Chit Chat

What day of the week was your last non retail, long distance job interview?

taralee1983taralee1983 member
First Comment
edited April 2015 in Chit Chat
Just for fun. I wonder how easy it is to get one on a Monday evening, my only free night of the week!

What day of the week was your last non retail, long distance job interview? 21 votes

Monday
9% 2 votes
Tuesday
19% 4 votes
Wednesday
28% 6 votes
Thursday
23% 5 votes
Friday
14% 3 votes
Saturday
0% 0 votes
Sunday
4% 1 vote

Re: What day of the week was your last non retail, long distance job interview?

• This is a very specific question. 
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ 
    Funny Awkward animated GIF
  • I couldn't begin to tell you.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• First, this isn't a fun question. I need a "what the fuck?" answer option.

And why would you expect an employer to interview you at night? And by long distance do you mean over the phone?

Weird and random.
  • I prefer to do my long distance interviewes on Thursday evenings, since people can then start partying a good interview/drowning their sorrows for a shitty interview Friday. Monday, I'm getting back into the swing of things, so I would never schedule something like that for a Monday.

Also, someone demanding a certain interview at a certain time would leave a sour taste in my mouth and I probably wouldn't hire them. I'm hiring so it's my day

• Per usual you are full of fuckery.

• I've been working as a retail professional for about 10 years. But it's rare to have upper-managers work evenings.

I honestly don't remember when all of my interviews were. Generally Monday, Tuesday, or Fridays I think. I usually try to get an early afternoon one so that I don't have to be freaking out about it all day. My most recent position was a phone interview Wednesday at 5pm though.

I'd imagine it unlikely that anyone would want to set up any interviews for Monday evening, even retail.

• Hmm.  Would they do a phone interview on my lunch break?
  • Hmm.  Would they do a phone interview on my lunch break?

Come the fuck on. ASK THEM. THAT IS THE ONLY WAY YOU WILL KNOW.

What the actual fuck?
    But why, Lolo? Why would anyone pick up a telephone and ask a perfectly reasonable question, when they could ask internet strangers who know absolutely fuck all about the company in question?
    I've been doing life all wrong.

Annabelle can you tell me how late my hair stylist is open and whether she could do a 7pm highlight on Wednesday?
    I asked the magic 8 ball. All signs point to yes. 
    You're welcome.
    Hey! Are avocados on sale at my grocery store? Will they be ripe enough tomorrow? HELP!
  • I've also been trying to get them on weekends, but, to the best of my knowledge, places don't give interviews then.
  • Nobody will give me weekends. That's the problem.

Of course they won't interview you on the weekend.  Generally employers conduct interviews during their business hours.  

Why the fuck would you expect their recruiters/hiring managers to stay late or come in on a weekend to interview you?  When these people see how inflexible you are about your availability to interview, that doesn't look good.

Find a way to interview at the beginning or end of the day or over your lunch hour.  Request the time off of work. The end.
  • Nobody will give me weekends. That's the problem.

No the problem is you're acting like a giant idiot. Take. The day. OFF. That's what EVERYONE ELSE DOES.

How fucking self-centered are you to think someone else is going to use THEIR day off to do YOU a favor so YOU can get a new job? If anyone ever asked me to interview them on the weekend your resume would end up in the trash before I even hung up the phone.

• Is the number in your user name your birth year? Have you honestly made it 31-32 years on this planet without figuring... well, ANYTHING out?

Seriously. Please tell me 1983 was a number you picked at random. 

Why would someone interview you on a weekend? If someone asked me to interview them on a weekend, I'd say that wouldn't be possible and toss their resume in my NO pile. 
  • ...why does everybody put so much anger and hate into this person? It's clear they're a troll. And a pretty harmless one at that. But yes, still full of fuckery.

You just hang on until you find the non-retail employer that will give you a weekend interview on your time schedule. It's clear that none of these employers care about their future employees if they're requiring them to take time from their busy calendar to participate in a measly phone interview. I mean, you're not asking to be President of the company, are you? And even if you are, they should still grant your request. You don't want to work for a company that will respect your personal life on the weekends. No social life FTW!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards