Wedding Invitations & Paper

Wedding invitations-Vendors

I am wondering if anyone was able to find a good vendor for less than $350 for around 80-100 invites? I know a lot of people are doing invites DIY, but I am trying to save myself the stress! Plus everyone I have found at Etsy wants over $400 for 100 invites.

I`m also looking for a full set for invites with the RSVP card and printed envelope, not just a simple invite. Thanks!

Re: Wedding invitations-Vendors

• Vistaprint can do all this for far less.  If you want something a bit more formal, try Invitations by Dawn.
    httpiimgurcomTCCjW0wjpg
  • Go to Etsy and get the invites that you print yourself. I did that, had them printed by a local print shop... less than $400 for 150 of them. And that included 3 inserts and a full invite.

• Go to Etsy and get the invites that you print yourself. I did that, had them printed by a local print shop... less than $400 for 150 of them. And that included 3 inserts and a full invite.

Agree with this. Except we printed them at home (A friend did the design work)... We got our paper from cardsandpockets.com. I spent less than $250 for the STDs, and full invite with envelopes, inserts, RSVP cards and envelopes, etc.
  • kikilamp said:

Go to Etsy and get the invites that you print yourself. I did that, had them printed by a local print shop... less than $400 for 150 of them. And that included 3 inserts and a full invite.

Agree with this. Except we printed them at home (A friend did the design work)... We got our paper from cardsandpockets.com. I spent less than $250 for the STDs, and full invite with envelopes, inserts, RSVP cards and envelopes, etc.
    Yeah, maybe mine were cheaper than I said... who knows. Now that I think about it, they were around $300. And that included the setup fee from the Etsy designer. I'm hemorrhaging money at this point. It's hard to remember things.

• I bought a simple diy set from Party City online. It was a simple 5x7 card, envelope, rsvp card & rsvp envelope and it came with a website for templates to set them up. I paid $20.00 for each kit of 50. I did each part over a week. I think all in all, with setting up the wording, I spent in total 6-7 hours total doing them. I should add the reason it took me so long is that I ran all the envelopes through my printer so I could print the guests name on each envelope. I also did that for the RSVP envelopes putting our address on it & then the guests address on the sender spot.

• ktbee21ktbee21 member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited April 2015
    Thanks! mikenberger Do you remember where you went? And Erikan73, that must have been a lot of work! I may need to look into that though because it certainly seems cheap.
  • HappyinLove56HappyinLove56 member
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited April 2015
    Wedding Paper Divas.  I spent less than $200 for invitations and RSVP cards for $100 people (but only 50 invites).  Remember that you only need an invite per household, not per person.  
  • Wedding Paper Divas.  I spent less than $200 for invitations and RSVP cards for $100 people (but only 50 invites).  Remember that you only need an invite per household, not per person.  

Not true. If you have an adult child living in the house, they should receive their own invite independent from their parents. I had to send 4 invites to one house because all my cousins are still living at home and are 18+ with significant others. 

@ktbee21 I just got them from some random designer on Etsy and just went to a local print shop. I bet if you googled "printing service" and your city, you can find one locally to you. They're super easy to work with. This is their job!

• I'm really happy with my invites from Zazzle, however they arrived a week later than they estimated at check out, so order early. Sign up on their page and you'll get discount offers all the time, I was able to get 50% off.
  • i'm going to get my invites from Vistaprint for about $40 (for 100 invites) thanks to a groupon! Check and see if they have it available in your area...it's like $27 for $70 of credit then we just need to spend an extra $12...We're getting invites and rsvps then doing a business card for our reception card.
  • Go to Party City.  They have binders of actual invitations to look at and feel.  They were always 30% off.  I went home, googled what I liked and found it at a local (online) place for even cheaper.  The brand of invitation was Birchcraft.  We paid around $240 for 100 invitations.  Included outer envelope with return address preprinted, inner lined envelope, invitation, response card w/ envelope pre-addressed.
  • David's Bridal has great prices, and some lovely invitations. 25% off sale right now if you use the code HEART25 at check out.
  • I'm using this etsy shop: https://www.etsy.com/shop/RunkPockDesigns

So far she has been great to work with. Very fast turnaround. She has different options at different price points depending on whether you want to go with a cardstock backer or pocket folder. I'm paying $180 for 80 invitations including RSVP cards and enclosure cards. She doesn't include envelopes but I only paid about $30 for all my envelopes for the invites and RSVP cards. I liked that her prices are on a per invite basis so it doesn't matter how many invites you order, it's always the same price. 
  • We just ordered our invites last night from Visaprint.  $106 for 120 invitations and envelopes even though we already purchased envelopes elsewhere because we wanted black.  Now we have envelopes for the thank yous!  We did the upload your own design 5x7s.
  • I used Vistaprint for pretty much all of our printing, except the programs which we had printed locally because of the timing. I really liked the quality of paper we got for our invitations (linen) and we got a lot of compliments. If you are having a very formal wedding, perhaps you would need to look elsewhere (invitations by Dawn, or maybe even David's Bridal) for things like letterpress or similar type. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards