Chit Chat

FRIDAY!

What's everyone doing this weekend?? I love the weekend posts.

I have a half day at work today (thanks boss lady!) so I have errands to run and then I am meeting my brother and mom for lunch. Tonight I think I am going to stay in unless I can get my brother to see a movie with me, but he's 16 and "too cool" to spend a Friday night with me now.

Tomorrow my family is going to see Fast and Furious 7 at one of those theaters where you order food, we always see these movies together so I'm excited!

Sunday we are going to an early mass and then brunch!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: FRIDAY!

• Easter stuff - egg hunt, eating too much, wearing my bunny ear headband so I can embarrass the half of my family that doesn't have something else equally ridiculous on :)

Tonight I have to make my signature dish - green bean casserole. It was my great grandma's recipe, not the one off the back of the can. Allegedly I am the only one who makes it as good as she did - or it's bc my family wanted to convince me I could actually cook something since I kept burning the rolls I had been making for holidays....
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• I was JUST going to start a Friday thread, glad I refreshed before doing so!

Today is my second dress fitting!!!!! YAY! I'm hoping to leave work early too, so I'll have time to go home and change beforehand (but I brought my fitting gear JIC). Tonight, we are going to a party in Long Island, but I hear the weather is supposed to be nasty, so IDK if that will affect our plans. If we don't go, I REALLY want to have a date night.

No plans for tomorrow. Sunday we may go to FI's grandma's for Easter lunch. 

Wait, I just realized I do have major plans. I am binge watching Madmen all weekend. Sunday after we get home I plan on making myself an Old Fashioned or a Manhattan (never made one before, mind you), to watch during the premier :)
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Today I'm spending with my mom running errands. Tomorrow Have and I might try this artisanel cider place, and I don't think we have plans for Easter Sunday.

Anniversary
  • I work tax, and because Passover starts tonight, I have to work extra hours tomorrow and Sunday because I'm going home early today.
  • @peachy13, those movies are my guilty pleasure! I can't wait.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm cutting out of work a little early to go to Good Friday service with FI and FILs, then we're going out for dinner afterward. Tomorrow I'm picking up my dress from the seamstress (!!!) and running errands. Sunday is church and then a get-together at FI's aunt's house.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• After work today I have to go to the food store to get supplies to make a cake for Easter dinner.

Saturday will be probably consist of cleaning, laundry, and finish painting a side table for the family room.

Sunday I have to make the cake and go to ILs for Easter dinner.

I swear my weekends have become so damn boring.

• Tonight, bowling with friends, Saturday I'm doing some serious organizing cleaning and house work.  Sunday, church and lunch with family... and Sunday night, Secrets and Lies and MAD MEN!!!! I'm so sad it's over.....
  • @maggie0829, I feel like that sometimes too but then I get snapchats or texts from friends who still are out all the time getting crazy and I realize I would much rather be boring than still out there til 3am!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • After work today I have to go to the food store to get supplies to make a cake for Easter dinner.

Saturday will be probably consist of cleaning, laundry, and finish painting a side table for the family room.

Hey hey! There is nothing boring about cake.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• plainjane0415, there is no new Secrets and Lies this week :( I was so bummed. I really didn't like last week's, felt like it was a waste of an episode.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Hey hey! There is nothing boring about cake.

QFT
  • One of my best friends is flying in tonight for the weekend. Tomorrow we'll be meeting a mutual friend for brunch then heading to my parents' for Passover. She adores my parents so she'll be on the work crew. Passover is pretty much my favorite holiday in terms of food.

Sunday we'll head to DH's family's for Easter lunch/brunch/all day eating. Homemade Puerto Rican goodies like arroz con gandules (rice), lechon (roasted pork), and pasteles (empanadas) plus purchased Mexican wonderfulness like tamales, carnitas, and endless guacamole. It will be very casual and people will pretty much just be eating all day. We'll probably just go for a few hours as DH has tons of homework and my friend will have a hard time being there all day.

Can't wait!
  • hicoco said:

@maggie0829, I feel like that sometimes too but then I get snapchats or texts from friends who still are out all the time getting crazy and I realize I would much rather be boring than still out there til 3am!

So true!  Every weekend I look at H and say "we need to do something fun!"  But we never do because hanging around the house and doing house stuff is just so much more appealing.  I mean if we went out then that would mean I would need to wear something other then yoga pants and a sweat shirt.

• I'm one of the lucky few who has to work the whole day today. In the past, the state governor has given us a half day but that hasn't been for a few years (hello, Texas?! Why you no celebrate religious holidays?!), so I'm assuming I'll be stuck here all damn day. Tonight should be fun though. H and I are attending a rehearsal dinner.

Saturday I have to run some errands, then we are attending our friends' wedding.

Sunday I'm making apple pie from scratch and celebrating Easter with my parents and in-laws.

• I'm off today for Good Friday. I actually made my self breakfast this morning for the first time in forever. I need to go outside and pick up fallen limbs and such so I can start mowing soon. Me and my brother share a mower with my dad but unforunately it isn't working right now do I have to push mow our yard. That's my work out for the day.

Tomorrow me and my mom are going to get Starbucks and hang out a little bit. Since DH is out of town all weekend I don't Know what to do! Haha.

Sunday is obviously Easter so I'll be going to the sunrise service at my dad's church (hopefully I'll wake up in time) and then church at mine and DH's church. Hopefully, SIL and BIL will come with me. We have lunch at the ILs and then supper at my mom's.

Happy Easter everyone!

• Yay weekend plans! I'm really happy because I passed my Cal exam. Plus with the extra credit quiz, I can make a high B. Plans are kinda in the air. I'm suppose to go out with my field group today but the weather looks bad. The weather channel said clear skies! It's just annoying because if we don't go out today, that doubles the work on another day. Plus this is half of my grade. So boo. I'm planning on drinking fun drinks to celebrate tonight, but no real plans. I also have to go to the bank to get a debit card. I lost mine so I had to cancel it.

Saturday, a group of friends of mine are suppose to do a clean up. Afterwards we are getting pizza, hopefully the weather is good. If not we will cancel. Damn weather ha. Pretty much my weekend plans are dependent on the weather. I also need to get a baby shower gift. It's weird I'm invited to my very first baby shower.

Sunday, I'm going to be doing homework, and studying. Also having quality time with V. I love him a lot and he may be very far away this fall. So I'm trying to use all my time the best I can. I know grad school is a great idea but I have selfish moments and wantiung him to stay. We will make it work though.
  • After work I have to go to the gym to cancel my membership. I haven't gone in months. For the few months leading up to my race I was just running around my neighborhood and I think I'm going to just keep doing that.

FI is on call this weekend so we can't make any big plans. I really want to catch up on some Kingdom Hearts. I'm still waiting on a few addresses for our save the dates so hopefully I'll get those and I can send them all out.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• I get to move into my apartment tomorrow!  I'm excited, as I've always had roommates, and I finally have my own space.  The only downside is that I won't get to see SO nearly as often once school starts. 

• I'm going to get my hair done tomorrow because it's been over a year and I'm looking like a dollar store broom!

Then, we are getting dinner at a shitty local restaurant with FI's family for FBIL's brother's birthday. And after that I think we might be getting drunkish with a GM and BM that I haven't seen in months.
    --

I'm the fuck
    out.

• Tonight: boring. Work out, then see where the evening takes me
    Tomorrow: WISCONSIN IN THE FINAL 4, BABY!
    Sunday: Easter brunch at a friend's

Theoretically my good friend from college is in town but we haven't connected yet so I don't know if it'll happen, but I hope so!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Friday - hitting up Good Friday service and dinner at this new restaurant by us. 

Saturday - deep/spring cleaning projects on the house. DH will probably do some yard stuff. Then FINAL FOUR bball! I still have 3 of the 4 teams right now, so my bracket is looking good. @KateinBkIn - I have Wisconsin winning the whole thing. Kaminsky can't be stopped!

Sunday - church and making Easter dinner. 
    *********************************************************************************

• I'm one of the lucky few who has to work the whole day today. In the past, the state governor has given us a half day but that hasn't been for a few years (hello, Texas?! Why you no celebrate religious holidays?!), so I'm assuming I'll be stuck here all damn day. Tonight should be fun though. H and I are attending a rehearsal dinner.

Saturday I have to run some errands, then we are attending our friends' wedding.

Sunday I'm making apple pie from scratch and celebrating Easter with my parents and in-laws.

I have never seen a half day for Good Friday or any day for that matter. Ohio doesn't give free half days, not on New Year's Eve, July 3rd, day before Thanksgiving or Christmas Eve. You take vacation or work a full day :(
    :kiss: ~xoxo~ :kiss:

• It's a 4 day weekend for me. Today and Monday I'm going to work for a couple hours to keep my experiments going. We are going out tonight to celebrate our anniversary. Tomorrow I have to take my car for an oil change. Sunday I'm making a turkey dinner for Easter.

Anniversary
  • Sunday is dinner buffet at Shah's crab house. I'm contemplating not eating all weekend so I can gorge myself on snow crab legs until I can't fit into the car anymore. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • It's my week for grocery shopping, and I am going to go insane. I'm going to Sams, and I'm going to Winn Dixie, and I may run in Publix too, depending on the sales they have going. Dad's grocery week was last week, and he got stuff for chili (needs 2lbs of hamburger), spaghetti (another 2lbs), hamburgers on the grill (another 2lbs), and tacos (ANOTHER 2lbs). And then he got 4lbs of hamburger. So... enough to cook 2 of the options he planned on. He also bought a bunch of assorted pork chops, but they got frozen and haven't even been mentioned since.
    My dad:
    So I'm gonna go as hogwild as I can. I'm really excited about it.

Then tomorrow I'm going to try baking bread from scratch. Every time I buy a loaf of bread nowadays, it's stale. I'm sick of eating stale cardboard. 

And then SUNDAY:
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Today is Long Island Friday. So I'll be ingesting mass quantities of alcohol come 3pm. I also have a hair trial earlier in the day, since my stylist quit immediately following my hair trial and is no longer available to do my hair.

Tomorrow, I have an actual hair appointment, then heading to the winery where our wedding/reception is going to be. We need to pick some wines for our reception and we're totally NOT wine people. So we're looking to get some wine and have our friends help out :)

Sunday, relaxing and readying for the week.

• edited April 2015
    I get off at 1 today for Good Friday, then I might go get a mani/pedi. Then meeting up with friends for Fast 7! Already bought my IMAX tickets; just bummed I won't be able to participate in our traditional "you can have any beer you want as long as it's a Corona."

I'm totally gonna cry over Paul Walker. 

Lazy day tomorrow, might try to get some more work done on the dining room table I'm refinishing, or maybe Tidbit's dresser... then Sunday is the Easter Brunch and April Birthday Eggstravaganza at my dad's house. Will be so much fun watching the littles get into the Easter egg hunt... most of them are old enough this year to really "get it" (and the younger one will probably feed off their excitement), even though Grandpa promised less sugar in the eggs this year. ;) Last year my nephew got SO UPSET when he'd find the eggs with pretzels instead of cookies, and yell "YUCK, PRETZEL!" and throw it back. So I think they'll just all be pretzels this time.

• I have today off so we are on our way to Asheville, NC for the day!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards