Nevada-Las Vegas

Nails? Eyelash extensions?

Hi all,
I am eloping to Vegas next year from the UK. We're getting married at the Little White Chapel, and a few days later, we're flying to Disney World in Orlando for our honeymoon.

I will do my own nails for the wedding, but was hoping to have some funky Disney themed nail art before we fly to Orlando. Any tips of where to go that is good and won't cost a fortune.. and that is easy to get to?

Also would like to get eyelash extensions. The prices at the Bellagio (where we are staying) start at $200. Is that me or does that sound terribly expensive? I want something that will last for the next 10 days, but that does sound a bit excessive. Any recommendations? Thanks!

Re: Nails? Eyelash extensions?

• Why not get the little stickers of Mickey Mouse's head and a dash of glitter polish and just cover a your tips with a whole lot of clear coat? If you're already skilled enough to do 'em for your wedding, why not just do something small to take you from 'wedding' to 'honeymoon'?

PS, love the Disney World idea. We were originally thinking a Disney wedding, but then we realized that no one other than us would enjoy it.

As for eyelash extensions, I'd try them locally first before making the leap and getting them done at the Bellagio. If it's anything like hair extensions, it could be disastrous if you're not familiar with them. I have no experience with them direct, but I'd love to hear feedback in general!
  • @xoeden, I had extensions done over here for £40 and they looked fantastic and lasted about a week to 10 days. They come in different lengths and the longest ones I wouldn't recommend because although they look good, they scrape against your sunglasses! :-)

Yes, I guess I could do my own, and that might always be an option, I guess. But I was hoping for some over the top nail art.

So excited about Disney, I went when I was 8 and when I was 14. I'm 42 now so a trip back is way overdue! My other half has never been and he's very excited too :-)
  • @xoeden, I had extensions done over here for £40 and they looked fantastic and lasted about a week to 10 days. They come in different lengths and the longest ones I wouldn't recommend because although they look good, they scrape against your sunglasses! :-)

Yes, I guess I could do my own, and that might always be an option, I guess. But I was hoping for some over the top nail art.

So excited about Disney, I went when I was 8 and when I was 14. I'm 42 now so a trip back is way overdue! My other half has never been and he's very excited too :-)
    I have always wanted to try eyelash extensions, and that's a great tip to know! Especially for glasses wearin' girls like me.

Maybe @vegasgroom has some recommendations for nail places, since I think he's a local and his wife might have some ideas.

I'm excited for you to go to Disney! That'll be a future trip for us; I've done Disneyland twice and he's done Disneyworld twice, but never the other way around.
  • Not a local, just go a lot. :-)

My wife had Francesca for hair & makeup and she had her do the eyelash extensions as well.  She loved them and they lasted at least through our honeymoon.  No idea on nails; she got those done before flying out.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Oh, and the price for the eyelashes was nowhere close to $200; that sounds like typical Bellagio pricing.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• Where I get mine done, they are $75.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Thank you for that @vegasgroom, I thought so! Will look into other options. 
  • If you're willing to travel off the strip there are some awesome nail places out here. The top three that come to mind are:

Polished (pretty well known out here)
    The nail room
    bond nail lounge

I would definitely make an appointment. These places are usually booked out and you'd be waiting all day as a walk in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards