Not Engaged Yet

Irrational Irritations, UOs, Confessions, I judge...

I really hate Mondays. So today I just feel a need to get all the negativity and annoyances out of my system.

II: I use my (expired) military ID at Lowe's to get 10% off. They rarely ask to see it, and nobody EVER looks at the date. I pulled it out yesterday at Lowe's and ended up having to deal with MR. FOLLOWS ALL THE RULES and of course, he checked it and wouldn't give me a discount and was a huge asshole about it. I was really embarrassed. Obviously, my own fault, but damnit Lowe's! If you sent more 10% off coupons maybe I wouldn't feel motivated to try to get a discount some other way!

II: H insisted on installing a fart fan in our master bathroom, but didn't really check all his parts and then somehow messed up when he was cutting a hole in the ceiling so now I have a giant hole in the ceiling next to where the fan is being installed. And I just cleaned my bathroom on Friday and now it's all dusty and dirty as if I didn't do anything.

I judge @KeptInStitches for digging up her beautiful peony bushes. How could you? :( I wish you could send them all to me so I could have ALL THE PEONIES. It's true ants (and other bugs) like peony bushes, but I already have ants in my yard, so it isn't going to make a difference.

I judge: Two of our friends who came over Saturday for dinner. They came really late and left early and it really upset H. They complain that we live really far away, but we ALWAYS make an effort to attend their parties/get togethers/dinners/etc. Or at least one of us will go while the other person stays home to take care of the dog. Sometimes I feel like we're only "good enough" to be invited to their house, but they won't ever come to us.

Confession: I had four slices of pizza for dinner last night. However, that was my only actual meal for the entire day.

Confession: I've attended three bookclub meetings in a row where I either didn't finish or didn't read the book of the month.

II: I hate it when I have nothing to contribute to a conversation.

UO: I had something for this and now I can't remember.

Re: Irrational Irritations, UOs, Confessions, I judge...

• II:  H got into my Dove candy stash and now I only have 3 chocolates to last the rest of the week.  WHAT.
  • edited March 2015
    II / UO: I got a lot of compliments yesterday. MANY of them were of the "OMG you lost so much weight/you're so thin!" variety. One one hand I am THRILLED, but on the other hand....what did you people think I looked like before?!?! I feel like I would only comment specifically on someone's weight if it was a close friend. It made me a little uncomfortable but I also know it's a really stupid thing to actually complain about hearing.

Confession - Any time I hear of someone who will probably not be able to make it to my wedding (i.e. my mom's friend mentioned that she maybe couldn't make it; one of Mike's friends is apparently getting married the weekend before, etc.) it makes me happy. We definitely invited more people than I would have liked, and I already know that most of the people we really really want to be there will be.

I judge - My bitchy stepsister who was at my shower yesterday, who made several rude comments under her breath which my sister heard. Um, I don't think anyone put a gun to your head and forced you to go? If you despise me as much as you seem to, please don't pretend to be happy for me. Also, please disregard the invitation I sent for you and your boyfriend. I'd rather not spend money on  hosting someone who's going to be rolling their eyes and complaining all dam night. Grow the fuck up.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • II: everything I eat gives me nausea and it sucks.....big time

Anniversary

• @labro LOL on Mr. Follows all the RULES!!! 

II: I get irrationally irritated when DH forgets things. This morning he threw a small baby shower for his coworker at work and he left his gift sitting on the counter....it has been sitting there for two weeks! How could you forget this?!?! He also took my car keys with him so that pissed me off.

II: I get really annoyed with my boss sometimes because she is super nit picky about little things. It's like she has all these thoughts and memories stored up for every second of the day and she never forgets them. So if I make a tiny mistake then it's like the fucking end of the world.

II: I'm starting to get to know some of you newbies that have joined within the last few months...if you haven't added a profile picture to your SN though and have kept the generic TK one then I have absolutely no idea who you are. Sorry.

II: I got really irritated when the nurse wouldn't let me take off my shoes when I was weighed this morning. I know she subtracted the weight of them but still...I wanted to take them off!

UO: This whole bacon crust pizza thing going on at little Caesars makes me want to vomit! I'm not a huge crust fan but the fact that it's bacon is just EW.

UO: I hate meat right now. My mom gave DH some chicken breasts yesterday and I promptly went upstairs when he began cooking them.

Confession: I got nauseous last night and I started crying because I thought that shit was over with.

Judge: Even though I didn't drink anything I judge the wedding we went to last weekend for closing the bar at 9:00 when the wedding ended at 11:00. I understand if the wedding was ending at 10:00 but 11:00....

Judge: I was judging a girl this past weekend because she was constantly bringing up her H's ex gf with whom he broke up with more than 3 years ago. They have been married for almost a year now and all she talks about is her H's ex-gf....why? 
  • labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its

@TwoDimes I know I asked for that one lol! ;) Usually I just try to drag my dad along with me on all my major Lowe's shopping trips. Sometimes he offers to pick stuff up for us from the PX on base if we're looking for anything in particular - yay for no taxes! Also, I think it's adorable that you have an Indy-cam. Can you please hook me up to that so I can see your puppy all day every day?

@Hummingbird125 Your step-sister is a giant bitch!! I hope she has the worst hangover of her life after your wedding (if she even comes).

• @Twodimes LOL on the slow people in the grocery store. That drives me insane.

Also I love that you have a baby monitor for Indy. I would say keep it unless it breaks for some reason or a better/cooler one comes out on the market.

Also...WHY DO YOU NOT LIKE BREAKING BAD?!?!?!?!?!?!? Blasphemy I SAY!
  • @labro, they're not my taste at all, so judge away. I judge you for liking the peony bushes in return. :P
  • UO: I love Disney. I can't really put a reason on why but I do. I thought I was going to be able to not want to return for a while, however I totally priced out a summer trip this morning.

Confession I: I had a bit of a meltdown yesterday. My mom and I were on the phone and she told me that my cousin's BF had said he was going to propose before the end of the year. This cousin is 5 years younger than me, and it on my stepfather's side. I started thinking about trying to coordinate weddings and basically worrying about two proposals that have not happened yet (hers and mine). For some reason lately I have been extra emotional so this lead to me crying. I really wish I hadn't seen the mail and had no idea that he has the ring. I left to get my nails done and blast some music in my car and cool off. It worked and I felt much better later last night. 

II: My boss. No one here can stand him and he's a tattle tale. It's unreal how he acts sometimes. My two coworkers and I were talking about an employees rate because I had been trying to talk through something out loud. He heard one thing, assumed it was something completely different and ran to the big boss and told on my coworker. The big boss then proceeded to chew out on of the coworkers, over something that wasn't even correct.   
    friends tv show funy
  • @KeptinStitches - you can send me your peonies too! It'll cut down the cost of my wedding flowers, since I want AALLLL the fluffy blooms!

II: I also agree with @LaBro that I hate not having anything to contribute to a conversation. I'll just sit over here like a lurky loo, don't mind me.

II: I hate when my co-worker goes to lunch and doesn't ask if I want to go, or even if I want anything. RUDE.

Confession: I was irrationally jealous that @Hummingbird125 got her everyday dishes & silverware at her shower yesterday. I got incredibly spoiled at my shower, and I feel like a greedy bitch, but I really wanted my plates!! 

Confession: I miss my besties, and I wish I could see them every weekend. <3

*******************************************************************************************

• labrolabro member
    @TwoDimes I kind of hope the mega-millionaire guy comes to your wedding and gives you $$$$!!!! But otherwise I totally get the sentiment behind your confession and @hummingbird125. I silently cheered for about 99% of our declines. There were only two I was actually bummed about.

• @goldenpenguin, I'd love to send the peonies to people, but they're apparently persnickety little flowers that don't like transplanting at all. I'm not sure the ones we gave to FGMIL survived that trip, and that would have been less than a day.
  • UO: I can't stand Rick on TWD. I don't understand why he's such a popular character.

II: I have to use my phone to knot during lunch. Its annoying and I hate it!

I'll probably have more later.

• II: I'm starting to get to know some of you newbies that have joined within the last few months...if you haven't added a profile picture to your SN though and have kept the generic TK one then I have absolutely no idea who you are. Sorry.

Since TK did their update refresh a few weeks ago you can't edit profile
    pics. Last week I read a post in Tech Help that they are hoping to
    have that all fixed soon, but that's why I haven't updated my pic.

II: Sometimes BF just doesnt eat all day. He claims he wasn't hungry. WTF??! I am constantly counting down minutes until my next food, even if im not hungry.

Confession: i read strangers wedding websites on TK
  • II: I hate when FI gets annoyed at me for not being a morning person. This is a well known fact. I try really hard not to be crusty in the morning. Don't get all sad when I say goodbye and go to shower instead of standing at the door watching you walk to the elevator; you're going to work not off to war ffs.

II: I need to arrange for a parking spot at my building for the month of April and the office lady has not emailed me back! I have 2 important questions for you!!!

I judge @TwoDimes for not liking Breaking Bad. I just can't.

Confession: FI told me he's worried that his suit jacket might be too tight for the wedding. He's losing weight but he doesn't think it's coming from his stomach. I had to bite my tongue to keep from telling him that he started WW and exercising way later than he planned. I am a terrible almost wife.

Confession: I am really annoyed with one of my friends/BM. She's been engaged for 2 months now and I haven't heard about it. I only know about it because she posted a picture on Instagram. She was on vacation when it happened, fine, but she's been home for ages! It's not hard to pick up the phone!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• jenjen047 said:

II: I'm starting to get to know some of you newbies that have joined within the last few months...if you haven't added a profile picture to your SN though and have kept the generic TK one then I have absolutely no idea who you are. Sorry.

Since TK did their update refresh a few weeks ago you can't edit profile
    pics. Last week I read a post in Tech Help that they are hoping to
    have that all fixed soon, but that's why I haven't updated my pic.

II: Sometimes BF just doesnt eat all day. He claims he wasn't hungry. WTF??! I am constantly counting down minutes until my next food, even if im not hungry.

Confession: i read strangers wedding websites on TK
    My BF does the same thing! Whereas the thought of what I get to have for lunch is all that gets me through most mornings at work!

• labro said:

I really hate Mondays. So today I just feel a need to get all the negativity and annoyances out of my system.

II: I use my (expired) military ID at Lowe's to get 10% off. They rarely ask to see it, and nobody EVER looks at the date. I pulled it out yesterday at Lowe's and ended up having to deal with MR. FOLLOWS ALL THE RULES and of course, he checked it and wouldn't give me a discount and was a huge asshole about it. I was really embarrassed. Obviously, my own fault, but damnit Lowe's! If you sent more 10% off coupons maybe I wouldn't feel motivated to try to get a discount some other way!

We do a similar thing. FI is a former military member who now works as a civilian for the military, so we get our 10% off that way. They've never looked at the ID closely...

IHOP also gives a discount FYI, but they wont give it to coast guard people, which is BS. 
  • II / UO: I got a lot of compliments yesterday. MANY of them were of the "OMG you lost so much weight/you're so thin!" variety. One one hand I am THRILLED, but on the other hand....what did you people think I looked like before?!?! I feel like I would only comment specifically on someone's weight if it was a close friend. It made me a little uncomfortable but I also know it's a really stupid thing to actually complain about hearing.

Confession - Any time I hear of someone who will probably not be able to make it to my wedding (i.e. my mom's friend mentioned that she maybe couldn't make it; one of Mike's friends is apparently getting married the weekend before, etc.) it makes me happy. We definitely invited more people than I would have liked, and I already know that most of the people we really really want to be there will be.

I judge - My bitchy stepsister who was at my shower yesterday, who made several rude comments under her breath which my sister heard. Um, I don't think anyone put a gun to your head and forced you to go? If you despise me as much as you seem to, please don't pretend to be happy for me. Also, please disregard the invitation I sent for you and your boyfriend. I'd rather not spend money on  hosting someone who's going to be rolling their eyes and complaining all dam night. Grow the fuck up.

bolded #1 makes me think of an II : When people comment on my weight or they're snarky about it - "oh of course you're cold, you're so skinny" or "you don't need to lose any weight, you're so tiny". First of all, I'm really not that small- I'm just not overweight. I used to be waaay smaller and every time someone comments on my weight I'm sad about how skinny I used to be! And second of all- don't comment on my weight. It's inappopriate. I don't think people would appreciate if I said "of course you're hot, you're so fat". Nope.

bolded #2: I feel the same way- I secretly hope there are quite a few people who decline what I really only invited to not start drama

• @twodimes - I'm with you. I watched a couple episodes of BB but just couldn't get into it. I also hope megamillionaire guy comes to your wedding and gives you beacoup dollars.

I was going to judge @labro and @marie2785 for using their former military status to continue to get discounts, but then I remembered how I used my school ID from my master's program well after I graduated to get discounts at the movies and some stores at the mall. Pot calling the kettle black there.... oopsies.

@lmcooper86 - maybe she's waiting for YOU to pick up the phone and call HER?

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• II / UO: I got a lot of compliments yesterday. MANY of them were of the "OMG you lost so much weight/you're so thin!" variety. One one hand I am THRILLED, but on the other hand....what did you people think I looked like before?!?! I feel like I would only comment specifically on someone's weight if it was a close friend. It made me a little uncomfortable but I also know it's a really stupid thing to actually complain about hearing.

bolded #1 makes me think of an II : When people comment on my weight or they're snarky about it - "oh of course you're cold, you're so skinny" or "you don't need to lose any weight, you're so tiny". First of all, I'm really not that small- I'm just not overweight. I used to be waaay smaller and every time someone comments on my weight I'm sad about how skinny I used to be! And second of all- don't comment on my weight. It's inappopriate. I don't think people would appreciate if I said "of course you're hot, you're so fat". Nope.

bolded #2: I feel the same way- I secretly hope there are quite a few people who decline what I really only invited to not start drama

This drives me crazy. I am small, genetically and because I generally eat healthy and exercise. I hate when people assume that I can eat whatever I want, or assume that I deprive myself of anything bad and exercise like a maniac to stay small. My weight and how I maintain it are no one's business but mine.

@cu97tiger - I've tried to, tried to get together, tried to chat and she keeps claiming she's just "too busy". Andplusalso I don't think that I should have to chase down someone who's supposed to be a good friend to hear about HER engagement.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• II: When people ask me questions at work while I'm trying to knot. Don't they understand my priorities?

II: When people post every boring detail about their kids on FB. I recently had 2 moms on my newsfeed in the same day posting about taking their kids for their annual checkup and how they're healthy and listed their height and weight. Or one constantly posts how long her daughter has been napping for. NO ONE FUCKING CARES. The only thing that's stopping me from blocking these people is the fact that I'll have less to complain about.

Confession: I actually looked up info on getting lipo or something similar on my arms because I've been freaking out about feeling like I'll look awful at my wedding.

• Oh yeah - UO: Like @twodimes I'm also not a fan of BB. I just can't get into it at all.

I started watching Orphan Black last night though, I'm so disappointed in myself for not starting soon. That show is awesome. I stayed up way too late last night and binge watched 6 episodes. I'm totally hooked! 

• edited March 2015
    cu97tiger said:

@twodimes - I'm with you. I watched a couple episodes of BB but just couldn't get into it. I also hope megamillionaire guy comes to your wedding and gives you beacoup dollars.

I was going to judge @labro and @marie2785 for using their former military status to continue to get discounts, but then I remembered how I used my school ID from my master's program well after I graduated to get discounts at the movies and some stores at the mall. Pot calling the kettle black there.... oopsies.

@lmcooper86 - maybe she's waiting for YOU to pick up the phone and call HER?

Just my opinion but I feel like if someone is close enough to you that they're in your wedding then they would want to personally tell you they're engaged. I wanted all my closest friends and family to hear the news from me before it got on FB or anything.

edited for spelling

• labrolabro member
    TwoDimes said:

labro said:

@TwoDimes I kind of hope the mega-millionaire guy comes to your wedding and gives you $$$$!!!! But otherwise I totally get the sentiment behind your confession and @hummingbird125. I silently cheered for about 99% of our declines. There were only two I was actually bummed about.

@labro, how terrible am I: I hope he doesn't come to the wedding.... but still gives us $$$$!!! Haha! Joking. Kind of.
    I think we'd all be lying if we didn't all admit to wanting money. :)

• @lavendarfields13 and @lmcooper86 - I totally get being annoyed if you've tried to make plans with someone and they don't seem to have time for you. But it's been two months since her engagement... she probably is over telling the story for the 1,000th time. Or she'd be happy to tell it but she really IS busy. Maybe with work? Maybe planning her wedding?

And lavendar - Neither DH nor I personally called each of our friends to tell them that we were engaged. We called our family and some VIPs (my godmother, for instance) and then it was on FB. I called to ask them to be in the wedding, but they found out with everyone else on my friend's list. I don't think that was insensitive of me.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

"You are made of win." -SopChick
    Still here and still fabulous!

• II: When people ask me questions at work while I'm trying to knot. Don't they understand my priorities?

II: When people post every boring detail about their kids on FB. I recently had 2 moms on my newsfeed in the same day posting about taking their kids for their annual checkup and how they're healthy and listed their height and weight. Or one constantly posts how long her daughter has been napping for. NO ONE FUCKING CARES. The only thing that's stopping me from blocking these people is the fact that I'll have less to complain about.

So much agree! I hate when I have to do work in the middle of my personal internet browsing....at work! Ugh! Also yeah I have a good number of FB friends that I can't stand but keep on my newsfeed because I secretly love bitching about their stupid statuses.

Thought of another confession.... everytime I see a friend get engaged I can't help but wonder how much the ring cost and how her bf paid for it. I think every proposal story should come with financing details.
  • lmcooper86lmcooper86 member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its First Anniversary
    edited March 2015
    cu97tiger said:

@lavendarfields13 and @lmcooper86 - I totally get being annoyed if you've tried to make plans with someone and they don't seem to have time for you. But it's been two months since her engagement... she probably is over telling the story for the 1,000th time. Or she'd be happy to tell it but she really IS busy. Maybe with work? Maybe planning her wedding?

And lavendar - Neither DH nor I personally called each of our friends to tell them that we were engaged. We called our family and some VIPs (my godmother, for instance) and then it was on FB. I called to ask them to be in the wedding, but they found out with everyone else on my friend's list. I don't think that was insensitive of me.

I'm sure she has told the story 1000 times...but the fact of the matter is that I haven't heard it, and that hurts my feelings. If I hadn't gone on Instagram that night I might have never seen the photo and known that they got engaged. I was a bit miffed that she didn't at least text me, but they were out of the country and I get it. But the fact that they've been back for weeks and I still haven't heard about it is just really really sucky.

ETA: I understand work being busy, and family, and other commitments, and a million other things that everyone has going on. But no time for a phone call in almost 2 months? I think it's a bit much.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• ETA: I understand work being busy, and family, and other commitments, and a million other things that everyone has going on. But no time for a phone call in almost 2 months? I think it's a bit much.

Agree. I hate when people use being busy as an excuse for being flakey/a bad friend. We're all busy..... image
  • Confession: I can't tell if I'm liked here. I legitimately cannot tell if anyone would even wonder where I went if I stopped posting. I'm not a newb anymore, right?

Confession: I want to know how @futuremrshistorian is doing!

UO: I couldn't keep watching TWD after the 2nd season. I hated that season, and it made me completely lose interest in watching any more of it. And in a way, it kind of ruined my interest in anything zombie-related as well.

I also judge anyone who doesn't enjoy Breaking Bad. I mean, yea, the subject matter might not be for everyone. But the cast? It's one of the greatest filmed pieces of acting I've ever seen, and I truly wish it hadn't ended. Ever.

UO: Speaking of Breaking Bad, I saw "Badger" on another show recently, and I think I kind of have a crush on that guy. Mostly as Badger, though.

• II: it bugs me I don't get to talk to you guys while at work. Of course I do get summer break so two months!!

Confession: we still haven't had sex in the new car lol. We have been freakin exhausted.

Confession: I'm freaking out I might need surgery again this summer :/ my incision from last year didn't heal yet and I have a consult with the surgeon on Monday. At least this time any surgery (or not) will be planned.
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards