 got married in the church i was raised in Armenian church of the holy Resurrection ceremony was a traditional Armenian orthodox ceremony, reception was at testas banquets in southington flowers were from scotts flowers of new britain, dj was volume entertainment of southington,  cake was from custom cakes by steve in hamden, gown and bridesmaid dresses were from bridal bells in berlin, studio ten in kensington did my hair and, us nails in berlin did manis and pedis for me and my maids 

weddings are ritualistic and perhaps the most beautiful part of the service is the crowning, which occurs at the end of the wedding ceremony. Crowns are considered to be a visible sign of the honour and glory that has been bestowed upon the couple in the Sacrament of Marriage. The bride and groom are symbolically crowned as king and queen of their home, their own kingdom, as a reminder for them to rule that home with justice, wisdom and integrity. 

The best man stands between the couple and holds a cross over their heads. The crowns are placed, followed by the blessing of a goblet of wine or the common cup, which the bride and groom both drink from. This is to remind them of God’s presence and blessing on their very special day, of their responsibilities as husband and wife and as future parents.  
  • Hyechica81, thanks for the description of the Armenian ceremony. My SIL is half Armenian, his father grew up in Lebanon (the middle east, not CT :) ) They had a civil ceremony so no crowns.

My DD and SIL drew from their backgrounds to personalize their wedding. For favors -nip bottles of Arak (that stuff is WOW!) from the Armenian side and Maple sugar candies from our New England and French Canadian roots. For cocktail hour, appetizers were middle eastern style hummus and baby ganoush, scallops wrapped in bacon, mini crab cakes, as well as mini potato pancakes for my husband Ukrainian side and cheese, and everyone was encouraged to try a shot of Arak at the bar or my SILs favorite drink 'Hurricane,' which was planned long before we realized Hurricane Sandy would be attending the wedding.

• @mariepoppy some churches have actual crowns that they place on you we had ropes with the armenian cross attached to it.. my husband is irish so this ceremony was new to him. we had the dj play 3 traditional armenian songs and got almost everyone on the dance floor including all of my dads side of the family who are italian and lithuanian. since me and hubby are a mix of different nationalities we tried to incorporate stuff from some of them to make it unique 
  • 6/13-15 bride at Inn @ Mystic. It seems to be coming up so fast!  
  • 6/13-15 bride at Inn @ Mystic. It seems to be coming up so fast!  

I just had my bridal shower at the Harbour House at the Inn at Mystic! It's SO gorgeous!! 

*******************************************************************************************

• @GoldenPenguin, how many guests were at your bridal shower? Is this a suitable venue for a small (less than 50 guests) wedding?

• @MairePoppy - there were probably 20-25 people there. I would say you could definitely hold a small wedding there, depending on your vision, and how they set it up. There are a few different rooms, plus a covered deck, so plenty of space for tables/eating and dancing/mingling! 

And the food was PHENOMINAL. 

• justsuziejustsuzie member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    Suzie here.  6/24/16 at Holcomb Farm in  Granby.  80 people reception.  There is a beautiful barn there that has just been remodeled.
  • Congrats. How many people could Holcomb Farm's new barn hold? Do you need to bring your own caterer?
  • You have to bring in your own everything except tables and chairs.  They can hold up to 120 inside.  (I think you would have to have the band and dance floor outside in that case.)  The new barn is absolutely beautiful with a  fireplace, kitchen, bathrooms, and bar area.  
  • cj3561cj3561 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    @knottie1427322490 - we're date twins! :D Yay for Friday weddings.

I know I posted awhile back but literally EVERYTHING has changed. We ditched our original venue (Crystal Lake in Middletown with CT Wedding Group) and went with the Garden House at Keeler Tavern in Ridgefield. So happy we made the switch and so excited! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This is why we can't have nice things.
  • cjr3561... just changed the date to 6/25/16.  We need the night before to setup.  DIY is cheaper but much more setup time.  I hope it's worth it!

I looked at Crystal Lake too.  It just didn't seem worth it at their prices.  Hope you love your new place!  Have you started any planning?
  • Hi there. 11/28/15 at the Society Room of Hartford. Still deciding on the ceremony site either in the Atrium at the Hartford City Hall, or at the Society Room! I agree it's a little quiet around here.

• Hi there. 11/28/15 at the Society Room of Hartford. Still deciding on the ceremony site either in the Atrium at the Hartford City Hall, or at the Society Room! I agree it's a little quiet around here.
    My daughter was marrried at Hartford City Hall and had her reception at Society Room. 

• Would you mind direct messaging me? I have so many questions about the city hall set up and how that works and of its worth the hassle. I'm sure you experienced how unavailable Kejuan Dillard is when getting back to people.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards