Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding Paper Divas Review

I wanted to share my recent, less than great experience with WPD.  I think it will work out okay in the end but I'm concerned right now.

It took easily 3-4 weeks for them to ship my sample.  I was told this was because premium samples take longer, and they were having an issuer with their supplier, but the actual invitations will ship quickly.  I loved the sample once we received it and we decided to go with WPD.

The proofing process was really easy and the designers aligned everything, fixed the fonts, etc.  I got my proof within hours of ordering the invitations, which was great.

Our two-day shipping actually took three days once it was sent, but oh well.  Still arrived in time.

However, it turns out the invitations had a lot of printing errors.  About half of our invites had a smudge of gold ink over Fi's name, even though there was no gold ink on our invites at all.  Several of the reply and accommodations cards had messed-up foil: either the foil was sort of rubbed off in areas and the white paper was showing through, or on a few there was actually no foil at all-- the paper was just embossed where the foil would go.

Customer service was very friendly and they are replacing the defective items.  Assuming the replacements are correct, we will still be OK on our timeline to mail everything.  But this makes me really question their quality control before they ship orders out.  How could you not notice ink over the name of the groom, or that the foil is completely missing on some cards?  So right now, I'm crossing my fingers that everything arrives okay this week.

Just grumbling about this.  I probably would not choose WPD again.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

Re: Wedding Paper Divas Review

• Thanks for the Review. It actually makes me so torn right now on what to do. 
    I am still waiting on my samples from WPD (I ordered them on Feb. 17).
    Although based on the website, I did happen to like their design the best, I don't know if it will be worth the stress, especially when the Samples I ordered from Invitations by Dawn and Minted are very nice, and they were very prompt to arrive (within 10 days).

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929 said:

Thanks for the Review. It actually makes me so torn right now on what to do. 

I am still waiting on my samples from WPD (I ordered them on Feb. 17).
    Although based on the website, I did happen to like their design the best, I don't know if it will be worth the stress, especially when the Samples I ordered from Invitations by Dawn and Minted are very nice, and they were very prompt to arrive (within 10 days).

Bummer-- I really do think in the end WPD will make it right, I just wish it wasn't a hassle.

I will update when I receive the replacement items, which are supposed to get here by tomorrow.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Yes, please keep updating! I am hoping the samples arrive any day now :/ Everyday I get home from work and run to the mailbox just to find it empty.

I hope that your issue has been solved!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Oh no!

Makes me feel slightly less crazy for ordering my invites several months too early, but I hate that you have to deal with this stress!

• loro929loro929 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment Name Dropper
    edited March 2015
    @JCBride2015 Quick question:
    When you placed your order with WPD, how many days did the entire process take ( from purchase to arrival)?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • loro929 said:

@JCBride2015 Quick question:

When you placed your order with WPD, how many days did the entire process take ( from purchase to arrival)?
    @loro929 Hmmmm maybe 5 business days total?  It was fast.  I got my proof within hours.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Oh and by the way-- the replacements arrived at the time they said they would, and they all look fine.  So at least we are still on track with getting everything mailed out next week.  Eeeeep.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• @JCBride2015 Oh thats great! I am happy that everything worked out in the end. I just finally got my samples yesterday, which was why I was curious about the timeline! Thanks for the info :-)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Just to add an experience- Wedding Paper Divas did my invitations correctly the first time.  I am glad that your invites worked out in the end!
  • I also used Wedding Paper Diva and my invites were correct the first time too.   The shipping was very fast too.  
  • JCbride2015JCbride2015 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    Guys, I'm going to fucking lose it, seriously.  We went to stuff the envelopes yesterday and realized they sent us the wrong size reply envelopes.  I am going completely off my rocker.  After several phone calls and speaking with several different people, they are sending us new envelopes overnight and refunded about 30% of our purchase price.

Seriously though?  Really?  WEEKS to get the sample, then so many printing errors, and now the envelopes are wrong?  It's like a child put our order together.

This is the only thing that has sent me into bride stress.  It's beyond fucking ridiculous.

ETA tagging @loro929. If you have any other option I would not use WPD.  Or check that shit extremely closely when it arrives.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Thanks for sharing this--I need to get on the ball with invitations and it helps to be able to eliminate one option.
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • I am going to be using WPD but I plan on ordering my items months beforehand, when I see a great sale going on again
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards