Pre-wedding Parties

When to arrive to my shower?

eeepp my shower is in 2 weeks and I am crazy excited! I booked my hair and MU trial for 11:30am and the shower is at 2:30. 

What time should I arrive?? I am thinking of having my trial at my grandma's apartment which is where I will be getting ready on the wedding day but I am not 100% sure yet. Is this a good idea since the apt is in the same building as the shower will be? 

I can't wait!! 

Re: When to arrive to my shower?

• What MyNameIsNot said.  This shower is being thrown for you so you should be there at the designated time so that you can greet the people who are coming to celebrate you.

• Why would you not arrive at 2:30? People are there to celebrate you and shower you with gifts. Why would you think you should arrive any later than the stated time?

• Were you wondering if you should get there early?? I don't understand why you might think you should get there late.

I would get there between 2 and 2:30, just because I like to be early and see if I can help.

• KatWAGKatWAG member
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015

Is this a trick question?

Arrive on time or a few minutes before.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • You guys, I work tomorrow at 7:30. What time should I get there?

Anniversary

• JaniV123JaniV123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015

Were you wondering if you should get there early?? I don't understand why you might think you should get there late.

I would get there between 2 and 2:30, just because I like to be early and see if I can help.
    This is the reason I was asking. Because I don't want to be there awkardly 30 min before people arrive but I tought maybe a few minutes before actual 2:30.

ETA: I dont want to be there too early either because IMO it would seem like I am waiting for people to celebrate me but in a snobby way IDK why but that is the way I feel. Like I want to not be the first one there and people here tend to be late-ish so yeah, that is why I ask. No need to be mean btw

ETA2: I am not the crazy "lurker Knottie#" so wanted to cross out my comment because I did not mean to sound that way. Its been a long day and brain farts.

• I assume the host(s) will get there sometime before to set up, so you can get there any time after that time and before 2:30. It's OK if you're there before all of the guests - I would expect this, and not think you were waiting around for gifts.

• Thanks @lolo883! Will do 

• JaniV123 said:

Were you wondering if you should get there early?? I don't understand why you might think you should get there late.

This is the reason I was asking. Because I don't want to be there awkardly 30 min before people arrive but I tought maybe a few minutes before actual 2:30.

ETA: I dont want to be there too early either because IMO it would seem like I am waiting for people to celebrate me but in a snobby way IDK why but that is the way I feel. Like I want to not be the first one there and people here tend to be late-ish so yeah, that is why I ask. No need to be mean btw

ETA2: I am not the crazy "lurker Knottie#" so wanted to cross out my comment because I did not mean to sound that way. Its been a long day and brain farts.

But besides the hosts, who will know that you got there 30 minutes before the start time?  They will just see that you arrived slightly ahead of time if they happen to get there exactly at 2:30.  So unless you plan on going around telling everyone that you got to your shower at 2pm, then I don't really get why people will think of you as being a snob for actually being at your shower on time.

• My shower is next weekend and it starts at 1p.  I was planning to get my hair done and wanted to know timing (I didn't even know start time, i've been completely left in the dark).  I asked my mom and MOG (who are hosting) when to show up and anticipated to help out with things.  They told me 15 minutes late LOL :) They are hosting so I play by their rules.  Everyone is different!
  • aloha5736 said:

My shower is next weekend and it starts at 1p.  I was planning to get my hair done and wanted to know timing (I didn't even know start time, i've been completely left in the dark).  I asked my mom and MOG (who are hosting) when to show up and anticipated to help out with things.  They told me 15 minutes late LOL :) They are hosting so I play by their rules.  Everyone is different!

Please don't show up 15 minutes late.  You are the guest of honor and should be present and on time to say hello to all of those who are celebrating you as they arrive.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards