Chit Chat

TGIF! Weekend plans?

This has been the worst week at work so I am VERY thankful that it is Friday.

Tonight I am going with a group of friends to the Blackhawks game so I am excited, just hoping traffic isn't too bad going into the city!

Tomorrow I can't wait to sleep in! Then I have shopping and dinner planned with some friends.

Sunday I will probably go to church for Palm Sunday and then I have a family dinner. Has anyone ever eaten at Seasons 52? So good! I am excited for my parents to try it for the first time!

What's everyone else up to this weekend??

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: TGIF! Weekend plans?

• Haha damn, you beat me to the punch! I just started a Friday thread! I'll edit mine out!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • We're going to pick up our marriage licenses and then we have a Jack and Jill shower on Saturday. Not the money grabbing Jack and Jill, just a shower with both men and women.

Sunday is sleep in day. :)
  • Haha, sorry! I was looking and didn't see one and it's always my favorite to read!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sounds fun! 

This weekend I'm on a mission to make a homemade belly butter to (hopefully) prevent stretch marks. So I'm doing that Saturday and then going out to dinner with my mom.

I'm watching basketball tonight - I get super into March Madness. And we got a new TV that's super nice so I'm really excited to watch something on it. 

We'll also go to church for Palm Sunday and then probably hit brunch with some people. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'll post mine here:

Tonight is game night! It's my favorite night of the month! We get together with some of our closest friends and get wasted while playing board games. What could be better than that?

This weekend, we are unpacking and painting our new house. I feel like my life is run by unpacking and laundry. I hope we can get it all done this weekend.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • novella1186, how exciting! Do you have a theme or know where it is?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Ooh have fun at your shower @novella1186!

My weekend is going to be a lot of sleeping to try and fend off whatever this ickiness is that's trying to attack me. I've had a headache and body aches for a couple days now and I REFUSE to get the flu. Luckily I don't have a fever. 

I need to decide on a couple more paint colors for the new house, too! If anyone is near an Ace Hardware, they have BOGO Clark and Kensington paint now through Sunday. I got the dark teal for the shutters and a light minty aqua for Tidbit's room last night, and I'd like to get some for the living/dining rooms and maybe our bedroom while it's on sale. H wants to see a sample of the color I want for the breakfast nook in person so I might just buy the white paint and have my dad tint it later once we decide for sure (he manages another store further away).

• hicoco said:

novella1186, how exciting! Do you have a theme or know where it is?

I saw the invite; it looks like it's tea party themed and very pink and girly lol, and I know it's at the country club in my hometown. But my aunt-- aka the host-- won't tell me anything else cuz she wants it all to be a surprise. So the suspense is killing me! 
  • lolo883! I hope you feel better! 
  • southernbelle0915 said:Sounds fun! 
    This weekend I'm on a mission to make a homemade belly butter to (hopefully) prevent stretch marks. So I'm doing that Saturday and then going out to dinner with my mom.
    I'm watching basketball tonight - I get super into March Madness. And we got a new TV that's super nice so I'm really excited to watch something on it. 
    We'll also go to church for Palm Sunday and then probably hit brunch with some people. 

For some bizarre reason I thought this was something you eat and I was thinking OMG belly butter sounds
    delicous! I think I'm just really hungry :(

Tonight I'm going to happy hour, it's a happy hour for my work bestie's "last day" in his old department. We really just find any excuse to drink in this company.

Tomorrow, not much planned. Maybe brunch. I want to go to brunch.. I wanted to go last week but we ended up visiting FMIL. So yes. FI owes me brunch after that one.

Sunday we're going paintballing for FI's cousin's bday.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Tonight: Spin, then cooking dinner and relaxing. And wine. 

Saturday: My grandma's coming home for the rehab facility, so I'll be over there most of the day. 

Sunday: Brunch with my friend 
  • I spent too much money on playoff Blackhawks tickets and now I'm in trouble so I probably won't do much this weekend. Grocery shop, cook and clean. 

But I like nice boring weekends. 
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Just skiing again. We're leaving right after work.

But it might freaking rain, so we might be in for an icy, slushy time. Booooooooooo.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We're throwing a surprise 30th birthday party for one of my friends at our house. I'll spend most of the day cleaning and prepping, but I love hosting parties so I'm excited. 

I'm most excited about the cake I'm baking her: white cake with strawberry filling and champagne buttercream. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Today is one of my best friend's birthday so I think we are going out dancing. NC State plays Louisville tonight, so we'll probably watch some of the game too.

I have to work a tennis clinic (just supervise, I can't play tennis) Saturday and then a concert in the park. 

Sunday I'm running the annual Egg Hunt for the Town. 

• We have absolutely nothing planned for this weekend, which is glorious!  I've gotten a 100% yes response rate for my side of RSVPs we sent out, so I'm going to start working on seating arrangements probably and have my FSD start writing on the chalkboard I bought.  I probably will also start working on sketching out my time line and putting together the BMs' gift bags. 

• We leave on vacation on Tuesday night (taking a red-eye).    This weekend is just getting ready for the dog sitter, packing and other random stuff to get ready to leave for 9 days.   

We still haven't gotten a hotel room for the night we return.  I really need to get on that I guess.  We are returning after 11 pm and do not want to drive the 3.5 hours home.  Not that we could drive home anyway.   There are no Nissan dealerships around here, so we are leaving our car at the one in Denver.  They will obvisously be closed by the time we get in.   Bonus is we get our car worked on and we do not have to pay for parking at the airport.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Ouu everyone's up to so many fun things!

I think I'll just be relaxing tonight, then tomorrow going to a hockey game! Super excited for that as it's been a while since I've been. Then Sunday my dad's in town so we're going to lunch.

Pretty low key weekend compared to the rest of the month but I'm not complaining!

Formerly martha1818

• Tonight, I'll be trying to finish our thank you cards.

Tomorrow, we'll be trying to pack up the majority of the stuff we don't use every day (we're moving to a nicer apt)

Sunday, I'm just going to chill.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I feel like poop today. I've had a nagging tickle in my throat  all week and last night it culminated in me hacking all night. So now I'm exhausted and my throat is all scratchy. So I'll probably go for a walk tonight and then take it easy.

FI bought a couple bottles of wine yesterday and tomorrow we are going to buckle down on favour boxes and flowers (we're using fake). We head down to my parents after easter for a weekend and we want to take down as much wedding stuff as we can and store it there instead of in our small place. so the more stuff we have done the better.

• @littlepep, I love hosting as well!! It makes me so happy. I hope the party goes well!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Also the space bar on my computer is acting whacko. Sometimes it wont put a space. Othertimes it sticks down and goes on a space rampage.

It's going to be a long workday......
  • I dropped my hairbrush in the toilet this morning, so my Friday started off great!

No plans tonight, tomorrow I'm going for my second dress fitting, and probably dinner afterwords.

Sunday, no plans! Yea!

• Yay! All good weekends! @novella1186 and @sal2015, enjoy your showers!

Tonight I think I get to cut grass! I really am excited about it. Nobody pesters me when I'm cutting grass. Plus it's easy to see your progress, especially when the grass is as out of hand as ours is. 

We have a street festival/bike races going on here tomorrow. FI may have to work for one of the restaurants downtown for it, but his boss has kind of hinted that he wants him to taste test the menu too, so there's that.

I also think the first farmer's market of the season is tomorrow morning (to coincide with the festival). So I really want to go to that. 

Sunday... finishing the laundry I started last weekend. I am a terrible horrible laundry person. FI and I have enough clothes that we can generally go without washing for a while, except our work pants. Of course, all that means is that laundry winds up being 15 gajillion loads when I finally get off my ass and do it. So it takes me a while. And I'll probably wash the little dog. I'm going to watch the weather Sunday morning, and if it gets warm enough I may trim her coat down to summer length. She's more than a little ridiculous right now.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Yay! All good weekends! @novella1186 and @sal2015, enjoy your showers!

Tonight I think I get to cut grass! I really am excited about it. Nobody pesters me when I'm cutting grass. Plus it's easy to see your progress, especially when the grass is as out of hand as ours is. 

We have a street festival/bike races going on here tomorrow. FI may have to work for one of the restaurants downtown for it, but his boss has kind of hinted that he wants him to taste test the menu too, so there's that.

I also think the first farmer's market of the season is tomorrow morning (to coincide with the festival). So I really want to go to that. 

Sunday... finishing the laundry I started last weekend. I am a terrible horrible laundry person. FI and I have enough clothes that we can generally go without washing for a while, except our work pants. Of course, all that means is that laundry winds up being 15 gajillion loads when I finally get off my ass and do it. So it takes me a while. And I'll probably wash the little dog. I'm going to watch the weather Sunday morning, and if it gets warm enough I may trim her coat down to summer length. She's more than a little ridiculous right now.
    OMG I miss mowing the lawn. We mowed about 6 acres at my old house, and I loved just zoning out on the tractor, out in the sun, baaaack and foooorth all day. So relaxing! 

• almost every week since the auto show i have been excited for the weekend? why you ask? because of all the annoying calls we get. and if i want to read i can actually READ! 

this weekend not sure of what we will do we havent done much because we cant work on the house anymore because its out of our ability to fix it. needs to be nice enough i can plant stuff. i want to garden again.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards