Attire & Accessories Forum
Options

Show me your Shoes!

I'm desperate for inspiration. Show me the shoes you're wearing on your wedding day! Where did you get them?  I'm about 2 months out, and I have no clue what shoes I'm wearing. I need to decide within the month for alterations. I really wanted some mint heels, but the color is so hard to match with my BM dresses.

Re: Show me your Shoes!

• Options
    peachy13peachy13 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    Here are mine! 

Kate Spade and I got them way on sale on 6pm.com. Lots of options there. If you like Kate Spade and mint heels.. I found these on there now for under $200! <3

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options
    vmj23vmj23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its First Answer
    I got mine from Zappos.  I love zappos - they have a huge selection and have free shipping/returns so you can order a few and easily send back what you don't like!  I didn't worry about matching my bridesmaids dresses at all (which were gray).   Even they all had different colored shoes. I wouldn't worry about trying to match so much, you won't notice. 

• Options
    Your shoes are both so pretty! I'm trying not to hang up on matching the color, but it's so hard! The one pair I ordered was definitely blue, so they had to go back. Thank you for the suggestion, peachy13!!
  • Options
    From bhldn: 
  • Options
    Miss L Fire Orient. Ordered them off of Amazon.uk I wanted something a little quirky, and that I could wear again. Also thick heel for walking on the grass.

Anniversary
  • Options
    I'm wearing solid mint heels. Inexpensive, comfy, and I'll totally wear them again after the wedding. 
    Displaying IMG_9564.JPG
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

I'm wearing solid mint heels. Inexpensive, comfy, and I'll totally wear them again after the wedding. 
    Displaying IMG_9564.JPG
    For some reason, it won't let me see the picture! I'm not sure if it's just my computer though.

From bhldn: 

I am obsessed with these! They are so gorgeous! Thanks for the link! Checking them out now!
  • Options
    chibiyui said:

Miss L Fire Orient. Ordered them off of Amazon.uk I wanted something a little quirky, and that I could wear again. Also thick heel for walking on the grass.

Those are so cute! I love when attire reveals something about your personality!
  • Options

For some reason, it won't let me see the picture! I'm not sure if it's just my computer though.

I'll just attach a picture. I was trying to do it from my phone. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    You don't need the exact heels for alterations. Majority of heels are 3 inches, so if that's the height you're comfortable with just wear any 3 inch heels for the alterations. 

Mine were teal suede Jessica Simpson. They didn't match anything at my wedding and I didn't care at all. 

• Options

I'll just attach a picture. I was trying to do it from my phone. 
    I love those! The inside it super cute too! I love when things have a fun interior.
    jenna8984 said:

You don't need the exact heels for alterations. Majority of heels are 3 inches, so if that's the height you're comfortable with just wear any 3 inch heels for the alterations. 

Mine were teal suede Jessica Simpson. They didn't match anything at my wedding and I didn't care at all. 
    Jessica Simpson is wonderful! You have an excellent point. I think I'm just overanalyzing this. This is the only thing that I've been super picky about.
  • Options
    I am loving all the shoes with bows! Here are mine:

• Options

I am loving all the shoes with bows! Here are mine:

Those are really cute! I think I've decided on these. They might not be mint, but they look vintage. That's what I wanted in the first place! And they're mary janes! So they're everything I wanted, just not mint. Which was driving me nuts. I kept getting paranoid about the color clashing with my BM's dresses. image
  • Options
    I went with Tom's wedges in Ivory.  They match my dress perfectly and they are super comfortable.  Can't wait to wear them! 

Image result for toms ivory wedges
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

I did this as well. I bought a 2.5" pair of heels ($25 at Payless) and wore them to my alterations.  Although, it's interesting.  When I set my 2.5" wedding heels next to the 2.5" pair I wore to alterations, my wedding heels are about .5" taller than the other heels!  It wasn't a big deal, but still!  That's a pretty big discrepancy!  It must be all in how different designers measure their shoes.

I just measured them both from the floor to the sole, where your heel actually rests, because I was curious.  It's 3.25 inches on my wedding heals and 2.75 on the other pair.  Both were advertised as 2.5" heels.
  • Options
    I saw these and instantly fell in love. 
  • Options
    Here's mine!! They don't photograph very well with an iPhone, apparently! I just bought a pair of dyeable shoes from David's and then DIY'ed them! A really quick project and I love them!!
  • Options
    From macys. I got them for under $100 thanks to a 25% off coupon. Gold and covered in ab (rainbow) crystals. They are stunning in person.

http://www1.macys.com/shop/product/adrianna-papell-fame-evening-pumps?ID=1271793
  • Options
    They are all so pretty, ladies!
  • Options
    missdelilahmissdelilah member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited March 2015
    I ended up designing mine through Shoes of Prey.  I was really pleased with the quality of the satin shoes, but the sparkly heels were really uncomfortable, which is strange, because they're both the same shoe base.  Also, the sparkles kept catching on my dress (I really wish I'd tried these on together before committing to them all night).  And of course, you can't see either pair of shoes in any of my photos, aside from these, which my photographer staged.  

Designing the shoes was so much fun!  I'd totally do it again.  But I had the advantage of having them delivered to Australia, where the import duty is already paid.  
  • Options
    @missdelilah OMG they're like Dorothy's!  Love both pairs :)
  • Options

I'm in love with these AND they were 50% off. This weekend I wore them around the house to break them in. I'm glad no one was there to see me because I'm sure I looked ridiculous in my sweatpants and gold heels.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    I lied. I changed my mind last minute and got these. I think they're too blue, but at this point I don't think I care.

• Options
    Hey lady shoes, smitten with little bow is what I believe they are called.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I just found my shoes and I'm so excited about them! 
    001.png 735.4K
  • Options
    These are mine. :)

• Options
    Decided on mine yesterday and will be ordering them today!image

Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Options
    chibiyui posted them in another thread and I fell in love with them. No other shoes seemed to compare. lol. They really don't match my colors at all, but what the hell. No one's going to see them unless I show them, anyway! :D

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    allison09allison09 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited April 2015
    @missdelilah, where did you get those purple shoes? They are just what I'm looking for!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards