Chit Chat
Options

A Best Man Snark... of sorts (UPDATE page 5)

Re: A Best Man Snark... of sorts (UPDATE page 5)

• Options

Is his name Brad, by chance?

Can someone tell me about this Brad? Sounds intriguing...

Also, I cannot for one moment comprehend how a grown-ass man would write that email... I really hope FI responds to find out what the actual fuck this guy is talking about (I'm still hoping it's a joke). 

My response to each of his points would basically be "This wedding is not about us finding places for you to stick your dick."
    OP's posting history can.
    I thought (original) Brad was Novella's problem...?

Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

Also, I cannot for one moment comprehend how a grown-ass man would write that email... I really hope FI responds to find out what the actual fuck this guy is talking about (I'm still hoping it's a joke). 

My response to each of his points would basically be "This wedding is not about us finding places for you to stick your dick."
    Thanks, I found it. I definitely read that thread before. Not sure how I forgot about Brad.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    luckya23 said:

I thought (original) Brad was Novella's problem...?
    Whoopsie Doodle. I was thinking this was the other thread. 

Correction: Novella's posting history can :)
  • Options
    edited March 2015

Oh.  Right.  Like you don't all know that neckbeards are often atheists that like to give religious people a hard time.  He has all the other traits of neckbeardism; it was a fair guess.

What the fuck are you talking about?!

How are currently using the internet but not aware of this type of person?!
    She means the huge sweeping generalizations about neckbeards, this fable of militant atheists, and general atheists.

None of which are okay in this forum ETA or really in life. Generalizing of any kind isn't much enjoyed.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options

Oh.  Right.  Like you don't all know that neckbeards are often atheists that like to give religious people a hard time.  He has all the other traits of neckbeardism; it was a fair guess.

She means the huge sweeping generalizations about neckbeards, this fable of militant atheists, and general atheists.

None of which are okay in this forum. Generalizing of any kind isn't much enjoyed.
    Yes, pretend I said this. You are better at words than me. Especially when ignorant ass shit is getting thrown around.
  • Options
    Wait, now I'm supposed to feel bad that I misidentified this d-bag as the wrong kind of d-bag?
  • Options

Wait, now I'm supposed to feel bad that I misidentified this d-bag as the wrong kind of d-bag?

No, you just need to remember to read. This was information given.

Like I get it, the stereotype for neckbeards is that they are usually also atheists who are insufferable about, but really the stereotype is that they're just insufferable.

It came across as an unwarranted jab at atheists, and an unfunny one at that, because it was stated multiple times, that dude was not atheist.

Anniversary
  • Options

Ex-fucking-scuse me? You make ignorant discriminatory statements, and then insinuate that I am the one who doesn't know how to handle life?

1) Militant atheism does not exist. There is no "sect" of atheism in which violence is purpotrated in the name of atheism.
    2) The slang term "neckbeard" is in no way related to atheism, or to any religion. 
    Guys, we need @larrygaga to come and settle this once and for all (she is the first one to introduce me to the term "Neckbeard" and therefore I grant her an honorary PhD in Douchebag Nomenclature).

I am pretty sure, though, that this particular brad is probably more of the "I'm super religious and therefore I'm looking for a whore to fuck and a madonna to marry, because everyone knows women can be one or the other." 
    Everyone knows that as long as a dude MARRIES a virgin he can fuck all the sluts he wants. 

• Options
    chibiyui said:

Like I get it, the stereotype for neckbeards is that they are usually also atheists who are insufferable about, but really the stereotype is that they're just insufferable.

It came across as an unwarranted jab at atheists, and an unfunny one at that, because it was stated multiple times, that dude was not atheist.
    I read that he was Catholic.  I just didn't take that to mean his religion; I took it more to mean his heritage.  A lot of people in my area identify as Catholic because they were raised that way but actually believe in a different religion or no religion.  It's the same as how I have a friend who is Jewish by heritage but atheist in religion.
  • Options

chibiyui said:

I read that he was Catholic.  I just didn't take that to mean his religion; I took it more to mean his heritage.  A lot of people in my area identify as Catholic because they were raised that way but actually believe in a different religion or no religion.  It's the same as how I have a friend who is Jewish by heritage but atheist in religion.
    And the part where he says their church wedding offends his religion because he's catholic? That sounds atheist to you?

• Options

chibiyui said:

Some do, yes (which is utter bullshit btw and I want to slap anyone who does this) but that's pretty clearly not the case here. As evidenced by "offends my religion". Atheism is not a religion. 

It's not the same as being Jewish at all.  
  • Options
    I've definitely never heard the term neck beard other than referring to Andrew Luck and his unfortunate football facial hair style
  • Options
    This has to be a joke.  This whole thread has to be a joke.

And if not, well, it's pretty obvious why Brad is single.

• Options
    kvruns said:

I've definitely never heard the term neck beard other than referring to Andrew Luck and his unfortunate football facial hair style

I prefer "neard" but I was unaware of any stereotype that goes with the neard. 

I associate neards with hockey playoff beards.
    Image result for someecard betting someone half your shit youll love them forever
  • Options

kvruns said:

I prefer "neard" but I was unaware of any stereotype that goes with the neard. 

I associate neards with hockey playoff beards.
    Me either. I'm pretty sure this stereotype doesn't actally exist.
  • Options
    mrsdee15mrsdee15 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015

chibiyui said:

This dude also probably tells random women to smile. 

Honestly, those guys creep me the fuck out. And also make me want to punch them in the face.
    I fucking HATE those guys.  I have chronic resting bitch face and one time someone told me to smile and I told him off in front of the entire bar.  He apologized profusely.
    chibiyui said:

That said, especially once you get a butt-hurt reply, you should totally post that e-mail EVERYWHERE. Submit it to Jezebels "I Thee Dread", put it on tumblr and Reddit. 

There are so few "My Best Man is fucking crazy" out there on the internet, spread the word, Men be crazy too.
    1000x this.  YES PLEASE.  Then send us the link. 

ETA: In sum, I would just send this Brad 2.0 this:
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    What the actual fuck? I can't believe the specifications of your wedding didn't satisfy his rubric! I mean, it's HIS day! Well, I hope you don't feel bad about not bringing a bevy of Patty Stanger acolytes in as guests that he could choose from because this guy will NEVER have a girlfriend.
  • Options
    I had an acquaintance like this in my wedding planning....

She and I had known each other through college, but lost touch in grad school (she never returned calls, and only came back into my life to get me to help her/advise her)....some time later, when we're still in contact, I mentioned I'm getting married. Incidentally, she and I are of completely different racial/ethnic backgrounds (this will become important)

Upon hearing I'm getting married, this girl, whom I hadn't heard much from in 4 years, immediately starts going on about the wedding WE will plan (umm, no, I'M planning, not YOU) and TELLING me I MUST invite a bunch of young, wealthy, single men of her racial/ethnic background to my wedding for her to meet/hook up with/date. This assumes I know a bunch of men of her race that meet all of her criteria simply because of my profession as an attorney. She actually sent me a LIST of all the physical and financial attributes these men must have.

Her invitation "got lost in the mail..."
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards