Honeymoon Discussions
Options

XP: Airbnb?

edited April 2015 in Honeymoon Discussions
We're hoping to spend part of our honeymoon in Sydney and I was thinking it might be cool instead of staying in a regular hotel to rent an apartment for a few days. Seems like it would cost us about the same or less in some cases than a regular hotel and there are plenty of options, and I was wondering if anyone could give me their thoughts on this service. I have a close friend who has used it several times and loves it, but I've also read horror stories from some online websites.

I'd appreciate any thoughts, positive or negative, and for those of you who would recommend it, what questions would you suggest asking owners and what should I look out for?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: XP: Airbnb?

• Options

I've heard good things about airbnb and vrbo. I have a friend that uses vrbo for most of his vacations.

• Options
    My FI and I used AirBnB for a trip to Austin, TX when travelling to a wedding there a couple years ago as we found the hotels too expensive. It was perfectly fine. No issues for a short trip. The place was clean and we were able to meet up with the owner's rep to get a key despite arriving much later than originally planned. 

We found a studio through VRBO for our honeymoon stay in Saint Martin this coming June. We just relied on the fact that this location had a large number of reviews and fingers crossed it looks as nice as it does in the photos.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards