Just Engaged and Proposals

We decided on a combined Bachelor\Bachelorette Party...Thoughts?

Hello,

I am new to the knot and I wanted to get my first discussion going. We have decided to do a combined bachelor/bachelorette party with the MTV show "Wildin' Out" theme. Basically bridal party against grooms men with t-shirts made for each team. We are super competitive and so are our friends. We thought this was an awesome idea but wanted to get your feedback.

Thanks!!!

Re: We decided on a combined Bachelor\Bachelorette Party...Thoughts?

• JennyColadaJennyColada member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited February 2015
    There's not much to give feedback on. If you like it and your friends like it then that's cool. There's nothing saying that you have to have separate parties. Generally you don't host of plan your own BPs (since they are still parties in your honor), but it's certainly ok to host a random get-to-gether party that involves your WP (in which case I just wouldn't refer to it as a BP at all).

Also, I'd consider where it is and what time of day. Same party rules apply: if it's during a meal time I'd suggest feeding people a meal. Keep cost in mind, and privately discuss if each member can afford go do what you want to do (but if you're hosting a party then a lot of the cost falls on you).

Personally, I'm not too keen on anything that gets me messy or involves me wearing a team t-shirt. And unless I know a lot of my "opponents" I don't get very competitive (it feels more silly than anything, because I'm just thinking "my ego really doesn't care if I win against this stranger").
  • Hello,

I am new to the knot and I wanted to get my first discussion going. We have decided to do a combined bachelor/bachelorette party with the MTV show "Wildin' Out" theme. Basically bridal party against grooms men with t-shirts made for each team. We are super competitive and so are our friends. We thought this was an awesome idea but wanted to get your feedback.

Thanks!!!

If that's what you and your friends want to do, why do you need our feedback? Personally, I wouldn't do a themed party like that, but I'm not in your friend group :)

• Not sure why you need random internet strangers validation on this.  If you and your friends like it, go for it.  It's not my style as it kinda sounds contrived (game night - sure, paintball - sure, copying a TV show competition - meh), but I'm long out of MTV's key demographic so if you all love the show and think that's fun that's all that matters.

As for joint/co-ed partying, that's perfectly fine.  Just make sure the person(s) hosting it (i.e. not you) don't break the cardinal rules - they privately ask for budgets ahead of time, they don't book expensive things and then bill party members for it unexpectedly, they provide appropriate food and drink for the time of day, etc.
  • What does it matter what we think? If it's what you and your FI want to do, then do it.
  • Not sure about the theme but hey, if that's what you want to do...
    When my older brothers got married they had BPs together with their brides, basically they were great nights out with friends on both sides. They started with drinking games for the women at the brides house and the men at the grooms' and then we all got together for a meal, and post meal drinks, until very very late. 
  • Someone is hosting this party for you, correct?
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • I've never heard of this show, but I think it sounds fun.
  • edited June 2015
  • Hello,

Thanks!!!

Who is the "we" who decided on this?  You and your FI should not be planning your own bachelor/bachelorette parties.

• That's a fine idea if that's what your group of friends is into. However you guys shouldn't be planning or hosting your own bachelor/ette parties.

If someone offers to host one for you you can certainly give them these ideas though.

Formerly martha1818

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards