Pre-wedding Parties
Options

How much help is too much?

lembasloverlembaslover member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment First Answer
edited April 2015 in Pre-wedding Parties
My MOH lives across the country from where I live and am having my wedding. The whole bridal party is spread out across the country so we agreed that to limit travel for people it'd make sense to have the bachelorette party the night before the rehearsal dinner. 

My question is how much help is too much for me to give my MOH. With her being across the country and never having been where I live before it makes it hard because she doesn't know what is here. She has asked me what I want for it and I don't really know what to say. I want to be helpful but I don't want to cross the line where I am planning for myself.

Should I make a list of places that I either like or have heard of and think they sound fun? Or should I try to limit my input to a general suggestion like how about a bar crawl or maybe lets take a class of some sort and let her figure out the details of what exactly? Or are both of those too much and I should just keep my suggestion to anything in the city no strippers please?
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How much help is too much?

• Options

My MOH lives across the country from where I live and am having my wedding. The whole bridal party is spread out across the country so we agreed that to limit travel for people it'd make sense to have it the night before the rehearsal dinner. 

My question is how much help is too much for me to give my MOH. With her being across the country and never having been where I live before it makes it hard because she doesn't know what is here. She has asked me what I want for it and I don't really know what to say. I want to be helpful but I don't want to cross the line where I am planning for myself.

Should I make a list of places that I either like or have heard of and think they sound fun? Or should I try to limit my input to a general suggestion like how about a bar crawl or maybe lets take a class of some sort and let her figure out the details of what exactly? Or are both of those too much and I should just keep my suggestion to anything in the city no strippers please?
    Have What the night before the rehearsal dinner?
  • Options
    oops edited to say bachelorette party
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I would just start with the high-level "in the city and no strippers" and then offer to get a list of some places if that would make things easier for her, and then I would back off and let her plan it. 
  • Options
    High-level is good, but if there is a specific place you have in mind let her know! I had a similar situation where I'm the MOH, but the bc the bride and her friends all live in a different city I traveled there for her bacchelorette party. I was happy to plan it, but asked for her input because she knows that city, I don't. It worked out perfectly bc I had the guidance I needed and knew that I was throwing her the BP that she wanted!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards