Chit Chat

TGIF! Weekend plans?

2»

Re: TGIF! Weekend plans?

• Yay! All good weekends! @novella1186 and @sal2015, enjoy your showers!

Tonight I think I get to cut grass! I really am excited about it. Nobody pesters me when I'm cutting grass. Plus it's easy to see your progress, especially when the grass is as out of hand as ours is. 

We have a street festival/bike races going on here tomorrow. FI may have to work for one of the restaurants downtown for it, but his boss has kind of hinted that he wants him to taste test the menu too, so there's that.

I also think the first farmer's market of the season is tomorrow morning (to coincide with the festival). So I really want to go to that. 

Sunday... finishing the laundry I started last weekend. I am a terrible horrible laundry person. FI and I have enough clothes that we can generally go without washing for a while, except our work pants. Of course, all that means is that laundry winds up being 15 gajillion loads when I finally get off my ass and do it. So it takes me a while. And I'll probably wash the little dog. I'm going to watch the weather Sunday morning, and if it gets warm enough I may trim her coat down to summer length. She's more than a little ridiculous right now.
    OMG I miss mowing the lawn. We mowed about 6 acres at my old house, and I loved just zoning out on the tractor, out in the sun, baaaack and foooorth all day. So relaxing! 
    See, my parents just bought a self-propelling push mower and I am in. love. I hated my dad's tractor because it was huge and I was terrified I would roll it over on myself. Now I don't even worry. Just gotta keep up with the damn thing now haha.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Tomorrow night we're going to Dave & Buster's for a friend's birthday. Just us and the other couple, we never go out so that'll be fun.

Sunday going to an open house for a listing. But things have been selling like fucking hotcakes around here- like lgit 4 offers on list day before we can even get out to see the house. So I'm guessing someone will snatch it before we can even leave the open house.

@lolo883 I'm OBSESSED with my bedroom color- google Sherwin Williams Aquaduct. DH claims he doesn't like it and doesn't want it in the new house but I will get it, even if it's a half bath.

• jenna8984 said:

Tomorrow night we're going to Dave & Buster's for a friend's birthday. Just us and the other couple, we never go out so that'll be fun.

Sunday going to an open house for a listing. But things have been selling like fucking hotcakes around here- like lgit 4 offers on list day before we can even get out to see the house. So I'm guessing someone will snatch it before we can even leave the open house.

@lolo883 I'm OBSESSED with my bedroom color- google Sherwin Williams Aquaduct. DH claims he doesn't like it and doesn't want it in the new house but I will get it, even if it's a half bath.

YES I love that color. If I had things my way, every room would be some shade of turquoise. Unfortunately, I'm evidently supposed to "compromise" with my "husband." Pssht. Life partners or some shit. ;) I think I might be able to get away with Sea Salt or Top Sail in the half bath.

• I'm getting my hair done, trying not to let the color fumes kill me.

Then I'm running errands, I might pick up a plant cause I'm getting impatient about spring.

As far as the actual weekend, I think we're just staying in. I might try locking myself in my studio and see if I can crank out chapter 1 roughs.

Anniversary
  • Yay everyone's weekends sound great for the most part! V is doing a lot better, he was really sick. So I'm just super happy ha. I'm still waiting on my math midterm grade so I'll be checking for that over the weekend. I don't have much planned. Saturday, we have a science day so I'll be working for several hours. Then I'll most likely do hw. On sunday night I'm going to dinner with people. But other than that no real plans.
  • I have a shower this weekend! I'm super excited to see everyone.

Friday: We're playing a game with my sister and her husband. It's called Ticket to Ride and I'm super obsessed.

Saturday: A really good family friend is throwing me a bridal shower. I'm driving up to my hometown and I'll probably spend Saturday night planning stuff with my Mom while chasing my niece around.

Sunday: I'm attending a baby shower for my cousin's wife. Then I head home and probably do grocery shopping/laundry/cleaning because I've been ignoring that stuff all week.
  • @hicoco It's a train building game. You draw destination goals and try to complete the most train routes. Also to make the longest train in all the land. It's the bestest. And my FI bought me the very fancy 10th edition last weekend so I'm excited to play with the fancy set. Clicky for the official site.

• Tonight: I get to see FI this weekend! We're long distance during our engagement, so it's wonderful to actually see him. We're going for Mexican food and margaritas.

Saturday: Hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail with the dogs

Sunday: Waking up on-trail and hiking to where FSIL will be waiting to take us back to our car at our starting point. 

Monday: (I'm making mine a three-day weekend) recuperating from hiking over the weekend and saying good-bye to FI. :(

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited March 2015

jenna8984 I love that color!

FI and I are supposed to go get our marriage license in about an hour. After that I'll come back to work and maybe do some paperwork until time to go. Which means I'll doodle on my paper while checking TK.

Tonight us (we?) and my parents are headed to FI's parents house because some of FI's aunts are giving me a bridal shower in their town tomorrow. I'm super excited because FI's awful (behaving) niece and nephew are at their mom's house this weekend, so I won't have to deal with them screaming/whining/terrorizing our dog.

Sunday we have to come home and decide on marriage vows/what we want said at the wedding. Our minister emailed me a rough draft earlier this week, and I may have cried reading it. Because I'm an emotional baby. =P

Edited because I can't spell.

Anniversary

• Tonight: I get to see FI this weekend! We're long distance during our engagement, so it's wonderful to actually see him. We're going for Mexican food and margaritas.

Saturday: Hiking a section of the Appalachian Trail with the dogs

Sunday: Waking up on-trail and hiking to where FSIL will be waiting to take us back to our car at our starting point. 

Monday: (I'm making mine a three-day weekend) recuperating from hiking over the weekend and saying good-bye to FI. :(
    Ah I loved camping on trails when I did it with my ex.  One of these days when we slow down a little I'm gonna get FI out on a trail for a weekend! 

• jenna8984 I love that color!

FI and I are supposed to go get our marriage license in about an hour. After that I'll come back to work and maybe do some paperwork until time to go. Which means I'll doodle on my paper while checking TK.

Tonight us (we?) and my parents are headed to FI's parents house because some of FI's aunts are giving me a bridal shower in their town tomorrow. I'm super excited because FI's awful (behaving) niece and nephew are at their mom's house this weekend, so I won't have to deal with them screaming/whining/terrorizing our dog.

Sunday we have to come home and decide on marriage vows/what we want said at the wedding. Our minister emailed me a rough draft earlier this week, and I may have cried reading it. Because I'm an emotional baby. =P

Edited because I can't spell.

Girl I have ugly cried every time I read my wedding script, before the wedding and since.

• Hooray for Friday! Tonight we're hanging out with our friends and their 3 year-old daughter (our goddaughter), probably barbecuing if the rain holds off. Tomorrow we're hoping to get a puppy! We've been on the hunt for a puppy for a while now, and I just found a 3 month-old lab/german shepherd mix at a nearby shelter. We're going there first thing in the morning to see if we can get her!

Sundays are boring for me - FI works, so it's usually not very exciting. Sleeping in, going for a run, cleaning, and doing wedding stuff!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am finally going to finish Dragon Age this weekend (and then I'm going to ignore it for like... 2 months so that I can do other shit and do another playthrough when I've forgotten about the big quests so it seems new again).

I'm also going to start working on my damn invitation designs. I have been procrastinating BIG TIME.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Today started out awesome! I got to sleep in, then drive down to our school's southern campus for SafeZone training (basically learning how to be a good ally and provide a safe space for LGBTQ+ youth). I'd never been to that campus before, so it was neat to see, and the training was super interesting and cool.

Then I got back to my office. Emails from staff about eliminating some of their shifts, voicemails from students without including a number, or including a number that doesn't have a set up voicemail. I'm not going to call you back a million times. SET UP YOUR VOICEMAIL IF YOU WANT PEOPLE TO CALL YOU.

Now I'm going to get a mani-pedi. And maybe pick up some insect traps because we got these tiny flies that are driving me bonkers.

This weekend we have no solid plans. We traveled the last two weekends so I think now we just want to take it easy. I want to see the new Dreamworks movie because I loved the book it was based on. Other than that, probably start addressing our STD's and watch tons of Breaking Bad.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• It's my birthday on Monday so I have tomorrow-Tuesday off (thanks boss!) :) .
    Tomorrow Fi and I are taking the pup on his first hike :)
  • FUCKING SPRING BREAK!!!!!!!!!!!  WOOOOOO!!!!   I mean, I love my job and will miss all of my students dearly.  ;)  So glad to have a week off.  We're heading to a hockey game tonight and dinner with MIL tomorrow.  We might go see Insurgent, but that's if we have time.  

• We went to BDubs on a double date to meet H's best friend's new girlfriend. It was fun, and she seems cool, which is great because HBF has had a streak of bad luck with chicks. 

However, I realized my once very sturdy filter is thinning, and that I need to hang out with more non-healthcare people because I've gotten too used to having weird conversations shortly after meeting someone. Long story short, I brought up herpes in the first five minutes and I hadn't even started drinking yet. 

How do you normal? 

Other than that, lots of homework, hoping to finish the drawings for a project this weekend but the mere thought of starting is horrifying. Should ride the pony at some point too. 
  • I'm going shopping and having dinner with some friends tomorrow. I need to get some "grown up" clothes for a conference I'm going to in April. 

Sunday I have a ton of writing to do for work.

Anniversary
  • drunkenwitchdrunkenwitch member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    My friend is performing in his first Boylesque show so BF and I are going to the show.

And we are going to visit my Mom, who has actually become pleasant to be around because she knows I will get up and leave the moment she starts ANY drama. Enforcing boundaries, it pays off.

• Tomorrow I'm traveling home. So that is going too suck. I mean I'll be happy to be home but I hate airports. Sunday I'm doing absolutely nothing.
  • Yay! Change in plans! visiting a friend tomorrow!

.....Whihc means I should lock myself in the studio on Sunday.....

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards