Not Engaged Yet
Options

Board Games - Are we missing anything cool?

Ok, this is kind of WR and NWR. For the entertainment at our reception, FI and I are putting out a table of board games. I'd like input on our list, and generally if we're missing something really cool, I'd like to know that too.

Age of Steam
Apples to Apples (2 copies)
Backgammon
Bananagrams
Candy Land (I've got bets on who reaches for this first)
Chess
Checkers
Chutes and Ladders (see: Candy Land)
C-Jump
Clue
Elemensus (Scrabble with the periodic table as tiles)
Go
Farkle
Flapjacks and Sasquatches
Mancala
Monopoly
Rory's Story Cubes
Scrabble (2 copies)
Sequence (1 copy, looking for a second)
Set
Skip-Bo
Sorry!
Stratego
Sushi Go
The Game of Life
Tricked-Out hero
Trivial Pursuit Steal
Uno (3 copies)
Yahtzee

8 decks of cards (I'm a junkie for card games)
5 decks of pinochle cards
2 sets of dominos
1 set for Texas Hold'em

Can't have CAH at the wedding (too many family members with no sense of humor), but we're going to get a copy in the near-ish future.

Re: Board Games - Are we missing anything cool?

• Options
    I don't have anything to add because that's a great list and sounds so fun!
  • Options
    @Twodimes, we're big into board games, so we'll get a lot of use out of these (we had a ton before we even started picking up a few extras for the wedding). We'll probably have 80-90 guests after all the RSVPs come in, and I have no clue how many will play, but we'll have them available.
  • Options
    Looks like an awesome list to me.  Between your food and the games, I would like to come to your wedding! 
  • Options
    Oh and I forgot:

Monty Python Fluxx
  • Options
    Holy moly that is a ton of board games! I love it! Jenga is also super fun especially after a few lol but I think you have enough!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Options

CAH is my favorite! But yes, it's probably not the best idea for a wedding if some people aren't really the crowd for it.

The only game I really love that isn't on there is Settlers of Catan but it's not worth buying just for your wedding, generally it's around $50, when you already have such a great selection of games. Plus, it's a bit intense/long for a wedding I think. But I still suggest checking it out! Also, Ticket to Ride is really fun! Personally, I enjoy the European version more than the US version. I think there's an Asian version too.

• Options
    You have a great list of games there.  I MIGHT take stratego off because it's 2-player only (if I remember correctly). 

The ones I noticed NOT on the list would be (but you really don't need to add any more) - Scattergories (maybe  you could even make up wedding cards for it?) and also Ticket to Ride.

Anniversary
  • Options
    @dignity100, Stratego is 2-player, but it's on by request. I'm going to have to check out Ticket to Ride - that's two people so far who think it's awesome.
  • Options
    Seconding @Dignity100 on Scattergories, my family has so many inside jokes that came from that game.
  • Options
    Our favorite is Telestrations. It's a really funny game that everyone enjoys playing when we have a game night. But your list is great. I definitely want to check out a few of your games to add to our collection.
  • Options
    We love Ticket to Ride! Bang and Tsuro are both really fun group games too.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

Our favorite is Telestrations. It's a really funny game that everyone enjoys playing when we have a game night. But your list is great. I definitely want to check out a few of your games to add to our collection.

Yes, telestrations is so fun! We never bothered buying the actual game though. We just use paper to make it ourselves.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards