Chit Chat
Options

Lilly Pulitzer for Target

Is anyone else as ridiculously excited for this as I am? I love all things summery and girly, and I NEED these shoes in my life. And I'm gushing over all the adorable little girls stuff.
It's not available yet, but they show the whole collection here

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Lilly Pulitzer for Target

• Options
    blabla89 said:

Is anyone else as ridiculously excited for this as I am? I love all things summery and girly, and I NEED these shoes in my life. And I'm gushing over all the adorable little girls stuff.
    It's not available yet, but they show the whole collection here

STOP! I LOVE PINEAPPLES!!! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just looked, and am apparently not a fan ( I had never hear of this Lilly whatever person).
  • Options
    UGH I want these gold wedges too.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

Ooh, now those arent bad. A little too low for me though. Now these, I would kill for.

• Options

I HAVE to have this dress!

• Options
    I have a few housewares from the last collection she did with Target: hat boxes, a few serving dishes, and a few remaining note cards. I love the patterns but I'm always less excited about wearing them. I'm loving the dishes this time around too.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options

littlepep said:

Ooh, now those arent bad. A little too low for me though. Now these, I would kill for.

WAY cute but I think I'd break my neck just looking at them. Walking without falling is not one of my strong suits. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I have a few housewares from the last collection she did with Target: hat boxes, a few serving dishes, and a few remaining note cards. I love the patterns but I'm always less excited about wearing them. I'm loving the dishes this time around too.

Oh yeah, I think I would like this type of stuff better. I am just really not into these patterns as clothing.
  • Options
    FI surprised me the other day. We were in walking through the mall and I stopped to look at a dress, and he said something like, "that's nice, but how about a Lilly Pulitzer dress?" And then proceeded to walk to the other side of the ladies' section and pick up a dress that was indeed by Lilly Pulitzer. There was no signage or anything to tip him off. He actually knew what a Lilly dress looks like and where to find it. And he was the one who told me about the Target collection.

I'm pretty sure that if FI and I have a daughter, she's going to look like this:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    Lilly Pulitzer isn't my taste but I like the little girl clothes. I think they would look adorable on them.
  • Options
    I like a lot of Lilly Pulitzer but I feel like I look like such a wannabe as a (now as of ys yo mother of two in some of her short skirts and dresses.   But I'm pretty sure I need those sandals and DD is going to wear those things whether she likes it or not.

• Options
    I basically need all the things. 
  • Options
    I know there's a big stereotype about this stuff in the south but I've never really seen it before and I think it's really cute. But I like the preppy look and patterns especially. I'm into Kate Spade too and this reminds me of that for sure.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I am SO excited for this.  I heard there are some Lilly snobs who are upset about it.  Good.  More cheap stuff for me!

• Options

I am SO excited for this.  I heard there are some Lilly snobs who are upset about it.  Good.  More cheap stuff for me!

This is my feelings too. I love her stuff but I can't justify spending the kind of money it costs very often. I'm thrilled she's doing a line for Target! Maybe it will really motivate me to get my butt in gear and lose weight so I can buy all the clothes!

• Options

Yup. LOL (clicky)
  • Options
    littlepeplittlepep member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    flantastic said: lurkergirl said:I am SO excited for this.  I heard there are some Lilly snobs who are upset about it.  Good.  More cheap stuff for me!

Yup. LOL (clicky)
    UGH BOXES

"If lilly pulitzer is sold at target it won't be
    haute couture for sorority girls anymore"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

Yup. LOL (clicky)
    Oh good Lord, those people are ridiculous! But I got a good laugh out of it. "It was never supposed to be this way!" was my personal favorite. I wish I had so little in my life going on that something this frivolous was worth caring about for even 2 seconds.

• Options

Yup. LOL (clicky)
    Oh good Lord, those people are ridiculous! But I got a good laugh out of it. "It was never supposed to be this way!" was my personal favorite. I wish I had so little in my life going on that something this frivolous was worth caring about for even 2 seconds.
    hahaha:

Tbh
    I'm not happy about Lilly for Target. What's the point of investing in
    their clothes if you can just buy it for cheap at Target now? ?

— Sammi (@sammimiller) January 7, 2015

INVESTING in overpriced sundresses.

L.O.L.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

Yup. LOL (clicky)
    hahaha:

Tbh

L.O.L.
    I'm super curious to know what the ROI is on a Lilly dress.  
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    littlepep said:

sarahufl said:

Yup. LOL (clicky)
    hahaha:

Tbh

L.O.L.
    I'm super curious to know what the ROI is on a Lilly dress.  

I asked a sales person at David's Bridal the same thing. She was trying to sell me dresses way over my budget and told me to look at it as an investment.

I OPENLY rolled my eyes and told her she was barking up the wrong tree and I wasn't falling for her crap.
  • Options
    I'll admit, I hate on Lily a lot and generally don't want to wear it...but some of those dresses and rompers are cute. I would spend $40 on that, but not $100.

• Options
    Nope still hate it.

• Options
    I might actually pay $100 for those sandals, because pineapples. A sundress? Not so much. $50 is about the max that I'll allow myself to spend on a dress, regardless of the brand.

TBH, I don't care that much about the Lilly Pulitzer label, but damn some of the stuff is cute and I'll buy it when it's in my price range.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    blabla89 said:

I might actually pay $100 for those sandals, because pineapples. A sundress? Not so much. $50 is about the max that I'll allow myself to spend on a dress, regardless of the brand.

TBH, I don't care that much about the Lilly Pulitzer label, but damn some of the stuff is cute and I'll buy it when it's in my price range.

I'LL TAKE ALL THE PINEAPPLES!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    labrolabro member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    I am SO excited for this! Lilly P is usually way out of my price range (although I've bought a few things for my niece on sale). Those tweets from people pissed off over the Target collaberation were hilarious!

• Options
    Well now that I see all these uppity cunts are so against us white trash Target shoppers having their precious Lilly clothes I might have to buy a floral romper. I'll never wear the damn thing but I just want to stick it to them.
  • Options
    Ok I'm down with these. 
  • Options
    I actually just bought my first LP dress at Nordstrom. It was pricey (dh talked me into it), but it's really high quality. If the Target collection is as high quality, I'll likely be buying that too. It's just so darn adorable!
  • Options
    esstee33esstee33 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited July 2015
    WANT EVERYTHING. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards