Snarky Brides

When did you last "attack" a knottie?

2»

Re: When did you last "attack" a knottie?

• MagicInk said:
    I feel attacked because I can't remember the last time I attacked someone.
    Come to NY/NJ and we can totally attack each other.

And by attack, I mean hug and then go for food and drinks.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• This morning. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • I attack bad ideas all the time. There have been a lot of bad ideas on here lately.

Also, I happily live in the NYC suburbs. I will never leave. I can be in the city in 30-40 minutes, and can be upstate in the same amount of time. It's perfect and we have a huge yard. Can't beat that!

Sign me up for tacos and margaritas as soon as it stops with the fucking winter nonsense.
  • This isn't an attack but my absolute favorites are the brides who come on here and describe their beautiful white dress, their matchy bridesmaid dresses, how their dad will be walking them down an aisle covered in rose petals and that they'll be taking DH's last name....

Then when you call them out on their cash bar they're all "I DON'T LIVE IN YOUR COOKIE CUTTER WORLD!!!!"

On my god, the cookie cuttering. I will never understand how doing something tacky is somehow simultaneously "personalizing" AND like, totally normal for [X] area, so back off! It can be your special, unique "take" on weddings (make the guests pay, how MODERN!) or it can be traditional, but it cannot be both. Also, I'm always lost when people decide that making people stand for the whole ceremony is somehow a creative reflection of who the couple are as people. Wut?
    This baby knows exactly how I feel

• On my god, the cookie cuttering. I will never understand how doing something tacky is somehow simultaneously "personalizing" AND like, totally normal for [X] area, so back off! It can be your special, unique "take" on weddings (make the guests pay, how MODERN!) or it can be traditional, but it cannot be both. Also, I'm always lost when people decide that making people stand for the whole ceremony is somehow a creative reflection of who the couple are as people. Wut?
    It's an expression of how they make their loved ones uncomfortable and grumpy, DUH.
    ~*~*~*~*~

• On my god, the cookie cuttering. I will never understand how doing something tacky is somehow simultaneously "personalizing" AND like, totally normal for [X] area, so back off! It can be your special, unique "take" on weddings (make the guests pay, how MODERN!) or it can be traditional, but it cannot be both. Also, I'm always lost when people decide that making people stand for the whole ceremony is somehow a creative reflection of who the couple are as people. Wut?
    It's an expression of how they make their loved ones uncomfortable and grumpy, DUH.
    Oh completely agree! I went to see a venue where they showed me the ceremony space the old woman showing us around said they would only put out 10 chairs for people who couldn't stand for long, but "most people can stand for 30 minutes or so, so we don't put out more chairs". 

She also booked us to see the space while there was a wedding going on, felt it appropriate that we could see the reception space by peeking into the ongoing wedding through the window in her office, and was wearing a bright orange Halloween sweatshirt. So much no.

• pinkcow13 said:

Cookie, your responses had me cracking up!

We need the good weather to come asap, I need another Knottie G2G!!! And I never did get to meet @katieinbkln or @sarahhuffl :(

I enjoy the ones where the snowflakes get all butthurt and accuse people of cyber bullying when they're told that their cash bar/raffle ticket, turned off (disconnected? Whatever), bridesmaid kicking, guestbook attendant wedding ideas are tacky.

Re: the bolded - Sorry!

And by "sorry", I mean not sorry because I like making people laugh, especially on Fridays.

OMG YOU GUYS ARE SUCH A CLIQUE. I feel SO left out. 

I hate getting a little notification globe notice. I'm always concerned it's going to be a noob crying about something I said or a warning from a mod. 

That's because you are left out.

And by left out, I mean you don't live close enough to come with us when we shove tacos in our faces and margaritas in our bellies. COME VISIT!

Are you nyc. Bk. queens or li?
  • Are you nyc. Bk. queens or li?
    I'm in NJ (along with quite a few others), but we have gals all over NYC and the other boroughs too.
    ~*~*~*~*~

I'm in NJ (along with quite a few others), but we have gals all over NYC and the other boroughs too.

I am on li. Still have never seen a cash bar wedding in person, thank goodness.
    I am on li. Still have never seen a cash bar wedding in person, thank goodness.
    I just got invited to one (in DC). Couldn't decline fast enough!
    ~*~*~*~*~

• If you like witnessing "attacks" look at "coffee service dilemma" in food and cakes

• lnixon8 said:
    If you like witnessing "attacks" look at "coffee service dilemma" in food and cakes

WOAH! That one was a doozy right off the bat! Whew. On a side note, I didn't know you should provide coffee with cake. Probably makes sense to though . . . TIL.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • lnixon8 said:
    If you like witnessing "attacks" look at "coffee service dilemma" in food and cakes
    I dunno, I'd have to say that WP's babysitter thread is king of the attack threads this week.

• edited February 2015
    levioosa said:
    lnixon8 said:
    I dunno, I'd have to say that WP's babysitter thread is king of the attack threads this week.
    To be fair, it was in the newsletter. That gives it a good SS advantage  
  • levioosa said:
    lnixon8 said:

That thread just made my week. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • levioosa said:
    lnixon8 said:

Wow. I don't normally check that board, so I hadn't read any of that until now. Just wow.

Also - flying monkeys. Love.
  • antotoantoto member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited February 2015
    allispain said:
    levioosa said:
    lnixon8 said:

Wow. I don't normally check that board, so I hadn't read any of that until now. Just wow.

Ohhhhh sweet jesus
  • Um. Ouch. That coffee thread just gave me a headache...and made me want to run to Caribou to fix it. Too bad it's blizzard-ing here in the cornfields of Iowa. 

I have been on the receiving end of some of you ladies' wonderful advice. I never felt attacked. Sometimes maybe discouraged (Come on guys, no bridal party N*SYNC dance? Ok, ok. Too much wine that night with that idea.) but never attacked. I understand though that I can do as I wish, really. It's my wedding. But it's nice to have the input and that's why I'm here. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• So I went and looked at "coffee service dilemma" and wow. That is not something to go so crazy over. 
    I came here because I have heard wonderful things about this place and I would like someone besides my family to turn to for advice. This definitely seems to be a good place for that.
  • I'm in NYC! I haven't attacked anyone yet but I do love fruit snacks! 
    - The stars, like dust, encircle me in living mists of light. And all of space I seem to see in one vast burst of sight. 
  • allispain said:

levioosa said:

lnixon8 said:

Oh yeah, remember that thread where some snatchy girl rolled in out of no where and called everyone bitches who wasn't validating the OP's shitty attitude?  And then when I told her that was a TOS violation she tried to accuse of of the same thing in that thread, and when I told her she was out of her league I was cyber bullying and attacking her?  And then suddenly I had minions?

What an entertaining clusterfuck of stupidity.

"Love is the one thing we're capable of perceiving that transcends time and space."

• allispain said:

levioosa said:

lnixon8 said:

Oh yeah, remember that thread where some snatchy girl rolled in out of no where and called everyone bitches who wasn't validating the OP's shitty attitude?  And then when I told her that was a TOS violation she tried to accuse of of the same thing in that thread, and when I told her she was out of her league I was cyber bullying and attacking her?  And then suddenly I had minions?

What an entertaining clusterfuck of stupidity.

Is she banned now?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards