Not Engaged Yet

WR/AW: (LONG) Bridal Shower!!

edited March 2015 in Not Engaged Yet
Yesterday was easily one of the best days of my life. My mom and youngest sister threw me an AMAZING bridal shower. FI and I were busy Friday night and Saturday because one of his friends was staying with us, so it wasn't like I was sitting around all weekend waiting for it be time for the party. I just felt like "Oh hey, I get to see some of my friends on Sunday!" Not until we were on our way to my mom's house did the whole "Holy shit, this is a party *for me* because I'm getting married"-thing really hit me. 

My mom and sister did an awesome job decorating and setting up. There was a mimosa bar, vases with really pretty fake flowers that I will be stealing to use for our cocktail hour tables, and framed pictures of FI and I as babies. There was also REALLY good food catered from an Italian grocery store. 

I'm still in shock over how many gifts we got. I never ever expected to get so many awesome things off of our registry. Some of the things I was most excited to get - 4 of our place settings from my mom, a 10-piece bakeware set from my stepsisters, 8-piece cookware set from FI's parents, Ninja blender from my grandpa's wife, and....the holy grail of the registry....what I've been lusting after for no fewer than 5 years....A KITCHENAID MIXER from none other than @swazzle @goldenpenguin @buddysmom80 and @csousa1 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You guys, I think my heart skipped a beat. I'm not exaggerating when I tell you that last night, I spent more time *literally* petting that thing than my dog.

FI and I spent a few hours putting our gifts away. I'm going to be using most of it, but there are still boxes and boxes of stuff that we stored in the closets which we probably will hold off using until we buy a home. 

Later last night, FI and I were just snuggling on the couch, exhausted from yesterday and from the weekend of entertaining his friend, and we were talking all about the shower and... I started crying. I know bridal showers are a common thing and maybe I should have expected all of this stuff (I mean, it wasn't' a surprise or anything) but I'm just overwhelmed at how lucky I feel right now. I just can't wrap my head around the fact that there was a party for me where I got more gifts than I ever have in my entire life, and that in a few weeks I get to have an awesome bachelorette party with my bestest friends (and FI gets to have one with his), and those are all just because in exactly 2 months we're throwing the biggest party of our lives, and THEN we get to go on vacation. It's like, all too good to be true or something. At one point last night, I said to FI "I just don't feel like we deserve all this." and FI said "Of course we do, and everyone else does too. Let's just make sure we're really good to all these people who are being so good to us." <---------------- and that's why I'm marrying him.

In funny moments..... my little cousin had a few good questions for me, 1) You're a grownup, so do you have a house? 2) Are you moving in with him or is he moving in with you? (I told her we already lived together and that she should always live with someone before marrying them, lol. 3) So you're going to have a baby next, right? She also filled out the questionnaire game and I have to applaud her for her spelling of Jake Gyllenhaal.  

Someone slipped up and revealed that my bachelorette party will NOT be taking place in NYC as I expected the whole time. In fact, we'll be going out to Atlantic City! When I was home doing WR stuff a few weeks ago, I mentioned to my mom that FI's bachelor party was in AC on the weekend of April 18th. She told me yesterday that she had known for weeks that my b-party was there on that same weekend, and when she heard about FI's she freaked and called my MOH/best friend as soon as I left to tell her. Apparently it was a pure coincidence that my MOH and FI's BM planned our parties for the same place on the same weekend, and my MOH gave the BM stern instructions to keep his group far away from ours. I'm SO HAPPY we're not having some sort of joint b-party, but I think it might be fun if we all met up for brunch on Sunday morning or - even better - if we found some way to prank them.

Anyways, sorry for the wall of text but I had to write out all my happy emotions so I could move on with my day!!!

CN: I'm a lucky, lucky, girl (with a KitchenAid mixer)

Wedding Countdown Ticker
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: WR/AW: (LONG) Bridal Shower!!

• 1 - You absolutely 100% deserve all the happiness and celebrations coming your way.
    2 - I'm so glad your shower was everything that you expected and more!

<3 TWO MONTHS TO GO!!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• I love this! I am grinning from ear to ear for YOU! You do deserve this! Also, I love your dress!
    friends tv show funy
  • It sounds like you had the best weekend and shower ever!!!  Plus, you look great in those pictures!
  • I am SO happy you had the best day ever! I love you and I can't wait to see what you make for me with your KitchenAid :)

• Love your dress!  Love that you had a great time!

What color kitchenaid mixer did you get??

Anniversary
  • OMG I love it all! It sounds like you had a perfect shower and so many exciting gifts!!! 

Also, don't ever think you don't deserve all this because you absolutely do! I think a lot of us think that we don't deserve these things because it's just so overwhelming how much you're receiving all in a short period of time but this time of your life is extremely special so just take it all in and give lots of hugs and thank you's!
  • It sounds like a perfect shower.  I'm so glad you had a wonderful time.  Yay kitchenaid mixer!!!

Anniversary

• So exciting! Glad you got so many great gifts - you deserve it! Love how your FI wants to pass it on to future couples, such a sweet thought!! Can't believe you only have 2 months to go!

• Glad you had such a fun shower!
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    Awwww @hummingbird125 I love all of this SO MUCH!! Your shower sounds ah-mazing and you absolutely deserve every bit of it and all the other special things that will happen between now and your wedding and HM!

• I LOVE YOU, MY BRIDE!! You deserve all of this happiness & more, and I'm so glad we were all there to share your day with you. You need to post a picture of the awesome hat/bouquet I made!! 

I don't think it's a coincidence that we got the same color Kitchen Aid. ;) 

*******************************************************************************************

• @hummingbird125 WOWZAS!!!! It looks like it was so much fun! I love everything! Especially your FI comment about being good to people. What an awesome guy! 
    Also, KitchenAid Mixers are the best things ever invented. I still have my mom's that is probably older than I am, and it still works like a charm! It weighs 10,000 pounds, and its worth its weight in gold.
    "Stuart was scared, but he loved Margalo, Mommy. And there is nothing bigger than love." -The Bean
     "His farts smell like Satan's asshole mixed with a skunk's vagina. But it's okay, because I love him." -CSousa

• LOVE IT!! It sounds like you guys had a blast and what better way to celebrate!!

And love the KitchenAid!!!!
  • Jealous! I would be stoked about a mixer too! I have been eyeing them for a long time myself! Congratulations! Sounds like you have a fabulous circle of friends and family!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers'> 
  • Love all of this! You look amazing and it sounds like the perfect weekend! 
  • Awww, what a great day! Your dress was absolutely adorable!

• I love this!  You looked beautiful, and I'm so glad you had a wonderful time!
  • YAY! I'm so glad you had all the happy emotions and that you happy cried. I am so excited to see all the rest of your posts over the next two months, telling us all about your b-party, all the little moments, and then your BIG day!! And vacation to follow. 

You're getting married!! <3 
    --------------------------------------------------------------

"You're our early 20's BSC scarecrow. They cower at your maturity." - lennonkdc Anniversary
  • You deserve ALL the love! I'm so happy for you, and I'm so glad you had such a great time yesterday! TWO MONTHS!!!!

• glad you had such an amazing shower! FI is def a keeper for him to say something so sweet and thoughtful. enjoy your mixer! mine is being held hostage at my moms (tiny kitchen = no room) and i miss it daily.
  • I love your dress! I need to look for one for my shower in May. I received all 8 place settings and the kitchenaid mixer we registered for a couple of weeks ago and I cried too! It's definitely a lot to take in- especially when the wedding is right around the corner. I'm so glad you had such a nice day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards