Nevada-Las Vegas

Potential Wedding at the Cosmopolitan

Hello all,  

I've been lurking here for a while but haven't had anything to post.  My fiance and I are heading to Vegas next month to do a scouting trip. We are considering have our ceremony and meet and greet at the Cosmopolitan. We have an appointment to go see everything in person but I was hoping to hear from anyone who has had their wedding there or even had seen it in person.  

The girl that I am in touch with sent me a couple of pictures of the suite but you can't get a good idea of what it really looks like from 2 pictures. 

I appreciate any and all info you guys have to offer. 

Thanks! 

Re: Potential Wedding at the Cosmopolitan

• I heard the suite has an amazing view of the fountains. If you don't mind people standing..it's an awesome location. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • @kgales1, we're scouting the exact same thing. We're booked for a viewing on the 12th of May, though, so I don't have much feedback yet!
  • Thanks guys! I only plan on having 17 guests so I'm hoping we can get seats or at least re-arrange furniture to get them seated. I'm all for "unconventional" but I really don't want my guests having to stand up for the ceremony. 

I would love to see real wedding pictures or scouting pics even. I will make sure to take some when we go next month and share them here. 

• I'll share my scouting stuff, too. I've been working with Christina, and she's been pretty great. :)
  • If you search the forum for "scout cosmopolitan", you'll come up with a ton of results, including my report back, with pictures and all!

I really, REALLY wanted to have my wedding at Cosmopolitan but with 40-50 guests they didn't have an option that worked for us.
  • @faith4keep - thank you!! I am super excited to see it now after reading your review. I am going to search the rest of the forum too. 

• Are you looking for pics of their wedding suite?

We renewed our vows on one of their wraparound terraces. I have several pics I can share of the wraparound suite and our ceremony but I am not clear on what you need.

I loved the Cosmo. It was exactly what we wanted. :)

• @destinationtake2 I would LOVE to see photos. 
  • @destinationtake2 -- Yes please!! The wedding suite pictures would be amazing! Thank you!!  I'm dying to see a real life take on the suite. 

Thanks! 
  • I stayed at Cosmo and considered a ceremony there, but with my size group was limited.

The wedding suite seats 25, so with 17 guests you should be fine. The only other kinda almost too nontraditional element is that there is no aisle. Like. Not at all. 

We ate at Wicked Spoon for the reception dinner, it went great the guests love it. I did not do the private room because even with a large group I wouldn't have hit the minimums and it would have cost more. I was not bothered by main dining seating, they put us all together in the back corner and it was fine. I had my reception type party with a cake cutting in the wraparound terrace, I had about 40 people up there comfortably with plenty of space to move around. It was a blast. The view was unreal. Hope that helps!
  • Gosh I love your pics!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I stayed at Cosmo and considered a ceremony there, but with my size group was limited.

The wedding suite seats 25, so with 17 guests you should be fine. The only other kinda almost too nontraditional element is that there is no aisle. Like. Not at all. 

We ate at Wicked Spoon for the reception dinner, it went great the guests love it. I did not do the private room because even with a large group I wouldn't have hit the minimums and it would have cost more. I was not bothered by main dining seating, they put us all together in the back corner and it was fine. I had my reception type party with a cake cutting in the wraparound terrace, I had about 40 people up there comfortably with plenty of space to move around. It was a blast. The view was unreal. Hope that helps!
    The Wicked Spoon is awesome! After going there, I realized that if we had invited guests it would have been a great choice for a group dinner. I would not have expected to feel that way about a buffet restaurant but it's amazing! I can see it being an easy way to please everyone. Your event sounds wonderful.
  • @destinationtake2 - Thank you! Your pictures are gorgeous!! I am getting so excited to do our scouting trip!

<3
  • You're welcome! I am excited for you. Have fun! :)
  • And thanks for the compliment. :)
  • @destinationtake2, I absolutely love your dress and shoes! It's so perfect, timeless and deco and it makes my little short-dress loving heart swoon!

Thank you for the photos of the inside of the suite. It really gives scale. I can see why a larger guest count might be a little much in such a small space.
  • @xoeden Thanks so much!

I was happy to share! You are right about the size. During warm weather months, I am sure a large number of people would be on the terrace at any given moment, but inside the suite would get full easily. It was so gorgeous though- we loved it. Perfect for a small group and in our case, just us. :)  

• I just booked the Cosmopolitan Wedding suite.  5k for photos, flowers, two hours in the suite, 1.5 hours premium booze with a bartender, two greeters to make sure guests know where to go.  It also includes transportation and back to the courthouse. 

Everything sounded really easy and less stressful for me.  Its a gay wedding so I really liked the fact that it did not have a traditional feel. 

We are going to have a after ceremony dinner and cake cutting at Milos in the hotel.  We are still deciding on what restaurant for a Friday night welcome dinner. 

We have also reserved a cabna at the pool which has a $500 minimum for drinks and food. 
  • Knottie61771739  - this is similar to what we are looking at too.  How many people will be attending? I can't wait to see it. I also want book a cabana for the next day.   Getting so excited to actually start making reservations. When are you getting married? 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards