Chit Chat
Options

I love the 90's

Re: I love the 90's

• Options

My other favorite 90's movie, which I may or may not still listen to the soundtrack.

• Options
    KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

For all you Leo fans. He didn't age well.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    KatWAG said:

For all you Leo fans. He didn't age well.

I still love him. So much.

• Options
    amelisha said:

Here's my guilty confession:

Then he got married at 19 and I was like "Dude, wtf, no".

Oh, I can totally beat this one. I went to a Hanson concert LAST YEAR.

For the record, they're much cuter now then they ever were in the 90s. The audience was full of women in their late 20s absolutely hyperventilating, it was pretty astonishing. My friend and I were totally taken aback, just sitting at our table with a glass of wine like "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" We just thought it would be fun to go hear them, tickets were cheap, we loved them in the Mmmbop era...and then there were a couple hundred grown women, like, screaming and trying to rush the stage and holding up signs (in a tiny little cabaret theatre.) 

But they were very good-looking, very talented, and the show was entertaining. Their live harmonies are super impressive and they all play like ten instruments.
    YUP! You guys are my people.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Options

I found out I was a heartless weirdo when I was a teenager and we had a group of 10 girls go see Titanic in the theater and I was the only one laughing at the end rather than crying....happened a few years later with Crossroads. They were all like wtf is wrong with you?

• Options

I also loved Dazed & Confused and Cruel Intentions

Brad Pitt in A River Runs Through It -- my masculine ideal

Stealing Beauty

Beautiful Girls

Leaving Las Vegas

Mystery Alaska

• Options

amelisha said:

For the record, they're much cuter now then they ever were in the 90s. The audience was full of women in their late 20s absolutely hyperventilating, it was pretty astonishing. My friend and I were totally taken aback, just sitting at our table with a glass of wine like "WHAT IS GOING ON HERE?!" We just thought it would be fun to go hear them, tickets were cheap, we loved them in the Mmmbop era...and then there were a couple hundred grown women, like, screaming and trying to rush the stage and holding up signs (in a tiny little cabaret theatre.) 

But they were very good-looking, very talented, and the show was entertaining. Their live harmonies are super impressive and they all play like ten instruments.
    I still love Hanson.  I've gone to like 3 or 4 concerts in the last few years.  They're always in teeny venues and I love it.  I'm still convinced Taylor waved at  me at one of them, and I'm sticking to that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

I found out I was a heartless weirdo when I was a teenager and we had a group of 10 girls go see Titanic in the theater and I was the only one laughing at the end rather than crying....happened a few years later with Crossroads. They were all like wtf is wrong with you?

As in the Britney Spears movie?? Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly, but that doesn't seem like a crying type of movie. 

When my friend and I saw Titanic in the theater, neither of us were crying, but the guy next to us was SOBBING. I was like I mean it's pretty sad, but that seems a tad over dramatic. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    arrippa said:

My other favorite 90's movie, which I may or may not still listen to the soundtrack.

I absolutely made H take me to see the stage production of that a few years ago.

Still amazing.
  • Options
    sarahufl said:

arrippa said:

I absolutely made H take me to see the stage production of that a few years ago.

Still amazing.
    It's coming to Boston in a few months and we are  planning a girls night out to see it. I am glad to know it's good.
  • Options
    tcnoble said:

I wish Netflix had a "Best of the 90's" category. All of this would be there.

With the addition of Spice World.
    Spice World was another movie I saw in theaters multiple times.
  • Options
    edited June 2015
  • Options
    When I was 14, I wrote a letter to ABC begging them not to cancel My So-Called Life. 
  • Options
    littlepep said:

jenna8984 said:

As in the Britney Spears movie?? Maybe I'm not remembering it correctly, but that doesn't seem like a crying type of movie. 

When my friend and I saw Titanic in the theater, neither of us were crying, but the guy next to us was SOBBING. I was like I mean it's pretty sad, but that seems a tad over dramatic. 
    Yea I don't remember it either but I think it was happy/sappy tears at the end when Britney falls in love or whatever and the friend has the baby.

• Options
    Oh, man, I loved Newsies SO MUCH too. Young Christian Bale! Dancing! Catchy songs!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

amelisha said:

lol I went to a Hanson concert about 3 years ago. They played at the House of Blues in Chicago. First Hanson concert where I was old enough to drink. It was fucking awesome. 
  • Options
    edited April 2015
    jenna8984 said:

What was that movie where Natalie Portman gives birth in a Walmart? Where the heart is? I loved that one.

Where The Heart Is. Loved that movie. 

ETA: also Anywhere But Here. 
  • Options

amelisha said:

lol I went to a Hanson concert about 3 years ago. They played at the House of Blues in Chicago. First Hanson concert where I was old enough to drink. It was fucking awesome. 
    Could you get Mmmhops? We were sad that liquor laws meant they couldn't bring any up here so we couldn't buy any.

I did get a t-shirt though, which I wear to work out to FI's endless amusement. And to be honest I'd probably wear it other places if it wasn't enormous in the grand tradition of concert tees. HANSON 4 LYFE after that concert. I'm not ready to hand-letter a sign for the next time or anything but I would totally see them again.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options

OMG I remember the first time Hanson was on MTV. My brother was screaming from the living room "Come here! Quick! Hurry!" I go running in like it's something important and he points to the tv and goes "Are those boys or girls?"

• Options
    amelisha said:

amelisha said:

Could you get Mmmhops? We were sad that liquor laws meant they couldn't bring any up here so we couldn't buy any.

I did get a t-shirt though, which I wear to work out to FI's endless amusement. And to be honest I'd probably wear it other places if it wasn't enormous in the grand tradition of concert tees. HANSON 4 LYFE after that concert. I'm not ready to hand-letter a sign for the next time or anything but I would totally see them again.
    No idea. I didn't even check cuz I can't drink beer :( 
    Good cosmos, though. 
  • Options
    jenna8984 said:

OMG I remember the first time Hanson was on MTV. My brother was screaming from the living room "Come here! Quick! Hurry!" I go running in like it's something important and he points to the tv and goes "Are those boys or girls?"

lol I remember when they first came out, I walked in my sister's room and she had a poster of them on her wall, and I said "Are those two girls that guy's sisters?" (I thought Taylor and Zack were girls. Definitely knew Isaac was a guy). I then went on to have the hugest crush on Taylor EVER. 
  • Options
    @novella1186 Albert Einstein and Taylor Hanson share my birthday ;)

• Options
    All of them. Seriously, how can you ask me to choose?!

Obviously Empire Records, Clueless, The Craft, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Bring It On, and Dogma. I cannot rank them.

200 Cigarettes definitely has to be up there too. I had (maybe not so much past tense) such a ladyboner for Casey Affleck.

Also First Wives Club, The Birdcage, Sense & Sensibility (I will never get enough of Alan Rickman), Gattaca (and I love that we watched it for Biology class), The Full Monty, Brassed Off (which I cannot watch without crying; also how hot was 20-something Ewan McGregor?!), The Fifth Element... and I just know I'm forgetting a whole bunch. Oh! Hudson Hawk, and Death Becomes Her. Love me some Bruce Willis.

imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options

Obviously Empire Records, Clueless, The Craft, Drop Dead Gorgeous, Bring It On, and Dogma. I cannot rank them.

200 Cigarettes definitely has to be up there too. I had (maybe not so much past tense) such a ladyboner for Casey Affleck.

Also First Wives Club, The Birdcage, Sense & Sensibility (I will never get enough of Alan Rickman), Gattaca (and I love that we watched it for Biology class), The Full Monty, Brassed Off (which I cannot watch without crying; also how hot was 20-something Ewan McGregor?!), The Fifth Element... and I just know I'm forgetting a whole bunch. Oh! Hudson Hawk, and Death Becomes Her. Love me some Bruce Willis.

omg YAS! 200 Cigarettes!!!! And First Wives Club! (I re-watched it after my college boyfriend dumped me via phone, 4 days before we were supposed to move across the country together, and I loved that movie so much more in that context!!!) 
  • Options

omg YAS! 200 Cigarettes!!!! And First Wives Club! (I re-watched it after my college boyfriend dumped me via phone, 4 days before we were supposed to move across the country together, and I loved that movie so much more in that context!!!) 
    Seriously, FWC and Gilmore Girls got me through my first two breakups.
    imageDaisypath Friendship tickers
  • Options
    MagicInk said:

Selena was my SHIT. Now I really want to go home and watch this movie.
    *bidi bidi bom bom*
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards