Re: I love the 90's

• Options

problem child!image

• Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

kindergarten cop!image

• Options
    Was What's Eating Gilbert Grape from the 90's?  Cause that's a good one too.
  • Options

But I'm a Cheerleader came out in 1999...and so did I. I still have a thing for Clea DuVall and Natasha Lyonne.
  • Options
    novella1186novella1186 member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

definitely love every movie you guys have named. 

I own Empire Records, Scream, and Drop Dead Gorgeous on VHS and still watch them all the time. Also love to watch Jurassic Park and Hook. 

Oh yeah, and Casper. Home Alone. And Little Women. 

And i didn't see these on the list so maybe it's a UO but Space Jam and Jumanji will always have a place in my heart. 
    I was going to MARRY Devon Sawa!
    Haha me too! Did you ever see a movie he was in way back when called "Wild America" with JTT? Omg. All my kid dreams came true lol. 

ETA photo: 

Also, anyone remember this movie? : 
  • Options

I own Empire Records, Scream, and Drop Dead Gorgeous on VHS and still watch them all the time. Also love to watch Jurassic Park and Hook. 

And i didn't see these on the list so maybe it's a UO but Space Jam and Jumanji will always have a place in my heart. 
    Haha me too! Did you ever see a movie he was in way back when called "Wild America" with JTT? Omg. All my kid dreams came true lol. 

Yes! Greatest movie ever. Although I also watched Idle Hands b/c he was in it, and ohmygosh what a terrible movie.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

ETA photo: 

Also, anyone remember this movie? : 

WILD AMERICA..........AHH! Loved it.
  • Options
    amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    VELVET GOLDMINE YASS.

I think most of the ill-advised dating decisions I made in my early twenties were entirely a result of too much Velvet Goldmine in my formative years. All those alcoholic guylinered wannabe rock stars who occasionally got drunk and kissed other alcoholic guylinered wannabe rock stars...well, it was hot when Ewan and Jonathan did it, okay?

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options

You guys, I had this pinup from Teen Beat on the back of my bedroom door. Last thing I saw before going to bed at night:

Well we had different taste......I had Kurt Cobain on the ceiling above my bed hahahah

• Options
    jenna8984 said:

You guys, I had this pinup from Teen Beat on the back of my bedroom door. Last thing I saw before going to bed at night:

Well we had different taste......I had Kurt Cobain on the ceiling above my bed hahahah
    We had really different tastes I had Eliza Dushku and Joan Jett.
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

jenna8984 said:

Well, I do agree that Eliza Dushku is hot. LOL. 
    I listened to Nirvana and alternative music, but always preferred the clean-cut cuties in terms of looks ;-)  

• Options

Eliza Dushku is the best! I was such a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan though. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I can't believe I forgot about Buffy! Back then I was OBSESSED with Luke Perry. 
  • Options

I can't believe I forgot about Buffy! Back then I was OBSESSED with Luke Perry. 

I read the book first and then I finally saw the movie. I'd already started the TV series and did not know there had been a MOVIE already. 
  • Options

larrygaga said:

Can't believe no one has said this yet. 

Titanic? 

When we were kids my nephew was really into boats, so I had to see the second part of that fucking video tape several times a day for 2 summers in a row. 

Not the fun romantic first part. The second part where everyone dies.

How awful!  Titanic came out when I was 10 or so.  There was nothing to do in our small town at the time except to go to the movies, and our movie theater was showing titanic for seriously like 3 months.

I think I saw it in theaters something crazy like 7 times.  Looking back, I'm like why did my mom and dad keep shelling out money for me to see the same movie over and over with my friends?!

Don't know why your parents did. I'll tell you why I did this. I paid to get those little girls out of the house and  buy an hour of peace, because the alternative was to have a gaggle of eleven year olds down the hall playing the soundtrack and singing my heart will go oooooooo-ooon over and over and over, in their best Celine Dion imitations. The Titanic sing along choir just wouldn't quit.  
    Kids crack me up. 
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    littlepep said:

Eliza Dushku is the best! I was such a huge Buffy the Vampire Slayer fan though. 

I liked her in Buffy, but Willow's adorable ways usually distracted me from the hotness of Faith. Then I saw Bring It On. That movie also came out in 99. 1999 was a good year for a young budding lesbian. 
  • Options

larrygaga said:

Can't believe no one has said this yet. 

Titanic? 

When we were kids my nephew was really into boats, so I had to see the second part of that fucking video tape several times a day for 2 summers in a row. 

Not the fun romantic first part. The second part where everyone dies.

How awful!  Titanic came out when I was 10 or so.  There was nothing to do in our small town at the time except to go to the movies, and our movie theater was showing titanic for seriously like 3 months.

I think I saw it in theaters something crazy like 7 times.  Looking back, I'm like why did my mom and dad keep shelling out money for me to see the same movie over and over with my friends?!

Don't know why your parents did. I'll tell you why I did this. I paid to get those little girls out of the house and  buy an hour of peace, because the alternative was to have a gaggle of eleven year olds down the hall playing the soundtrack and singing my heart will go oooooooo-ooon over and over and over, in their best Celine Dion imitations. The Titanic sing along choir just wouldn't quit.  
    Kids crack me up.
    It all makes sense now! haha
  • Options

I will say emo boys with eyeliner (they were more 2000s then 90s) did make me reevaluate my sexuality. 

I'm a lesbian but...that boy is really fucking pretty. Oh and now he's kissing that other pretty boy with eye liner and skinny jeans...am not as gay as I thought I was because that's fucking hot.

What I'm saying is if the opportunity ever arose I'd give up my gold star to fuck Bowie. 
    Everyone should want to fuck David Bowie. H and I have a rule that if he ever hits on either of us, that person is fucking obligated to get under him.

And also you should be watching Velvet Goldmine.

I seriously need to. I had not heard of this movie before. Now I need it in my life as soon as humanly possible.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards