Not Engaged Yet

Too-Tired-For-A-Cute-Title Thursday

Good morning!

We survived another near-hit by a tornado last night.  We got to use our tornado shelter for the first time since we got it installed.  The dogs did great, and it was a fairly smooth run.  We hadn't packed our emergency bags yet because it's a little early in the season, but I think we did alright!  After we got the all clear to come out, we collapsed on the couch and watched some Friends on Netflix.

I could not sleep last night.  Too much adrenaline!!  I grabbed a Flat White this morning because I have to work late...  I have my performance review and a big formal proposal this afternoon, so I need to get my game on.  I look pretty professional today, so hopefully the extra caffeine will give me enough of a boost to rock my two big meetings this afternoon.

So what does everyone think about this plane crash in Europe this week?  I have been trying to follow the story and this morning they say it might have been intentional.  Eek!

What's going on with everyone today?

Re: Too-Tired-For-A-Cute-Title Thursday

• This is where I used to get gas, across the street from my parents' house.  Thankfully they only have minor damage!  We are still trying to get back everything we lost from the May 2013 tornado, so I am very, very glad that we managed to get through this one.
  • @TwoDimes - Can I come eat your wedding food please?!?
  • @CocoBellaF That's so scary!!! So glad you are okay!

@TwoDimes Oh my NOMS!!! That menu sounds delectable and I am totally drooling at my desk!

Last night I finally finished all the laundry from vacation. We vegged and watched Idol and crashed pretty early. We're still trying to get back into routine after our time away.

It's supposed to be really warm here today, although it's also supposed to rain all day. Anything that will get rid of the last of this snow is okay by me! 
    friends tv show funy
  • @CocobellaF -I'm glad y'all are safe! So Scary!!

@TwoDimes LOADED NACHO BAR.

Today is my Friday whoop! Tonight we are having taco night and working out of course. I have to have a locksmith come and unlock my car because we found my keys in there lol. My spare key doesn't work on my car? I'm so confused by that and actually quite irritated. I should get a new key for free!

Tomorrow morning we will pack and head to South Georgia for a wedding. DH is the best man so we have to be there for the rehearsal dinner. Saturday is the wedding and I'm so excited to sleep in and lounge around. Maddux is staying with my parents this week so they can have some extra puppy snuggles and kisses. 

We come home on Sunday and I'm thinking we need to get started on some packing before the end of April rolls around.
  • @CocoBellaF - I'm glad you were safe from the tornado. My HS town was hit by an F5 tornato once and I still can't believe all the damage that occoured. I also heard about that plane crash on the radio this morning. Sounded like the pilot was locked out of the cabin and the co-pilot intentionally crashed the plane. They made it sound like he had severe depression. So sad - they also said everyone knew they were nose-diving for 9 minutes. I cannot even imagine...

@TwoDimes - I LOVE your wedding menu! You are going to have some very happy guests!!!

H and I had an appointment with the hospital coordinator last night. It's so nice because they do all your paperwork in advance so you don't have to worry about it the day of your delivery! Afterwords we went to Ted's Montana Grill for dinner as a treat. SO GOOD! I had the Bison Short Ribs...delish! I was only able to eat 1/2 ...so guess what's also for dinner tonight!!

• @CocoBellaF - They were talking about the tornado(es?) on the radio this morning, glad you were safe!

@TwoDimes - Nacho bar?!  That's amazing!  <Isn't funny that's all we've gotten out of your post ;) )

@SouthernPeach89 - Have fun at the wedding!!

Today - so far - I got nothin'

Anniversary
  • @CocoBellaF - So glad you are safe!

@TwoDimes - All of that food sounds delicious!

------------------------------------------------------------------

I just have another boring day at work today. I hate working downtown because I have to get up so much earlier to get here on time and I am not a morning person. But at least I'm getting paid a ton of overtime this week because they are so short-staffed I'm working longer hours, with shorter lunches, and I have to work Saturday. 

• @cocobellaf - glad you were safe in the storms! good luck on your meetings today! and yes, i have been following the plane crash stuff. so scary.

@twodimes - that all sounds amazing, especially the late night nacho bar!

i have a client meeting today so last night i had to go find something "business casual" to wear...i didnt want to wear anything that required heels since there will be a lot of walking, so i ended up with a black skirt that im wearing with boots and a jean jacket and flowery scarf. the other guy who is going with me in wearing cords and a button down shirt so i think i did ok. i feel like guys have it easier with that stuff, for some reason.
    i also have to introduce myself at our department meeting this morning and give an embarrassing story. i want it to be good but i dont want to start off my time here with a story like "one time i got locked out of my house doing a walk of shame". those stories will come later....
    other than that im back to bootcamp tonight....
  • @TwoDimes - I love literally every single thing on your menu. AWESOME choices!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • @bethsmiles - yay for overtime!
  • @jenjen047 - Telling an embarrassing story seems like such an odd requirement!

• @allusive007 - I can't imagine either.  That is just heart-breaking.

@southernpeach89 - A spare key that doesn't work on your car?  I think you need a new one for free, too!

My formal proposal meeting for this afternoon got cancelled (I had this feeling it would) so I don't have to work late after all.  Hooray!!
  • nycgal85nycgal85 member
    First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @CocoBellaF - So relieved you guys are safe and sound. I don't know how you do it out there, I would be a wreck all spring/summer! I grew up in NE Ohio and while tornados were rare, one ripped through my parents town in May 2001 and did serious damage to homes and businesses. We were very lucky, the tornado "jumped" over my neighborhood but took out the neighborhood before and the neighborhood after my parents to the point of leveling all the homes. 

@TwoDimes - That sounds amazing!!! Nom nom

@southernpeach89 - Enjoy YOUR Friday, and have fun at the wedding!

@allusive007 - How was Ted's? There's one in NYC and FI and I talked about going there, we saw it listed on Restaurant Week but then we realized it was a chain. But the menu still looked awesome, they had bison!

@jenjen047 - That's weird, an embarrassing story? Perhaps the goal is to break down comfort zones or something? Seems like an odd request when you're being introduced to staff.

---------------------------

I'm glad it's almost the weekend, it's been another rough week. Thankfully I had therapy last night. Apparently getting engaged has dredged up some seriously deep rooted issues that I thought I had a better handle on. I also decided to start taking my prozac continuously instead of just during the luteal phase. Partly because my cycle has been so screwed up this month (stress?) that I don't know when I'm symptomatic, and partly because I take such a low dose to begin with it might be helpful to have that stability consistently. Even my therapist said when she got married her supervisor joked "family prescription for prozac!" because of all the stress.
  • @Twodimes your wedding menu sounds so good!

@cocobellaF I am so glad you guys are ok!

@southernpeach89 yay for your Friday!

I am in a much better mood today.  I just feel a bit tired, at least tomorrow is Friday.  I need to get motivated to start working out again after work.  That is my goal today, to spend some time on my elliptical.  I really need to stick to something.

Anniversary

• @CocoBellaF I'm so glad you guys are safe! I hope it's the only tornado that comes through your town this year!

@TwoDimes All of your food sounds amazing, but OMG LATE NIGHT NACHOS! That is awesome!

@southernpeach89 I'm so glad you found your keys! I hate that they were in your car, but at least you know no one picked them up. That's so weird that your spare key didn't work...

@allusive007 Bison short ribs is making me drool... that sounds delicious!

@bethsmiles Overtime pay is awesome, even if the work itself sucks. Are you and your BF going to do something fun with some of the extra money? Maybe go out to a nice dinner or something?

---------------------------
    I feel like a zombie today. I woke up sore and felt like I hadn't slept at all, and FI seemed to be in a similar boat. We really need either a new mattress or a mattress topper ASAP. I've got 2 teabags of my crack tea in my tea mug right now... I need ALL the caffeine!

Our CRM is down again at work, but it's worse than normal. I can't even log in to look at records and metrics. I am completely useless. Yesterday my coworkers went to lunch on the company dime and left at 2:30 because there was absolutely nothing they could do without access to the CRM. Today may be very similar if our IT team can't fix the issue.

I'm off tomorrow to go try on my dress (eek!), have lunch with my mom, and then go to a dentist appointment. I need to clean the apartment a bit as well because Friday night our friends and their daughter are coming over to celebrate one of the friend's birthday. Saturday we have another friend's birthday celebration, so by Sunday I'll be wiped out. 

The chicken pot pie turned out really well last night. It wasn't the prettiest thing in the world, but it was delicious. I think yesterday I typed out a general idea of how FI and I make it, but I should add that we cook the chicken before we mix it in with the cream of chicken and the mixed veggies, and that the pie should be cooked at 400 degrees for 30 minutes, not 40 minutes. 

I hope everyone has a lovely Thursday!

• labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@CocoBellaF So glad you were safe!

@TwoDimes OMG LATE NIGHT NACHO BARRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We're crashing. It's official.

@southernpeach89 I'm sneaking over to mom and dad's house for some Maddux snuggles this weekend! Have fun!

@nycgal85 I'm sorry you're feeling so stressed over wedding planning already. Remember that it's just one day and the more important part is your married life AFTER the wedding. That's what it's all about.

H and I were listening to the radio this morning when they officially announced the co-pilot's involvement in the Germanwings plane crash in the Alps. I literally had shivers running down my spine during the whole announcement. It's so terrifying....I don't even want to think about what was going through the passengers minds while the main pilot was banging on the door and trying to get in to the cockpit. It's such a horrible horrible tragedy.

Apparently the co-pilot had only been with the company for a few months and only had a few hundred hours of flight experience with that particular plane model.

• @CocoBellaF - I'm honestly not excited that you got to use your tornado shelter for the first time....... *stern face*

@TwoDimes - Bacon wrapped dates are pretty much my favorite thing in the whole world. BF and I used to make them just for ourselves all the time! Haha

-----------------------------------

I don't have much to say about my day, so here are just a couple of random things.

I decided to audition for Into The Woods by singing "Find Your Grail" from Spamalot. I sing it like a black woman. I'm pretty proud of that. Auditions are in a couple of weeks.

Being on top during sex is SO much easier since I've been running. Just something I've noticed. I used to give up pretty easily, haha.

Question: What do y'all do with crock pot stuff when it's not meant to be soupy? Cuz a lot of things I cook end up really liquidy by the end, but when I drain the liquid out it loses a lot of the flavor. Any tricks?

• @nycgal85 - Ted's is a chain, but they have REALLY good food! You can get any of their burgers with bison instead of beef. They also have a lot of other bison items: meatloaf, pot roast, short ribs, etc. We love it, but it's a little pricy so it's not somewhere we go all the time. Would highly recommend though! Especially if you like bison.
  • @eilis1228 - I'll probably end up just throwing it into my savings. I'm trying to be better about budgeting and saving.

@labro - I heard the thing about the co-pilot on my way into work this morning too. It's so sad and horrifying. I don't even want to imagine how horrible it must have been to be on that plane.

@nycgal85 - I will second @allusive007's recommendation for Ted's. It's really fantastic!

• @AlPacina - LOL.  Unexpected benefits of exercise!
  • CocoBellaF Glad you guys were safe and that your parents only experienced minor damage. 

TwoDimes I want all that food!  When they put out the late night snack, make sure an announcement is made.  My best friend had a late night snack and it was barely touched because no one realized it was there (the venue had the table in a corner opposite their candy bar).  

southernpeach89 Glad you find the key! Definitely bring both keys to the dealership so you can get a spare key that actually works.

I was reading about the plane crash.  It sounds like the co-pilot was having some sort of mental breakdown or it was completely deliberate. It is really sad and terrifying. 

• @nycgal85 - sorry to hear about the issues you mentioned. i second @labro by saying that try to remember its just one day. and also keep perspective on what sorts of things you and/or your guests will notice instead of stressing over things that most people wont notice on the day of. in college i worked for a wedding planner and part of the decor for one wedding included scattering rose petals on the tables. however, the bride came in and was very upest because she didnt want any rose petals touching each other. lady, if youre paying attention to rose petals on your wedding day and not focusing on your husband, family, guests, the moment, etc. you are missing the big picture.

@bethsmiles and @nycgal85 - yes i think the embarrassing story is meant to break the ice. i told the story of being pecked by a rooster at a petting zoo when i was a kid and how that has since made me very jumpy around anything that flies, including butterflies. everyone thinks they are pretty and stuff and really they just freak me out.

@eilis1228 - YAY for dress! glad the pot pie turned out well....im thinking i should make something extra yummy for dinner tonight

@alpacina - hahahaha  maybe they should list that as a benefit of working out and i bet more people would jump on the wagon!
  • @TwoDimes I say go for it. The only issue I could see would be if your hair looked too formal for a wedding guest. Are you doing an updo?

• TwoDimes said:

Random WR-WWYD: 

The place where I think I'm going to have my hair and makeup done for the wedding requires that I have my trial within two weeks of the wedding so that they can remember everything from the trial. I think I'm going to have another trial in addition to this, because I want to make sure I like the everything, and I don't feel comfortable waiting until just two weeks before the wedding without knowing if I will like everything (what if I hate it and have to scramble to find another place?!). So I'll probably end up with two trials. My question is: FI's cousin is getting married exactly two weeks before our wedding.... would you do the late trial that day? That way the makeup and hair will be tested at an ACTUAL wedding. You know, withstanding sweaty dancing and whatnot. BUT..... half of our guests will obviously be at FI's cousin's wedding. Would it be weird for them to see what my hair and makeup looks like before the wedding? I mean, obviously I'm not going to go around announcing, "This is my wedding hair and makeup!" like an idiot, and I don't expect people to remember it... but does it kind of spoil the surprise of my bridal "moment" or something? Am I over thinking? Just looking for WWYD opinions from NEYers :)
    I would do the hair trial and makeup that day.  Since it is the second time they are doing the trial maybe ask them to do it loose so it isn't exactly how you will have it for the wedding, but honestly I don't think anyone will notice if your hair is the same.
  • agree with @speakeasy14 and @eilis1228 - doubtful anyone will notice and will be a great opportunity to kill 3 birds with 1 stone: get  your trial, have hair and make up taken care of for FI's cousins wedding, and test hair and makeup during dancing etc.
  • @twodimes, awesome menu!

@cocobellaf, glad that you're ok.

Today FI and I are meeting with the hotel to set the final menu and deal with a couple other detail-y kinds of things. The entrees are set, so we'll go with a crowd-pleasing potato and the veggie is chef's choice anyway. We'll have bar snacks for later in the evening (caramel popcorn, snack mix, and chips). We'll also set what time salad should be served. The goal is to go from kiss to salad as quickly as possible.

Otherwise I'm reviewing proposals again today. Yay. Lunch with my DB, that should be nice if his classes are going well.
  • @twodimes Nothing to stress over. I see it as a benefit and extra day of pampering for you. 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    @TwoDimes You are over-thinking. Even if you DID happen to mention something, I doubt most people would really remember. Plus the day-of hair and make-up always seems to end up somehow more glamorous anyway. Plusalso I totally recommend doing hair and makeup on a day when you definitely know you're getting dressy and going out!! 

• @TwoDimes As long as it's not too formal, then you're good to go. :) I think that's a perfect way to test out the hair and makeup too-- you'll get a chance to see how well it will hold up for you while you drink and dance the night away.

• @twodimes also, I didn't do a hair trial at all and my hair was freakin fantastic :)  So feel free not to worry about this one too much!  A trial is a trial.  Worst case is you absolutely hate it - then you can hopefully fix it before the wedding.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards