Chit Chat

Gettin down on Friday

Happy Friday! 

Actually, I have zero plans this weekend. H has the day off (though he has to go in for a few hours to figure out his health spending account). I'm thinking dark chocolate chip pancakes for breakfast. Maybe we'll take baby for a walk later. Lots to do around the house...like closet organizing. Yay! :(

What are your plans?

Re: Gettin down on Friday

• Welp, I was gonna wake up at 5:30 today and go for a run while it was nice and cool out, but that didn't happen so now I'll be running this afternoon while it's blazing hot. After that I'll probably die. 

But if I don't die I'll hopefully go on to a nice, relaxing weekend. We're going to a baby shower on Sunday. I already bought a couple things off the registry but they're having twins plus I accidentally had the stuff sent to their house way early, so I'll probably pick up one more thing to give them.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• Tonight - spin and then relaxing at home. 

Saturday - early morning hike, and then a memorial service for our friend that passed away. 

Sunday - running errands and cleaning the house 
  • amelishaamelisha member
    First Comment First Answer 5 Love Its Name Dropper
    edited April 2015
    Skiing, again, leaving right after work. I want to go at least twice more before our resort closes for the season on May 10th. It's a good thing my wedding dress isn't fitted at the thighs because my legs are getting huge from going so often...

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Leaving in a few hours to pick up FSIL from school and then we are headed home for the weekend! 

FI's wedding ring came in and he is SO excited to pick it up  I have never seen him act like this over any material object before. I think it's sweet. 

Meeting with our chaplain tonight to talk ceremony and have some pre-marriage counseling. 

My sister is going to her BFs prom tomorrow, so I'll probably be helping her and taking pictures. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We leave for Moab in a few hours.  In a RV.    I predict I will not be too productive at work today.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Spin class this morning, jog with BFF tonight (and we're doing some baking for a cookie sale for her nursing class). Saturday work then...?

Sunday my FIL is coming over for lunch.
  • Running a 1/2 marathon on Saturday and I have my bridal shower on Sunday. So somewhat of a busy weekend.

Also trying to finalize wedding stuff, need to decide on hair/makeup, I don't really understand airbrush vs regular makeup so that's part of my weekend goal to figure out

• Movie night for DH and I tonight. I'll probably clean up a little bit around the house and do some laundry.

I'm going to my mom's tomorrow  morning. Her and her boyfriend broke up and while I can't say I'm sorry (me and my brothers all did not like him at all), I know she's upset so we're just hanging out.  I'm hoping the grass will  be dry enough so we can mow the yard that afternoon.

Sunday, I'll go to church and the go see family after.

• Poor Fi needs a root canal and I need to call the dentist for him.

My shower is tomorrow so that should be fun.  I'm still really mad at FMIL and it's going to be awkward seeing her and dealing with her passive aggressive bullshit.  But whatever.  My sister is really excited about the shower and has been doing so much, I'm really grateful to her for throwing it.  If FMIL has any complaints about K's decisions, she can kindly choke on them.

Other than that-- I'm feeling pretty positive today.  My physical therapy is going really well and there was noticeable improvement in my appointment today!  I'm feeling great since I went back to barre class this week and my PT was really convincing me that barre is worth the money.  She said it's going to save me more therapy and possible surgery later.  I'm sold.

Also I woke up to this gif in my email inbox!  I love Dear Kate and cannot get enough of them.  This is the first marketing image for their new "sport" undies:

Yes!  Women of several shapes and colors actually doing active things in their activewear.  Get 'em, girls.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

"I'm not a rude bitch.  I'm ten rude bitches in a large coat."

• Well, I had my first real wedding nightmare last night. So I guess that means it's getting real???

The restaurant FI works at has a breakfast buffet tonight at 10:30, so I suspect it'll be after 2 before he gets home. Woo. I'll do a couple loads of laundry (hopefully) and get to read my new book! Yay!

As for the weekend - blissful calm, I think! I'm pretty sure FI has to work one weekend day, but I can't remember if he knows which yet. 

Saturday I'm going to be doing housework and yardwork. There are little weedy things coming up in my garden and I MUST PROTECT MY GARDEN! So I'll be weeding early in the morning. Then probably cutting at least SOME grass. And the little dog got halfway through her spring haircut last weekend before she told me to go fuck myself, so she'll get the rest of it this weekend. I only have one leg, under her neck, and tidying to do! Surely she can survive that. 

Sunday will be Bread Day. I didn't make any last weekend, and it made me so sad to have to buy bread when it's really not that hard to make. So we're going to be playing with my ancient Oster Kitchen Center all day! Woo! I freaking love that thing.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I'm gathering some last minute items and am about to head down to a friends house in VA. Then I'm working with another friend (The lovely one who made my engagement ring) at a craft show in Arlington.

Busy weekend.

Anniversary
  • @kvruns good luck on your half! I have one coming up at the end of next month and I am woefully unprepared for it.

Tonight H and I are going to have a quiet night in. I'm going to try and read some more of my book, since I've been slacking in the whole reading department.

Tomorrow, H had a 12 mile trail race in the morning so I'll probably clean the floors while I have some peace and quiet. I need to work in a run during that time as well. After that we'll probably hang out with the dog and maybe go out with his parents for dinner. We're trying to get better about eating right and not drinking during the week so tomorrow night I'm going to nom on ALL the good food and drink ALL the wine.

Sunday will most likely be spent outdoors - we still need to finish cleaning out the beds around our house before we can plant anything new or put down mulch and H wants to mow the lawn. I also want to take the dog for a nice long walk as well because I think he's going a little stir crazy.

• @kvruns good luck on your half! I have one coming up at the end of next month and I am woefully unprepared for it.

Tonight H and I are going to have a quiet night in. I'm going to try and read some more of my book, since I've been slacking in the whole reading department.

Tomorrow, H had a 12 mile trail race in the morning so I'll probably clean the floors while I have some peace and quiet. I need to work in a run during that time as well. After that we'll probably hang out with the dog and maybe go out with his parents for dinner. We're trying to get better about eating right and not drinking during the week so tomorrow night I'm going to nom on ALL the good food and drink ALL the wine.

Sunday will most likely be spent outdoors - we still need to finish cleaning out the beds around our house before we can plant anything new or put down mulch and H wants to mow the lawn. I also want to take the dog for a nice long walk as well because I think he's going a little stir crazy.

Mine won't be anything too spectacular, but I've run a couple of 10/12s so I will survive :)  It is going to be warmer than I like (55 at the start) so that kind of stinks.  I'd rather it be 30 at the start
  • Saturday night I have a stupid Jack & Jill to go to. I've never gone to one and usually boycott them for obvious reasons (the kind you buy tickets for, not the co-ed shower kind) but since I'm the freaking maid of honor I have to go.

Sunday we are finishing moving into the apartment since our house is selling in 1 week!! Crazy!

Monday I have off because I work in the town that the Boston marathon starts and all the roads are closed. My good friend is running and I'm supposed to go cheer for her but it's supposed to pour all day so I might just meet her for a celebratory dinner. Not sure yet, but either way woohoo for a day off work.

• Tonight H and I are going to celebrate our 6 month anniversary a day early and go to dinner and a concert. I'm super excited!

Tomorrow I am cleaning house and then my friend is coming over to watch chick flicks and eat popcorn and drink wine.

Sunday I volunteer at our local animal shelter and then I am going to relax the rest of the day.

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • jenna8984 said:

Saturday night I have a stupid Jack & Jill to go to. I've never gone to one and usually boycott them for obvious reasons (the kind you buy tickets for, not the co-ed shower kind) but since I'm the freaking maid of honor I have to go.

Sunday we are finishing moving into the apartment since our house is selling in 1 week!! Crazy!

Monday I have off because I work in the town that the Boston marathon starts and all the roads are closed. My good friend is running and I'm supposed to go cheer for her but it's supposed to pour all day so I might just meet her for a celebratory dinner. Not sure yet, but either way woohoo for a day off work.

Tell me more.  I only recently heard the Jack & Jill term associated with weddings and assumed it was for a co-ed shower.  is there another kind?  and you buy tickets?  What??
  • Tonight I have to rush home from work for FSIL's birthday get together at 5:30pm and then, because they do things last minute and I already had plans, I have to leave at 7pm to head to the city for dinner with a group of friends. We planned it months ago and are going to a Brazilian steakhouse and I am VERY excited!

Tomorrow we are celebrating my dad's birthday with middle eastern food at my parents house and then I will probably go out with a few friends.

Sunday is my dad's actual birthday and my mom will be out of town so I want to take him to lunch or dinner with my brother but I know he will protest. Fingers crossed he just lets us do it!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • kvruns said:

jenna8984 said:

Saturday night I have a stupid Jack & Jill to go to. I've never gone to one and usually boycott them for obvious reasons (the kind you buy tickets for, not the co-ed shower kind) but since I'm the freaking maid of honor I have to go.

Tell me more.  I only recently heard the Jack & Jill term associated with weddings and assumed it was for a co-ed shower.  is there another kind?  and you buy tickets?  What??

@kvruns Oh goodness, you haven't heard of this yet? They are popular in my area of MA/CT and from my understanding they are super popular in Canada where they are referred to as a social. It's basically a fundraiser party, where the couple getting married hosts their own party, usually at a hall with a DJ and snacks and raffles. You pay around $20 for entrance which the couple keeps to use toward their wedding. It's so fucking stupid, I can't even.

The special kick in the pants is that they invite EVERYONE they know, and tell them to invite everyone they know. So 200 people who are not even invited to the wedding get an invitation to come fund a wedding that they're not invited to. And the couple thinks so highly of themselves that "Who wouldn't want to come celebrate with us".

Not to mention- hey assholes, you're spending money on this party so you could have just put that money towards the wedding....

I told the girl how awful they are and directed her to these boards. She said I know and I don't care, I'm having one.

• We are sending invites out on MONDAY!   So I'll be spending the weekend making sure they are all set. (I finished them like a month ago -- addressing, stuffing, etc) Now I just have to revise 3 envelopes... the invited people either broke up with a SO or got a new one... and seal them.
    I'm so excited to mail them!!!

• What we do will depend on the weather. We were going to go biking tomorrow, but it supposed to rain so we may end up painting the guest bedroom/bathroom instead. 

Sunday I'm hosting a baby shower for my SIL. I am so excited to be an aunt!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jenna8984 said:

Gross! I've only been to coed showers. I had never even heard of this until I came to TK.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm in Mental Health First Aid training today, which I was super excited to take, but this isn't the greatest week work wise to be missing a day for it, so I'm a little stressed.  

But tonight we're taking my niece and nephew to our school's family glow dance.  You wear white/neon and there's a bunch of glowing stuff you can buy, so I guess it's a bit like a rave for toddlers and little kids.  

Tomorrow I plan on draining the hot tub and cleaning it out.  I can't wait!!  We have a new service guy who is much better than where we bought it from, and he gave me a bunch of advice to try.  Then cheer all weekend.  Woo.  

• I have a busy weekend planned. And only about one week to finish up wedding stuff.

Tonight FI and I are going on a date to this restaurant where our friend works. Which is nice since we've been so busy doing wedding stuff we haven't had a lot of time to go out. I also have to look at wedding jewelry today since I haven't bought anything and I am quickly running out of time.

Tomorrow is my bachelorette party! We're doing brunch and going to a Twins game. Then perhaps drinking with the few of my friends who like that sort of thing. It might just end up being my one BM and I out at the bars.

Sunday will be for recovery. And probably working on the seating chart. The sooner we get that figured out the sooner I can start printing/cutting all the table stuff.
  • @jenna8984 ok I saw someone reference a social party like that recently and thought it was crazy - didn't realize it was a "thing".  yuck!!
  • Today is my third and final day of funemployment, so at the moment I'm still sitting on the couch in my underwear. It's supposed to be a brilliantly gorgeous day here today though (74° and sunny!) so I need to figure out how to spend most of it outside. I'm meeting some work friends for lunch though and I need a pedicure... hopefully I can finish painting my dining room table this afternoon.

This weekend... probably mostly packing tomorrow, and BIL's housewarming party on Sunday. He remodeled the whole thing, including tearing down a wall, and I'm excited to see how it turned out, partially because he's going to help us remodel our kitchen. ;) From the partially done floor and pictures I've seen, he did a really great job.

• I just realized this thread is why I have that stupid Friday song stuck in my head. 

I really want to go find the video and share it with all y'all, because I'm spiteful like that.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • @lolo883 When do you close? Are you able to go right into the new house with no in between? Our sale closes 4/24 so we're moving into the apartment this weekend.

• I just realized this thread is why I have that stupid Friday song stuck in my head. 

I really want to go find the video and share it with all y'all, because I'm spiteful like that.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards