Chit Chat

AW: I got married!

2»

Re: AW: I got married!

• Congrats! I love your dress!

Anniversary
  • Gorgeous!

Also, please dish about the Big Island! We're working on our honeymoon plans (we'll have 6 days on the BI, 7 in Kauai) and I want to know what you loved!

OMG SO MUCH!

We did a helicopter tour (got to see lava this way!), humpback whale watch and a manta ray snorkel. If you are scuba cert, DEF do the manta ray. The snorkel was well worth it too and the heli tour. If you've gone whale watching, you can skip it (also not worth doing after April as they're not mating/giving birth and they start heading north).

Food wise, I had some of the best ahi poke of my life from Da Poke Shack. $12 got you a huge helping of poke and two sides. I was obsessed with Hawaiian shave ice from Scandinavian Shave Ice in Kona. One of our best fancy meals was at Ulu in the Four Seasons and randomly the first night we were there at the bar at Roy's in Kings Shops. 

If you don't have it already, go out and buy the "Hawaii Revealed" book. It told us about hidden gems and a black sand beach no one knew about!
    Hawaii Revealed is BOMB.COM. They know EVERYTHING. The Rick Steves of the Pacific, they are.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Ahhh so beautiful!!!!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Absolutely stunning! Congratualtions!
  • Congrats! Gorgeous dress and you look so amazing and happy! 
  • Beautiful photos!  Your dress is stunning!

Where did you stay on the BI?  
  • You look amazing.  I love that dress on you.  Congrats!!And I'm very jealous you were just in Hawaii.  I want to move there

• Congratulations! Your dress is absolutely gorgeous, looks like you both had a great time :)
  • Congrats! I love your dress!

Anniversary
  • Just gorgeous!! I LOVE your dress!

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Ahhh! Thank you everyone!

JoanE2012 We stayed at the big Hilton Waikoloa. It was a mistake. Should have spent the extra $$$ and stayed at a nicer property. It just didn't feel...special. I even told them we didn't feel special, too (they ended up trying to make up for it later). Not even a "congratulations" when we checked in :/

WinstonsGirl I want to move there so bad now! The people were some of the kindest I've come across; true aloha spirit. And the food was ahhhhhhhmazing.

imageimage

• Congratulations!  Your dress is gorgeous and you look so happy and beautiful!

• Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Thanks for sharing. 

And I LOVE that your sister walked you down the aisle. Too sweet!

Then happy I, that love and am beloved 
    Where I may not remove nor be removed.

--William Shakespeare (Sonnet 25)

• Finally got to see the pictures. You are stunning! I love your dress.
    Congratulations!!!
  • Congrats!!! You looked gorgeous!
  • ditto that your dress was gorgeous! And you looked beautiful too :)

Anniversary
  • I love the pics.
  • Love your dress! Congrats OMH :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards