Outdoor Weddings
Options

What Date Did You Choose For Your Outdoor Wedding?

13»

Re: What Date Did You Choose For Your Outdoor Wedding?

• Options
    Mid September, in Northeast Connecticut. The leaves will be changing, but it will still be warmer and sunny, and not too chilly at night.
  • Options
    We are getting married in the Chicago suburbs June 21st, summer solstice. We thought it would be cool to get married on the day with the longest light of the year. The temperature is also not super hot yet.
  • Options
    10/11. It could be 75, it could be 30 and snowing. It could be 50 and raining. We have an indoor back-up for cold temps, rain, or snow. I wasn't planning an outdoor wedding, we just found a space we like, so I won't be devastated if it's moved inside.
  • Options
    We are having a June 20 sunset elopement ceremony on the beach in NC.  It will be just the two of us, three guests, the officiant, photographer, and guitarist. Instead of a reception, we are going out to dinner at a restaurant afterwards. I'm trying to come up with a feasible plan B in case it rains, but haven't yet.
  • Options
    We chose November 21st. We'll be getting married in FL, and late fall is a great time of year there.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    cjpr615 said:

We are having a June 20 sunset elopement ceremony on the beach in NC.  It will be just the two of us, three guests, the officiant, photographer, and guitarist. Instead of a reception, we are going out to dinner at a restaurant afterwards. I'm trying to come up with a feasible plan B in case it rains, but haven't yet.

Just curious about what time your wedding will be since that is so close to the Summer Solstice.  Sunset will be quite late!
  • Options

We are having the wedding at 7:30 p.m. Not exactly as sunset which will be at 8:45 that night, but late enough that we should be able to get some really awesome pics during and after - fingers crossed!

And thankfully we have come up with a Plan B in case it rains. That has been a huge relief because I was really stressing over that one!

• Options
    Flutteringinfl, your Key West wedding sounds wonderful! We had considered Key West as well, but wanted to keep our June date. We're thinking about a delayed winter honeymoon in Key West.
  • Options
    May 16, in Cincinnati! We are hoping it doesn't rain! Should be a pretty day :)
  • Options
    We wanted to do the end of May, but it didn't work out with our officiant so now we're doing June 6th. I'm actually super grateful for that extra week, as anxious as I am to have our wedding I'm glad we have a little more time to iron things out.
    I'm sure it'll be toasty, and if it rains we have a gazebo, but as long as we have cold drinks, shelter, and umbrellas I think it'll be fine. We also bought some sunscreen and bug spray for the guests :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards