Chit Chat

AW: I got married!!

TL;DR: My wedding was awesome and super fun except for the venue owner turning into a dickhead. Pretty pics at the end :)

After having 80% chance of rain predicted in our area for this past Saturday, we ended up with a gorgeous, warm day. It was perfect. We had a few mishaps, but in the grand scheme of things, I can say our wedding was perfect and beautiful.

The only downside that I need to vent about quickly was the wedding venue owner. From June of last year (when we booked the venue) all the way up to last week he was incredible. He wanted to provide a complete stress-free day for us, his people handled everything from getting other vendors set up, linens and decorations, etc. put out, they handled it all. However, Friday before the wedding rolled around, and he turned in a complete asshole. I was honestly shocked and I keep going over it in my head to see if maybe there was some miscommunication, because his personality change was so out of nowhere. He literally spent Friday and Saturday making me and FI feel like we were in the way, that our wedding was a huge inconvenience, and that we were being assholes by wanting to get married there. Examples: I called and asked 2 weeks before the wedding to ask if he would mind my MIL bringing our cakes to the venue on Friday instead of Saturday because she was coming from another state and didn't want the cakes to have to go inside the hotel, then back to the venue. He said absolutely! No problem!
I talked to him that Friday morning, letting him know our plan to bring the cakes that day and again, great no problem. I end up showing up the venue 30 minutes early bc ILs got in town bit earlier, and it was supposed to start raining really bad so I made the executive decision for us to take the cakes over early to try and avoid getting them out in the rain. When we get there, he (venue owner) FLIPS out on me! He starts yelling things like, "Nothing is cleaned up! You are really pushing me right now and your wedding isn't until Saturday and you're trying to get everything set up on Friday!!" I was like WOAH WHAT?! So I become extremely apologetic and try to say that I thought we had talked and agreed to bring the cakes today, but he won't let me talk, so I apologize again and tell him I don't mean to mess up his schedule at all, and even though we are only 30 minutes early we can come back later, it's not a big deal, but NOPE, he is pissed and "you're already here now so just bring them on in." Guys, I was almost in tears by the time we got the cakes in the house. My friend was in the car with me when I was talking to him (through bluetooth through the speakers) and she was just wide-eyed by the time we hung up. So whatever I calm down, we spend all of 5 minutes getting the cakes inside (through the now pouring rain) and leave.

All day Saturday I find out that he's been yelling at DH (FI at the time), DH's groomsmen, and everyone else who was helping. DH and friends brought over the ice coolers Saturday morning and he yells at them about how he wants things set up and they don't need to just be coming and going without letting him know (no one was coming and going, they just came out to drop off the ice chests and some decorations my coordinator wanted), then he goes off on DH about wanting to move the bar closer to the dance floor. It was a giant cluster. Even he (dickhead venue guy) and the DJ had words because the guy was yelling at him about something! Honestly, by the end of the night I told DH I was ready to leave early because I couldn't wait to get off that man's property. 

Other than all that (sorry for such a long vent on what should be a happy post), everything really was amazing. Our guests had plenty of food and drinks to keep them happy, everyone had a chair, there were both indoor and outdoor accommodations depending on where people wanted to sit, and DH and I got married. I cried like I thought I would but my makeup girl did such an AMAZING job you couldn't even tell I had cried at all! 

Here are a few non-professional pics I got :)

1. DH and I saying our vows

2. Me about to do my first look with then FI

3. Right after the ceremony

4. One of my (3) cutesy signs inspired by pinterest. I couldn't resist

4. My amazing cake!!! Made by MIL

5. H's groom's cake

6. H and me dancing with H's nice
Anniversary

Re: AW: I got married!!

• OMG THOSE CAKES AND THAT LITTLE GIRL AND YOU AND YOUR H AND THAT DRESS!

I love it all. I'm sorry your venue mgr was such an ass. My DJ did the same. My review reflected the outcome of service the weekend of ;)

imageimage

• Congratulations! You look so beautiful! And I love the picture of you and your H (!!) dancing with his niece.
  • Congrats! Y'all look amazing! And OMG I love that venue. I hate that the dude was an asshole. :(

Saturday was GORGEOUS weather up in my end of the state! I'm so glad it carried over to your end as well!
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • You look beautiful!  Congrats!
  • Everything looks awesome, and you looked beautiful!!!! Wow that cake is amazing! Your MIL is extremely talented.

What the hell was up the venue coordinator's ass? That is horrible. I would leave a scathing review on all channels.
                                 Anniversary
    imageimageimage

• Did your MIL make that cake?  wow!

Beautiful pictures and a beautiful couple.

The BBQ & Booze sign made me laugh, did you make it?

• I love that third picture.  You look so happy!!  

Sorry about the asshole.  Some people just need to get laid.  ;)

• Congrats, you were a gorgeous bride!  Awesome cakes, too.
  • Beautiful! And those cakes are seriously phenomenal! Congrats!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers

• Congratulations!  You looked so beautiful!!!  And that pic with your H's niece is out of control cute.

I can't believe your MIL made that cake.  Is she a professional?  And did she make the groom's cake too?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Those cakes are awesome! I will admit I just skipped to the pics. You look great- congrats!!

• Congrats, you look gorgeous! And that cake looks amazing!

Formerly martha1818

• Y'all look great! And what a cake! Wow!!
    *********************************************************************************

• Thanks everyone!! Trust me, we are leaving reviews everywhere just as soon as we find out whether we are getting our deposit back. We had to pay a $500 refundable deposit to save the date, and he said he would return it as long as there were no damages to the property and everything was left clean. We didn't damage or destroy or dirty up anything, but BIL did drive over the grass (after some staff told him to) and Dickhead yelled at him for it. We are thinking he will use that to keep the deposit. Whatever. Fuck him.

My dad, H and BIL made all the signs and they were awesome. We had the BBQ/Booze one, the one hanging above us at the ceremony and one more hanging above a cookie table that said "How Sweet It Is"

As for the cakes, MIL made them both. She's what I would call a professional but she does everyone out of her own kitchen at home, and she's had very little professional training. I don't know if I'm allowed to broadcast her business here, but if you're in the southeast region of the U.S. and you're interested, PM me and I can give you her contact info.

Anniversary

• You looked gorgeous! What great pictures!

I hope you leave a bad review for that venue owner. What an asshole! 
  • Amazing pictures! And that cake is seriously gorgeous! 

I'm sorry that owner was a jerk, but thank goodness you didn't let it ruin your day! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • wow your MIL is a talented lady! That cake is amazing! You looked so beautiful! Congrats :) 

As for the property owner, I would like to punch him in the mouth for you. What a douche. 
  • So pretty and amazing photos!  That cake is seriously gorgeous and you look radiant.  Congrats!

• Omg you look so gorgeous! And I am obsessed with your flowers!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • CONGRATULATIONS! Everything looks beautiful and your cake is amazing!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Your MIL made that cake? It's amazing! And you look gorgeous!

• Sorry about the rude owner. 

You looked beautiful and HOLY CAKE!! Congrats :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Dat Cake. 

Congrats! Everything looks beautiful!

Anniversary
  • You look beautiful! Also: OMG THOSE CAKES THO.

For all the drama, the venue itself looks beautiful. Congratulations!
    This baby knows exactly how I feel
  • Congratulations!  You look so beautiful!  And I am super jealous of your MIL's mad cake skills. 

• Congratulations! You look so beautiful and happy!

Sorry about the venue guy being a douche.
  • ElcaBElcaB member
    First Anniversary First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its
    Congrats!

MIL has mad-crazy cake skillz. 
  • Congrats! Everything looks awesome in the photos. Wowza to that cake!

Once you know about the deposit I would be reviewing him everywhere and giving great detail to what a dick he was.
    image Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards