Chit Chat
Options

Talk to me about Sewing Machines

I've recently started to get a little more "crafty" than I've ever been.  I have started knitting and crocheting and am seeing lots of little sewing projects that I'd love to try.  Definitely a beginner, but if I start sewing a lot I don't want to end up have to upgrade really soon.  So I guess I don't want something cheap and tiny, but I don't need it to do a million stitches either.  Do any of you sew?  What are you favorite machines?  Any projects you love?  

Talk to me!

Re: Talk to me about Sewing Machines

• Options
    As far as sewing machines go, my honest recommendation is to go to amazon and read reviews. 

I haven't really used mine yet, but I got mine from there, after double checking with a friend who sews like a mad woman.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm actually curious about this. I've been looking into learning some sort of hobby, like crocheting again or sewing. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • Options
    I'm brand new to sewing. As in JUST bought a machine and I'm trying to figure it out. It's a Brother, but I don't remember the model #. I like it so far, but I'm an amateur. 

I agree with reading reviews on Amazon, that's how I chose mine.
    *********************************************************************************

• Options
    Unless you want to get super artsy fartsy with machine embroidery, a basic machine with a few stitch options (straight and zigzag with stretch stitch options) will do everything you need it to do. It's the various presser feet that will really help you get a good result with your sewing and they don't cost much to add and build up a collection.
  • Options
    julieanne912julieanne912 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I registered for this guy, it had pretty good reviews, the highest rated one was about $50 or 60 more. http://www.amazon.com/Brother-XL2600I-Affordable-25-Stitch-Free-Arm/dp/B000F7DPEQ/ref=wr_it_dp_o_nS_nC?ie=UTF8&colid=2X2LTRB4467PK&coliid=I2AUBSPAKNE8BV

I know the basics of sewing since my mom is a great seamstress but would like to be able to do things like hem pants/dresses and make things like pillow covers and curtains  
    Married 9.12.15
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards