Pre-wedding Parties

In Need Of Conservative, Affordable Bachlorette Party Ideas

Hi there Knotties, I was hoping you guys could help me brainstorm ideas for my best friend's bachelorette party this upcoming summer. The wedding is August 15th but due to some other events, we're having the party on the 17th-18thish of July.

The bride is a tad conservative, so we're looking for some clean fun and the other 4 bridesmaids are very tight on money. 3 of the bridesmaids and the bride work at a preschool that barely provides in the summer due to the change in the demand.

We had originally considered doing a weekend at Downtown Disney, but upon privately speaking with of the bridesmaids, this won't be doable without cutting someone out and that would just be ridiculous.

I'm OOT MOH and everyone else is all concentrated in a very small town. So a local outing is not quite doable. (By small I mean, 3 stop lights and a grocery store). So either way we'll be trekking a little bit somewhere, there is a large town about an hour away that most of us frequent.

Some ideas we've already come up with;

1. Visiting me on the east coast (2 hours away), spending the day time thrifting for ugly dresses, then going paintballing in said dresses (I found a good groupon)
  2. Lunch in the town an hour from them, then manis and pedis

That's all we've come up with and no one seems too keen on them. I'm really hoping to have a great party for my young bride, but seem really down on ideas. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!!

Re: In Need Of Conservative, Affordable Bachlorette Party Ideas

• I forgot to mention, because I totally had that idea, the bride absolutely hates the beach. But maybe a good old fashioned picnic! Thanks for the idea!
  • Hi there Knotties, I was hoping you guys could help me brainstorm ideas for my best friend's bachelorette party this upcoming summer. The wedding is August 15th but due to some other events, we're having the party on the 17th-18thish of July.

The bride is a tad conservative, so we're looking for some clean fun and the other 4 bridesmaids are very tight on money. 3 of the bridesmaids and the bride work at a preschool that barely provides in the summer due to the change in the demand.

We had originally considered doing a weekend at Downtown Disney, but upon privately speaking with of the bridesmaids, this won't be doable without cutting someone out and that would just be ridiculous.

I'm OOT MOH and everyone else is all concentrated in a very small town. So a local outing is not quite doable. (By small I mean, 3 stop lights and a grocery store). So either way we'll be trekking a little bit somewhere, there is a large town about an hour away that most of us frequent.

Some ideas we've already come up with;

1. Visiting me on the east coast (2 hours away), spending the day time thrifting for ugly dresses, then going paintballing in said dresses (I found a good groupon)
    2. Lunch in the town an hour from them, then manis and pedis

That's all we've come up with and no one seems too keen on them. I'm really hoping to have a great party for my young bride, but seem really down on ideas. Please let me know if you have any suggestions!!

Bowling.  Lazer Tag.  Mini golf.  Dueling piano bar.  Sporting event - minor league for cheaper tickets.  Painting class.  Cooking class.  Jewelry-making class.  Ooh, a Belly Dancing class!  I've taken a few belly dancing classes through my community center.  It's an amazing exercise and it's sexy without being sleazy, so it can be good for a more conservative group.
  • I forgot to mention, because I totally had that idea, the bride absolutely hates the beach. But maybe a good old fashioned picnic! Thanks for the idea!

Book a room at a hotel with a pool and spend the day in the pool and hot tub.  Go for an old fashioned picnic and find a playground to play on the swings.
  • Bowling! 

We go once a year with a group of friends for a birthday. It's always a great time. Great opportunity to just hang out and chat, eat greasy food, drink cheap beer and act silly.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Does a nearby city offer private wine & canvas events? 

You could do a cooking class. Picnic. Bowling. Cheap (or free) concert. Baseball game. Movie night. 
  • ElcaB said:

Does a nearby city offer private wine & canvas events? 

You could do a cooking class. Picnic. Bowling. Cheap (or free) concert. Baseball game. Movie night. 
    Yes!  does a town near you do a Movies in the Park?  That's fun even if they're watching Despicable Me or Old Yeller.  I once went to one movie where we snuck in alcohol (margaritas in a pink Nalgene looks just like Orange soda and beer in almost anything can pass for Ginger Ale.)  And you can leave halfway through if you're bored or find yourselves getting a little rowdy.
  • How about a cosmetology school for a spa day?  My friends and I did a spa day at one and it was fun and cheaper than going to a regular place (and the work was very well done).

I've gone on a food tour for a bachelorette which was really fun if a city nearby offers something like that.  We found a lot of great restaurants that we didn't know about.

I also like the wine and canvas, bowling, and dinner/drinks ideas.  My friends have done dinner boat tours too and then hanging out in a hotel.  And I think my SIL is planning a winery tour for my bachelorette.

Instead of thinking about it as a bachelorette, just think about a fun girls day/night and plan it that way!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards